MORTAL KOMBAT X general discussion

I do agree that I would like more costumes in MKX that are for "non-ninja" characters, but I don't think I agree with having THAT many per character.

It kinda sucks that Batman and Superman got all the costumes in Injustice and there were barely any for the rest of the roster.
The same happened with MK9.
All the male and female ninjas got costumes, but klassic costumes like these couldn't have been done????

Never seen those, really cool. Especially MK3 Shang Tsung and Sonya.

I want NRS to pull a Tekken and tell it's nostalgia blinded fans to suck ass.
People always demanding classic costumes for every god damned game. I honestly don't see the appeal of those lame ass, Power Ranger jobber clothes.

It really puts a vice on their creativity. Every time they try to do something different, fans bich and cry about it. Deception Sub-Zero had great costumes, but because he wasn't dressed like a Scuba diver people hated them. It's like you people just want to buy MK3 over and over again.

I want NRS to pull a Tekken and tell it's nostalgia blinded fans to suck ass.
People always demanding classic costumes for every god damned game. I honestly don't see the appeal of those lame ass, Power Ranger jobber clothes.

It really puts a vice on their creativity. Every time they try to do something different, fans bich and cry about it. Deception Sub-Zero had great costumes, but because he wasn't dressed like a Scuba diver people hated them. It's like you people just want to buy MK3 over and over again.

Dude why are you ranting? All I said was it would be cool to see some classic costumes. I thought Sub-Zero's Deception costume is one of his sweetest costumes. Calm down before you have a heart attack. Lol.

I think the old-school costumes in MK9 were a nice touch and really made things come full circle in terms of it being a fan service game. In this regard MK9 has it all.

As for MKX? I don't want any of that. At all. Let MKX be its own thing. Nostalgia free. Variations make up for it (IMHO) and I'm sure after the game's released someone will come up with a way to import and create such costumes and perhaps even create additional variations. After all, that's what the PC version is ultimately for. Hacking and slashing.

I don't care what any of you say. I still want a MK4 Scorpion costume.

Speaking of that, does anybody remember Scorpion's alternate costume in that game?
What the hell was up with that? It looked like a rejected design for "Skully".

Yeah, I do. I was surprised Scorpion had so many costumes. The grey outfit surprised me even more than Reptiles alt - which was very good and probably my favorite right after his MK2.

Wow. So much anger over 1 post. :laugh:

Anyways, what I meant was that more MK characters should get costumes (they don't necessarily have to be Klassic, per se), but I'm tired of only the "ninjas" or Batman or Superman getting all the costumes, while the rest of the roster gets screwed over in that department.
MK9 was the nostalgia (MK1 thru UMK3, version 2.0) game, which is why I specifically mentioned that "non-ninja" klassics for that game would have been nice.
As for MKX, though, it would suck ass if only Scorpion and Sub-Zero got costumes while the rest of the "non-ninja" cast got screwed over.
That's my point.

My favorite costume was Kitana's purple outfit. I hope it makes some sort of a comeback, but in black with blue and silver accents.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]:

True. Havik's alt costume could be Noob Saibot :laugh:

Seriously though, I agree. I wouldn't mind if I (Sub-Zero) wouldn't get anything this time - as long as they fix that light blue mask.

It would be nice. Hell poor old Kenshi only got one costume (except for the Vita version). They don't have to be classic as we've had that game.

[MENTION=17921]Mr. Ice[/MENTION] Yeah, the grey just makes it seem like a whole new character.

And Reptile's mk4 designs are by far some of my favorites. His original mk4 costume is just so unique.
He looks intelligent, yet creepy.

I don't know how to explain it...His mk9 design makes him look dumb. Like legitimately un-smart.
I think the reason he never talked in MK9 was because it wouldn't have worked. Could you imagine that stupid looking Reptile trying to carry on a conversation? I can't...But I could see MK4 Reptile actually talking. Hell, he DID talk in his ending. He was a straight up badass in that game. Demanding that Shinnok bring back his race.

I want that Reptile back.
And I want the purple pants.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]:

True. Havik's alt costume could be Noob Saibot :laugh:

Seriously though, I agree. I wouldn't mind if I (Sub-Zero) wouldn't get anything this time - as long as they fix that light blue mask.

I would laugh if that actually happened, given that Havik originally was meant to be Noob Saibot's costume. LOL.

It would be nice. Hell poor old Kenshi only got one costume (except for the Vita version). They don't have to be classic as we've had that game.

Exactly my point.
None of the DLC characters had a 2nd costume for beating MK9 Ladder Mode on consoles, and they were only available on the Vita.
I would have loved to have seen ANY alternate costume for Rain, as he's 1 of my MK9 mains, given that I hate his default costume.
Doesn't need to be "ninja," per se, but any alt costume would have been nice for him on consoles.

Variations make up for alt. costumes? The slightest change in the costume makes up for a hole different look? What is wrong with you?

Who says that all characters will have a slight look in each variation?
How do you know that we won't get year 5, year 15 and year 25 Sonya and Johnny?
There could be some pretty drastic changes in age and appearance, if that's the case.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]: LOL yeah. I know Ed is a troll supreme, but this? This would turn him into a god. Like... I just can't wrap my head around how hilarious it would be. It makes me giggle even right now. But I'm not sure everyone would get it.

BTW - Add me on PS3. I wanna finish you xD

[MENTION=18204]Rolling_Toaster[/MENTION]: Hm, nothing? Don't get me wrong. Alternative costumes are cool and were great. But this time they have a chance to finally do something different and new. Sure, the variations look similar, but that's about it. A different skin has no added value. It's just a look - which someone likes and someone doesn't. A variation is a game changer and the variations should make sense and have some continuity. The changes are subtle, but so what? At first I didn't like it either, but I think it's like that for a reason. Personally, I find an aged Johnny more interesting than a Johnny in a tuxedo.