Overwatch

No, it doesn't. Does that make it a worse game?

Of course not. But I'm going to be honest with you. I'm hooked on Overwatch. So I'm most likely going to tell you to try it and hope you like it. It's really your decision to like it or not. There's a lot of videos showcasing all of the characters and levels, as well as additional content to show you and for those who haven't gotten a beta invite.

So, probably asking me won't be a good idea since I'll most likely direct you towards Overwatch than Battleborn. It's really what you think is the better game.

I'm sure many people already heard about the chaotic pose that started one hell of a discussion on Blizzard forums, but in case some of you weren't aware, I'll fill you in.

So, a couple days ago, some person (who many thought was a woman at first, turns out to be a man) found Tracer's "Over the Shoulder" pose to be... wait for it... OFFENSIVE. Making the statement that it "doesn't fit her character" and that it "looks too out of place for who she really is".

But, after reading more and more into his post, you later realize that the guy is basically saying he doesn't like that Tracer is wearing skin tight pants because it's showing her rear end more than anything else.

This is the pose I am talking about:
tracer-victory-pose-2-over-the-shoulder.png

I am not going to go too into detail about my thoughts because I already did that here:

My Rant

But for those who don't feel like reading a lengthy blog post, I'll just shorten my answer.

I'm truly disappointed that they decided to take this pose out.

I'm still getting the game, I think it's fvcking stupid for those who are already announcing that they're "canceling" their pre-order (despite we all know how truthful that is), despite that I am unhappy with the decision of taking something that had hours of work go into it. Jeff Kapaln, one of the main guys who works on Overwatch, made a statement claiming that they were uncertain about keeping the pose in the game long before this problem came up. My issue with his statement is that they really didn't need to tie in that issue with this person's issue.

Another beef with the issue is the fact that they used their kid in with their complaint. I'm fairly certain that this person's kid is under the appropriate age to play this game (even though I know we live in a world where age hardly makes a difference). The guy sits here and says that he would like his child to grow up with the game. It's nice to know that kids want to grow up with killers.

That's all I have to say about it. I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal to complain, but it really bothers me that someone like this got what they want. It just reminds me too much of Mortal Kombat with all the complaints and changes that were made to it. Meh, that's my two cents. Comment if you want, there's like 54 days left before the game is released!

I'm not surprised by any of this. Concerns over sexualized female characters has been an issue for a long time, and the people who are against it are growing more vocal about it. It's gotten to the point that the devs are being restricted of their creative freedom because they are afraid of offending their audience. Tracer's is tame stuff, but it goes to show how easily offended some people can be.

During the Kickstarter campaign for Divinity: Original Sin the cover illustration had a female character wearing a midriff-baring oufit, and got changed because of complaints. The artist was disappointed by the decision to change it, but he wasn't the authority on that matter.

Back to Overwatch, I don't think the the pose itself is what is actually bothering the OP, but the skin-tight outfit conforming the shape of her butt. Removing the pose isn't going to change the underyling "problem" anyways. Also, I'll never understand why a butt is more offensive than gratuitous violence.

Last edited:
So I recorded a ton of overwatch gameplay and was wondering if I should do commentary on it or make it into a compilation

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So how much of the full game was in the Beta?
Is there no single player mode?
Is it always online?
Are there really only 3 match types?

What the last beta was will be all that's there for full release. They have been working on new stuff to add this summer. What that stuff is though has not been said. Hope you all saw the shorts and the comics that has been out though.