Kabal and cage pressure bullsh1t

rocky

BANALITY
when playing against good cage and kabal players they keep doing this constant pressure trap thing thats hard to get out of..

does anyone have any tips to get out of this its so frustrating and cheap, sometimes i can do low kicks or uppercuts to break it up but you need to time them at exactly the right moment or your screwed. or im forced to try and stay at the opposite side of the screen and spam projectiles, which i hate.

i cant find any videos or blogs online about this. i think its bullsh1t and needs patched or something. i hope theirs nothing like this in MKX

when playing against good cage and kabal players they keep doing this constant pressure trap thing thats hard to get out of..

"constant pressure trap thing".... No offence but you need to clarify what you are referring to or at least be a little more descriptive than that, coz at the moment it just seems like you just aren't as good as those players and that's all there is to it.

Edit* it just sounds like they are people who like playing a strictly in your face, relentless offensive style (my favourite way)... try setting up traps of your own, sub zero Ice clones will make anyone back peddle and think before continuously lunging forward.

I know wxactky what ur talking about, idk how they play like that. It's like constant attacks and you can't do anything. Cage is the worse!!. But a good Kabal that knows now to spam his projectiles barely jumping off the ground AND having those pressure skills.... Yea you def won't win. I hope that isn't in MKX as well, I want a more fair MK this time. And hopefully every special move can be punished when blocked

MK9 Kabal is one of, if not, the most execution demanding character in the game. When's he's bulldogging you with pressure, it's because he's damned good. One screwed up Nomad Dash Cancel and you get a full combo punish.

MK9 Kabal is one of, if not, the most execution demanding character in the game. When's he's bulldogging you with pressure, it's because he's damned good. One screwed up Nomad Dash Cancel and you get a full combo punish.

Exactly! High risk, high reward.. timing is everything.

First off, I main with Kabal so I wouldn't want him to nerfed. Why repeat what happened to Kano? That wasn't fair to the Kano fans either (even though I can still rock with him).

I've been severely punished by good players that countered a poorly timed dash so I rarely dash full screen unless my opponent is im the process of approaching. I save the dash for my combo strings.

I would reccomend Noob Saibot or Cage if you're good with theM. Good Cage and Noob players have humiliated my Kabal before.

I actually just played last night with cage and kabal and put the pressure on last night. Are you getting caught with the crossups?

"constant pressure trap thing".... No offence but you need to clarify what you are referring to or at least be a little more descriptive than that, coz at the moment it just seems like you just aren't as good as those players and that's all there is to it.

Edit* it just sounds like they are people who like playing a strictly in your face, relentless offensive style (my favourite way)... try setting up traps of your own, sub zero Ice clones will make anyone back peddle and think before continuously lunging forward.

ahh i see, so to beat cheap i need to be super cheap and lower myself to using sub zero ice clone :/ sounds so much fun.
if being a good player means exploiting weaknesses in the game then yeah they must just be really great players.

my bad

ahh i see, so to beat cheap i need to be super cheap and lower myself to using sub zero ice clone :/ sounds so much fun.
if being a good player means exploiting weaknesses in the game then yeah they must just be really great players.

my bad

You are being EXTREMELY IGNORANT.

don't come in here with your salt.

What he told you about Subzero's ice clone only keeps them from starting pressure. Using Ice clone mid-pressure is actually a HORRIBLE idea.

You should first start off by stating what character you are using before you demand help.

Also it isn't exploiting the weaknesses of the game.

You are a bad player, you got caught slipping on your spacing/footsies game and let them get in. Once in, that's THEIR strength. You are not playing to their weakness like you should be doing and your strengths. You are allowing them to dictate the pace of the game and get in on you, and put you on the defensive.

The best way to help you is for you to show a video of your gameplay.

Didn't you say that you resorted to spamming projectiles from a distance -_-
Mixing up some sub zero Ice clones with your gameplay isn't cheap brosef it's called being tactical, nobody recommended you spam anything.
If your having trouble with rush down type offensive players then you need to ADAPT, set up traps in your gameplay.
It's all about timing, you can wasteland the best Kabal players flawless victory if your timing is correct.

If being a good player means exploiting the opponents weaknesses in the game then yeah they must just be really great players.
Had to fix that for you :)

Also it isn't exploiting the weaknesses of the game.

You are a bad player, you got caught slipping on your spacing/footsies game and let them get in. .

No im not a bad player, i can beat them by not letting them in using projectiles and right foot placement like you said... it just sucks that i have to reduce myself to playing that way to win because if they do get in theres no fair way out. it sucks more that players want to win this way just get in once then constant trap knowing fine well i cant get out. sorry but its cheap as Fu*k tactics.

i cant make videos but if you ever come across a video showing how to get out of cages bullsh!t up close spamming leg trap crap you let me know

No im not a bad player, i can beat them by not letting them in using projectiles and right foot placement like you said... it just sucks that i have to reduce myself to playing that way to win because if they do get in theres no fair way out. it sucks more that players want to win this way just get in once then constant trap knowing fine well i cant get out. sorry but its cheap as Fu*k tactics.

i cant make videos but if you ever come across a video showing how to get out of cages bullsh!t up close spamming leg trap crap you let me know

Once they get in there are ways out, it's not cheap. He makes plenty of openings, you are just bad. IF you weren't bad, you'd already know how to get out of the pressure. It's not EASY to get out. Their weakness is the mid-range or longer. They are weak when they are on the defensive themselves. Their only strength and staying glued on you when they get in. But you can even negate that with a properly timed D1 or D3.

They HAVE to make an opening at some point there is no such thing as unstoppable pressure in MK9. You are just incapable of seeing the openings.

My real life friend uses Cage, and he's really good at the upclose pressure. But I get out all the time. I can even rush him down upclose with noob saibot and noob isn't ment to rush down. It's called pressure, and you're indirectly insulting people who train hard to execute their pressure well, by saying it's cheap and unstoppable when it's in fact not cheap and full of openings.

I use kenshi which is a pretty slow fighter. When cage is constant pressure im pretty screwed. I try an enhanced special to create space and try to zone from there against cage. As far as kabal if ur good wit kabal than good shit I respect that

Dude, you have to change your mindset. Cage's pressure isn't cheap at all. It's very strong because it's literally the ONLY thing he has. If you nerf his pressure, he'll be bottom tier. You just have to learn which strings are escapable.

If you don't like throwing projectiles, don't play with a zoner. If you like fighting up close, pick a rush down character. It's that simple.