Guess the next character!

I will laugh if it's Mavado since everyone will think that he is not in the game because of that one tweet that Ed Boon made. It will show you on how big of a surprise that MKX will be.

The most obvious now would be Rain imo. But if you look
at the boot picture again, the next one could be Kabal or
Mavado. It has to be some Red Dragon in MKX.

But honestly, i just wanna see Reptile, Cyrax, Sheeva
or Liu Kang revealed. At least one of them please!

The most obvious now would be Rain imo. But if you look
at the boot picture again, the next one could be Kabal or
Mavado. It has to be some Red Dragon in MKX.

But honestly, i just wanna see Reptile, Cyrax, Sheeva
or Liu Kang revealed. At least one of them please!

Ed Boon already said Rains return is unlikely, so he most likely wont return.

Ed Boon already said Rains return is unlikely, so he most likely wont return.

I think he meant Rain, or any DLC from MK9, returning as DLC. That's just what I think based on him saying, "His chances would be less likely because we want to do as much new stuff as possible in MKX."

I believe that means they don't want the same DLC characters as they had. Thus, their chances on the main roster are as good as anyone else's, except for maybe Skarlet's since I personally don't see her making a return this game. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is Rain and Kenshi have a chance at returning, just not as DLC. :)

I would prefer the next character revealed to be a
Female
Preferably New but if its a returning female. Im gonna call it and say Tanya!

I wouldn't mind it be 2 character reveals a month now to speed things up. One month reveal for a game almost out in three months is not a enough time to hype things up.

I'm basing my guesses by who has appeared the most in the last 9 games, or is just obvious to the story.

- Sonya only missed 1 of of the last 9 games and Johnny only missed 2 of the last 9 games.
Both of those are also obvious, IMO, given the story implications.
According to MK9, non-boss (or sub-boss) characters being part of the story = being playable on the main roster, hence why Rain was left out.

- Reptile also only missed 2 out of 9 games, so if another "ninja" character is next, my bet is him.

- Liu Kang is another character that's obvious, for the reason of selling games.
The 4 must-haves for most MK games are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Liu Kang, much like the same way that the BIG 4 of 80s Heavy Metal are Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.
Ever since the whole Deadly Alliance thing, I don't think they'll make another MK game without Liu.

Whether the above 4 characters are actually in MKX or not, I could care less.
I'm just stating my reasons as to why I think that they may be in.
Those are just my $0.02.

As for who I personally want to see in, for selfish reasons; Fujin.
I would love to see Fujin in MKX with 3 different Wind variation movesets.

Yes, i'm really hoping for Fujin too. He would be an amazing add to the roster. Also, i'd love Kitana and i have no idea who are they're going to reveal, just hope isn't a big bore as Quan Chi and Raiden (both obvious kharacters to be on the game - i'm not saying they don't look amazing, because they do look amazing with all those variations).

I'd like to personally see a new female character. Mainly because A.) There hasn't been a lot of females revealed, B.) I think it's time to see a new face rather than a returnee.

However, I'd personally would like to see returning for the males: Shang Tsung or Nightwolf. For females: Frost or Ashrah.

I wouldn't mind if they don't come into the game, but these are the four characters I'd like to see. I do also want to see Hotaru as well. But I'm still sticking with seeing a new female character for January's reveal.

I would be happy if 90% of the post-MK3 roster went away forever. lol

Some of the post MK3 characters are actually good concepts but NRS are not going to give them a chance. Nitara and Drahmin could both be good characters. Especially Drahmin.

The only post MK3 characters I honestly see being considered are

Tanya, Fujin, Shinnok (possibly unplayable), Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Hotaru, and maybe Sareena. Honestly all of those characters DESERVE a second chance too though.

We already have 2 (and a half) new female faces on the roster with no returning female characters revealed so far. I'd rather see a returning female character be revealed soon.

The only post MK3 characters I honestly see being considered are

Tanya, Fujin, Shinnok (possibly unplayable), Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Hotaru, and maybe Sareena. Honestly all of those characters DESERVE a second chance too though.

Not trying to debate, but IMO, Reiko deserves a roster slot before Li Mei or Bo Rai Cho.
That's just me.
Hotaru I wouldn't mind, as long as they give him the alternate knight costume and not the 1 with flags.
I agree with you 100% as far as Fujin, Tanya and Havik go. :)

truth be told the only characters i see to deserve a second chance at least are those associated with order and chaos