MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion

I'm thinking the MKX hype is at an all time low right now. The last reveal was two months ago, and that was Quan Chi..

Maybe the next reveal will be a really big one. Like the guest character or something.
They need to make this shitty wait worth it. Then they need to keep the hype up.
No more letting it get this bad..

I mean look at this place. All we've been able to talk about are those stupid IMDb things.

It does seem like they're being pretty stingy with the content right now.
I'm not even talking about reveals. Can a dude at least just get some screenshots? Maybe a wallpaper or two?

It does seem like they're being pretty stingy with the content right now.
I'm not even talking about reveals. Can a dude at least just get some screenshots? Maybe a wallpaper or two?

Agreed. This is kind of ridiculous. I don't feel like MK9 news was ever this dry. This is pretty dumb. I honestly am not even excited anymore. SOMETHING would be nice.

I remember MK9 was slow with news then pick up in 2011. I think early 2015, we will see more marketing soon. I remember the blu-ray of the 1995 MK movie give us some code for Jade's classic outfit. If they put Conquest on DVD then they could do something similar in order to have fans to buy the DVD. Shout! Factory told me on their Facebook wall about releasing Conquest on DVD and they said "That's something we might look into".

Last edited:
Man, if they never revealed anything, did something like Arkham Knight...

you know, reveal some gameplay, make mystery about this, about that...

We would die, certainly. I would.

Instead, they gave us something every month, showed us boots, stages, DLCs...

I WANT MY NOVEMBER NOW.

Man, if they never revealed anything, did something like Arkham Knight...

you know, reveal some gameplay, make mystery about this, about that...

We would die, certainly. I would.

Instead, they gave us something every month, showed us boots, stages, DLCs...

I WANT MY NOVEMBER NOW.

If you remember. We didn't see much for September either. Raiden in July. Kano in August. Quan Chi in October.

I have to agree. I was defending NRS because at first it seemed like we weren't going to get the kind of slow dribbling stream of info like we did with MK9 this time around.

And then we did.

I have such low hype for this game right now.

I remember MK9 was slow with news then pick up in 2011. I think early 2015, we will see more marketing soon. I remember the blu-ray of the 1995 MK movie give us some code for Jade's classic outfit. If they put Konquest on DVD then they could do something similar in order to have fans to buy the DVD. Shout! Factory told me on their Facebook wall about releasing Konquest on DVD and they said "That's something we might look into".

I still think they are going to let the comic do the talking as far as the story itself goes.We are going to be seeing characters in the story and we are going to wonder if they will be in MKX.Was MK conquest any good? I couldn't watch it years ago because it looked like it was so low budget.

"This is where you fall down"

I still think they are going to let the comic do the talking as far as the story itself goes.We are going to be seeing characters in the story and we are going to wonder if they will be in MKX.Was MK conquest any good? I couldn't watch it years ago because it looked like it was so low budget.

How could it be low budget, when it was being broadcast on the property of Ted Turner himself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Conquest is a guilty please for me. Yeah the show came off as bad fan fiction but I remember when the show was popular in the second grade back in 1998-199. People in my lunch table were like "Did you see the new episode with Sub-Zero?! It was awesome!". The show has nostalgia value to me.

To be honest with you, I had no idea that show was even on television. Then again, I didn't watch the Ted Turner channels at all during that time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I have to agree. I was defending NRS because at first it seemed like we weren't going to get the kind of slow dribbling stream of info like we did with MK9 this time around.

And then we did.

I have such low hype for this game right now.

I started complaining about this some time ago, and lords all the hate I got for not being satisfied with NRS' marketing strategy for MKX. XD

They could put the Saturday Morning MK cartoon series on DVD to cash in on MKX as well. At least both that show and Conquest will have proper home video releases.

See when I was watching it..I wanted to take it seriously...I was young and I didn't understand the storyline back the. I guess.

I remember MK9 was slow with news then pick up in 2011. I think early 2015, we will see more marketing soon..

The marketing team for NRS needs to be fired... Why on earth would they not start promoting as its nearing December... The Christmas market is huge, and I am sure they would get plenty of pre-orders if they showed some Goro teasers or videos or at the very least showed some kind of reveal. Even Ed Boons twitter account has been inactive for 2 days, and generally slow before then