SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Spoiler:
Maybe since we haven't heard from her either, she either dies or escapes!
I was hoping she'd be on Mileena's rebellion side. Doesn't look like she'd come back now that she's siding with Havik.

Spoiler:
Well, she works for Reiko, and he's not in the game either. They'll probably both die in the comic...

*weeps*

The motivations behind that loincloth are so hilariously transparent that I'm not even mad at how absurdly stupid it looks.

I've been wanting for Kotal Kahn to get killed off and his team of cronies to lose but knowing what happened in MKX, it will never happen in the comics and that makes me groan...

Something about that guy i just do not like. Hes nothing compared to Onaga or Shao Khan. The way he was appointed leader of outworld just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Kotal Kahn shits on Shao or Onaga. Those were your generic Bad Guy Mc Dudes. And he finally started to kick some major ass which is long overdue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg

Skarlet looked nothing like her. Might as well remove the mask and call her a different name, voila, brand new character. And wtf is that loincloth about?

Last edited:
Eventful issue that stumbled in the telling, here's what stood out to me this time:

-Why does the previous issue even exist? It was bad in reading it, and in retrospect it's even worse because all of the stuff in this issue could have just been spread out over two. Instead of two pages of Sonya trying to save Shaun, we could have had two more pages of build-up to the Kotal vs Gorbak fight to make it more meaningful. It's cool that Kittelsen wants the world to feel broad and filled with characters, but the point of spending time on those side characters is to not kill them off immediately after.

-The end of the last chapter seems so silly in retrospect, too. Johnny runs at Sonya and Kotal like the world is about to end, and then this chapter begins like it was no big thing, "two hours later" the fight is still going on in exactly the same spot. What? Either Johnny is a complete wuss, or, more likely, the transition from issue to issue was just nonsensical.

-Why did the Shokan run away when Gorbak died? What????? I guess the ones standing next to Kotal when it happened might have freaked out, but how the hell does that translate to the entire siege letting up?! Imagine the Shokan raping and pillaging just around the corner, in a total bloodlust, partnered up with their three-storey-tall Oni warlords. Suddenly a bunch of Shokan run towards them shouting "Gorbak's dead! Gorbak's dead! Get out of the city!" -- and what, the three-storey-tall Oni warlords just forget all the slaughtering they're currently engaged in, tremble in fear, and run out of the city? :laugh: It's a bit much.

-The moment with Johnny and Sonya was touching. And it's good to know that Sonya will be leaving. She's just a hanger-on in Z'unkarah, unfortunately, so going off with D'Vorah will be good for both characters because they won't have Kotal around to hog all the spotlight.

-Wait, so Johnny's straight up out of commission? So he now essentially has a doctor's note for not getting into any more fights anytime soon? :laugh: I guess I'll have to savor that panel of him almost dropkicking a Shokan mook, it'll have to last me a while.

-I'm disappointed that it wasn't D'Vorah who stole the dagger. Now that I've thought about it, it wouldn't really make sense for her to have done it, because Reiko has no confirmed Netherrealm ties in this timeline, and Havik is from Chaosrealm... nothing that connects to Shinnok... so all right. I guess you can just chalk this up to me anxiously awaiting the development she will receive when she goes traveling with Sonya Blade.

Skarlet looked nothing like her. Might as well remove the mask and call her a different name, voila, brand new character. And wtf is that loincloth about?

Duh. How can she be a red ninja if she doesn't have a red loincloth? Honestly, do you even think about the things you type? :laugh: ;)

Duh. How can she be a red ninja if she doesn't have a red loincloth? Honestly, do you even think about the things you type? :laugh: ;)

I take my words back. It's obviously a necessity to put loincloths on all ninjas. I guess it provides extra armor or some wicked shizz that we mere mortals cannot even begin to fathom. Thanks, genius! :hail::hail::hail:
Does this mean that Kotal's a ninja too since he has loincloth?

...Reiko has no confirmed Netherrealm ties in this timeline...

Reiko is best buddies with Daegon. Also, his past doesn't change just because Raiden reset time. He may well be a demon from the Netherealm for all we know, just like Quan Chi (I'm still wondering about that grudge between him and the sorcerer he mentions to Taven in MKA). My best option for Reiko is that he is a human from a conquered realm and he became BFF with Shao Kahn during their time as slaves in Onaga's gladiator arenas, from which they rose to high positions in the Imperial Court (I know that Shao Kahn was mentioned to have been God Protector of Outworld, but how cool would him and Reiko be like Spartacus and Crixus type of warriors leading a Revolution to overthrow Onaga?). So, Reiko respected Shao Kahn from then on and never betrayed him. Though he secretly wished he'd be the one ruling, his sense of honour was always there... but after Edenia's fall he helped Shinnok in the first war against Raiden because he believed in his ideals: a world free of the malevolent Elder Gods

I take my words back. It's obviously a necessity to put loincloths on all ninjas. I guess it provides extra armor or some wicked shizz that we mere mortals cannot even begin to fathom....

Serves as a distraction. If the fight is not going in the ninja's favor, they can flip up their loincloth making their opponent immediately stop fighting and look. Similar to a kilt. Look up the song, "Scotsman's Kilt," for an explanation. Male or female ninja, doesn't matter.

/end of my stupidity

Mileena's did. There is definitely precedence for this, and as far as we know, Reiko has no connection to Shinnok or the Brotherhood of Shadow in the new timeline.
Even in the original timeline, Reiko's link to the Brotherhood of Shadow wasn't very clear. He originally was supposed to be a member, since its emblem was on his outfit, but his PlayStation MK4 ending led to whatever ties to the BoS he had being completely overshadowed by his connection to Shao Kahn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Mileena's did. There is definitely precedence for this, and as far as we know, Reiko has no connection to Shinnok or the Brotherhood of Shadow in the new timeline.

Did Mileena's past actually change?
Or is this a different Mileena than the one Kitana grew up with?
Her ending in MKX solves the plothole. The old Mileena was killed and another clone was brought before Shao Kahn. This justifies his reaction to Shang Tsung: "Bring me my daughter, Mileena!" after he orders Kitana's imprisonment. The sorcerer had done it before and now did it again: a new clone to replace Kitana. The old one was probably killed by the princess or Jade before the events in the game and Kitana's memory was erased to give her one more chance at serving Shao Kahn (we all know he had a soft spot for her in his heart).

Reiko-Shinnok connection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsDI_hUsFw

Did Mileena's past actually change?
Or is this a different Mileena than the one Kitana grew up with?
Her ending in MKX solves the plothole. The old Mileena was killed and another clone was brought before Shao Kahn. This justifies his reaction to Shang Tsung: "Bring me my daughter, Mileena!" after he orders Kitana's imprisonment. The sorcerer had done it before and now did it again: a new clone to replace Kitana. The old one was probably killed by the princess or Jade before the events in the game and Kitana's memory was erased to give her one more chance at serving Shao Kahn (we all know he had a soft spot for her in his heart).

Reiko-Shinnok connection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsDI_hUsFw

That is a fan theory you just came up with and not canon in any way; Mileena's altered backstory still shows that characters' backstories can change with the reboot. Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung still acted like this was Mileena finally being awakened for the first time. Mileena being freakin' killed earlier is still a pretty big change to her backstory.

Last edited:
I agree that Reiko's connection to Shinnok was retconned out immediately following MK4. There's no reason to assume it's a thing in this new timeline.

Reiko is best buddies with Daegon. Also, his past doesn't change just because Raiden reset time.

You're assuming that it hasn't been straight up retconned out of existence.

edit: apparently I was slow on the responding...

There's been no mention of Reiko being part of the Brotherhood of the Shadow. However, that doesn't mean he isn't.

Of course not, but we're free to assume whichever alternative we feel is the most likely. The upcoming conversation with Jax will go a long way toward confirming whether he has anything to do with the Netherrealm in this timeline or no. Jax worked for Quan Chi for years. He will have had plenty of opportunities to run into Reiko if Reiko still has any ties to the Netherrealm.