3IeWmar.jpg

xQr9SWO.png

IMG_5062.png

image1.png

Variations:

2urkqvm.png

2ilo61k.png

nq4wat.png

"Unfortunately we couldn't get to play the story mode yet at the studio visit, but the game's story jumps 25 or so years into the future from where MK9 ended. From what we've seen and heard the ruler of the Outworld is now Kotal Khan and Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade have a daughter called Cassie. Even Scorpion has a new Sub Zero to face off against. The biggest question mark right now must be Kung Lao, who has proudly aged and seems to have escaped the last game's ending."

"Good old hat-thrower is how ever fully playable with the rest of the released characters and according to Ed Boon is one of the most diverse fighters in the game. Like the other characters he has three different playable variations, each one bringing new tricks into the gameplay."

"The differences between Kung Lao's Tempest-, Buzz Saw- and Hat Trick -variations happen to be the biggest ones yet. With Tempest Kung Lao uses more spinning attacks and has the ability to set his hat to spin around him as a shield of sorts. In his Buzz Saw variation his hat is sharpened with razor blade edges and allows the player to control his hat throws more. Hat Trick is the most experimental of the three, because you can throw and call back your hat at any point you want. This keeps the opponent on their toes, because the hat can extend combos."

"If bugs or glitches would appear in Mortal Kombat X, it has the same automatic update system from Injustice that allows for hotfixes."

"Ed Boon guarantees, that the online features are much more complex this time around. For example when you start the game you get to choose your own alliance from five different options: Lin Kuei, White Lotus, Brotherhood of Shadows, Special Force and Black Dragon. Basically each team gathers so called "battle points" for their team, which decides how the game's menus look both in single and multiplayer. This way each player contributes to the entirety whether or not you prefer the social aspects or playing by yourself."

"Even more diverse content is promised, for the challenge tower is making it's return. This time around the towers and their challenges change constantly, even by the hour."

Last edited:
I love Kung Lao as much as the next guy, but WTF?! He is dead, he should stay dead, i'am sick and tired of these silly resurrections. Was it that hard to not kill Sub-Zero, Kitana and Kung Lao in MK9?

Awwww shit. I want to see how they explain this one. Still hell yeah at least we have one shaolin thats back. Crossing my finger for number 2. Im looking at you liu

Wow, this was completely unexpected... Have to say I'm disappointed, never been a big fan of him. And now we will have the speculation of more dead characters coming back...

This could be KL's ancestor..The Great Kung Lao....look at him..not only does he look older but he just looks so much more different than the guy that got his neck broken.

"Fans think that all of my work is flashing lights and special effects..what they don't know is.. I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

This could be KL's ancestor..The Great Kung Lao....look at him..not only does he look older but he just looks so much more different than the guy that got his neck broken.

"Fans think that all of my work is flashing lights and special effects..what they don't know is.. I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

With the time skip, why wouldn't Kung Lao look older, especially if he's resurrected early in the story?

And isn't Kung Lao a reincarnation of the Great Kung Lao? So I'm not quite sure how that would work, not to mention the MK9 glimpse of him certainly didn't show him looking anything like that. I think the hat definitely makes it clear this is the modern Kung Lao.

Like [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] said, I'm pretty sure that this is just an older variation of Kung Lao.

Remember what Ed said about characters having older and younger variations?

Looks like some of Quan Chis Zombie minions will be playable, as some people liked to deny previously, unless Kung Lao broke out of that control.. Either way, it looked like Shaun was correctly hinting at the dead returning from Quan Chis control

Edit: Now I will wait to see if Kitana returns, since the evidence just keeps on stacking

Last edited:
Good question but does this mean that the kombatants get resurrected early in the story or does it mean that the dead age?

Looks like some of Quan Chis Zombie minions will be playable, as some people liked to deny previously, unless Kung Lao broke out of that control.. Either way, it looked like Shaun was correctly hinting at dead returning characters from Quan Chis dead zombies

Edit: No I will wait to see if Kitana returns, since the evidence just keeps on stacking
Well he doesn't look like a zombie. Wonder where they go with this.

Tbh I'm just happy we're getting news. NRS is going to kick in promoting MKX too, since it's gonna come out in four months.

The hat is a part of his variations .