You can't be serious?!?!?

Are you blind as a bat? You're getting your stupid re release. I'm just telling you why its not a bad idea for them to remaster the whole game. I think your nostalgia goggles are too tight...
Well, I feel vindicated that the Purist Way won out with the FFVII rerelease. If you had your choice between Pure FFVII being rereleased or no FFVII rerelease at all, which would you take?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Well, I feel vindicated that the Purist Way won out with the FFVII rerelease. If you had your choice between Pure FFVII being rereleased or no FFVII rerelease at all, which would you take?

No release.
FF7 should be shelved. It's outlived its stay.

It devalues the historical significance of the game.

If anything, it ups the game's value by bringing in more people who want to play it... I'd rather play a game that looks better than play the exact same game that looks worse. Historical value can screw itself, knowing its the exact same game.

If anything, it ups the game's value by bringing in more people who want to play it... I'd rather play a game that looks better than play the exact same game that looks worse. Historical value can screw itself, knowing its the exact same game.

Gave you alot of "thanks" in here, as I completely agree.
Gonna stop now and head to sleep though, but consider yourself shoulder-patted. :p

Do you have ANY respect at all for Classic gaming? Or are you one of those "Call of Duty is 1000000000x better than Pac-Man because it's newer" types?

We're not talking about Call of Duty. We're talking about making an old game accessible to a larger audience.

We're not talking about Call of Duty. We're talking about making an old game accessible to a larger audience.
And we need that audience to be exposed to a version of this classic game that is as faithful to the original as possible. It's the only way to preserve the legacy of this game.

And we need that audience to be exposed to a version of this classic game that is as faithful to the original as possible. It's the only way to preserve the legacy of this game.

Dude, its a video game. Not some dusty, old tome. You won't get anyone willing to play games that look like crap when they have other games looking 1000 times better. In the RPG department, I bet more people want to play Dragon Age Inquisition then a FF7 port. If FF7 had upgraded visuals, it would draw in more attention and a larger crowd.

Dude, its a video game. Not some dusty old tome. You won't get anyone willing to play games that look like crap when they have other games looking 1000 times better. In the RPG department, I bet more people want to play Dragon Age Inquisition then a FF7 port. If FF7 had upgraded visuals, it would draw in more attention and a larger crowd.

Graphics take a back seat to gameplay. It's high time future generations learn this lesson. Would you replace guns with Walkie Talkies in Saving Private Ryan simply because "it keeps up with the times"?

Future generations don't give a sh*t about playing old and dated games, I'll tell you that now and end it at that.

Actually, Trash has a point. I do think the video game industry is utterly wasteful in the sense that most titles, including classics, get discarded as the technology moves on. My old consoles are not going to last forever and it's only going to get harder with time to find a replacement. I wish more publishers will make their older titles available for future generations. Personally, I like playing games in the original form first. When playing older PC games, and I only install mods/patches to make it playable on a higher resolution (when parts of the screen are cut off) and maybe fix a few nasty bugs. Otherwise, I like to play the games as intended by the developers.

Future generations don't give a sh*t about playing old and dated games, I'll tell you that now and end it at that.

The PS Store and the 3DS have older-generation titles on sale, although the selection is quite limited. Then you have digital distributors like GOG on the PC side. The interest is there.

Last edited:
Square enix need to focus on final fantasy 15 and kindom hearts 3. People need to let go of ff7 and realize the old squaresoft is gone. This is nothing more than a shamless cash in. Let it go. Square needs to prove they can make good jrpgs again before even thinking of remaking anything.