How was the tag fighting in this game?

YouveBeenCaged

I'm honestly not a gamer. Well, I don't own any current systems anyway. I mainly like playing retro 8 and 16 bit games, so the most recent system I own is a PS2. Therefore the most recent MK game I've played is Armageddon. I wasn't much of a fan of the PS2 games. They were okay, but some stupid decisions kept them from being great. I haven't even played MK9 at all, but Im considering getting a PS4 just to catch up with MK before X comes out. Been a MK fan since I saw the movie as a kid, and have a resurgence of interest of all things Mortal Kombat recently.

ANYWAY, I had been thinking it'd be cool if MK did a Tekken Tag like game with 2 vs 2 fights. I looked up MK9 today and saw that they actually had that as an option. (Not exactly how I envisioned MY game, in my idea the teams would all be preset and not interchangeable) So, I was wondering how well they pulled off the tag fighting? Was it as awesome as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, or just meh?

It's just for shits n giggles, not to be taken seriously. Not very deep, a bit unbalanced, but still fun. More of an extra feature than a game mode.

It's just for shits n giggles, not to be taken seriously. Not very deep, a bit unbalanced, but still fun. More of an extra feature than a game mode.

That's disappointing. I hope they do a legit tag game someday with preset teams that all have their own character switching combos with both team members having their own individual special moves, like Noob Smoke in Deception.

MK does not need a full on tag game. I hate tag team games. As a side extra its great, but not like SFXT a TTT. It's bad enough picking a main let alone a team.

MK does not need a full on tag game. I hate tag team games. As a side extra its great, but not like SFXT a TTT. It's bad enough picking a main let alone a team.

What would it hurt? There'd be 10 other singles MK fighting games to choose from. It could be a cool game if done right and add something different and fresh to break up the monotony.

It was my most favorite mode and it still is!!! I don't even know why Boon would think that ppl didn't like this.

He didn't think people liked it? Well, I guess a full on MK tag game will never happen. :( Damn Boon.

I don't think folk didn't like it. It's just alot of fighting gamers follow the opinions of professional gamers. There is nothing to stop folk enjoying tag mode, unless played at a high level. Which most folk, despite what they like to think do not play at high level nor will ever enter tournaments or have to worry about that shit.

2v2 is meh. 2v1 is extremely nice because it is easier to defeat the CPU :twisted: but 1v2...

Naaah. Especially that one fight in the story mode...

2v2 is meh. 2v1 is extremely nice because it is easier to defeat the CPU :twisted: but 1v2...

Naaah. Especially that one fight in the story mode...
What about those what was it like 1v3 matches against quan chi's resurrected fighter!
Tag team was my shit....my buddy wasn't as good as me and wouldn't fight me so we would team up online! wish mkx would put tag team in!

I think one of the main flaws in MK9's tag mode was that K.O happened only when you have drained both of opponents energy bars away, instead of TTT / SFxT style where round victory was granted with single eliminated health bar.

Tag mode is legit! Play it ever day
But agreed it was unbalanced, seen the computer switch characters halfway through my combo and duck specials with their assist.also u can switch out last moment and dodge anything. ..was fun though wish Mkx had it

I understand why pro players didn't like Tag Team in MK9, but it's the most fun I ever had playing in parties with friends. Kinda strange it's missing from MKX.