Scorpion Character Progression/Direction

I'd like to see Scorpion finally get redeemed, it seems his always seeking revenge for Sub-Zero and now Quan Chi. It's been played out way too many times before tbh.

I love Scorpion in the comic. He was helping Raiden and kind of felt like a rebel good guy, that would only help if he saw the point. I also liked how he took Takeda under his wing, but retained his harsh attitude. I could be off, that's just the vibe I got from the comic.

Screw the rivalry. $h!t's boring, son. There's only so many times that you can do the angry, vengeful spirit bit without it being like..."F***, dude, OK...we got it, you're pissed!"

That well's been dry for awhile.

Here's a question:

Does Scorpion actually have a [human] face under the mask?

We've all seen the "toasty" skull; in the MKX comic, Hanzo has managed to break the curse and we see him sporting a beard (a'la Ezio Auditore in Assassin's Creed Revelations).

Can Scorpion actually go "Civilian" and change his appearance so that he can look like like a normal human or is he stuck in the gold and black uniform?

Here's a question:

Does Scorpion actually have a [human] face under the mask?

We've all seen the "toasty" skull; in the MKX comic, Hanzo has managed to break the curse and we see him sporting a beard (a'la Ezio Auditore in Assassin's Creed Revelations).

Can Scorpion actually go "Civilian" and change his appearance so that he can look like like a normal human or is he stuck in the gold and black uniform?

e463f4393e5a2b5682811ca33a23814d.png

So... yes?

Isn't this Scorpion change as "blasphemous" as Cyber Sub-Zero? To me this is weird at the moment. If this is because he is "redeemed", then it could have happened during the original timeline already in MKD or something...

Isn't this Scorpion change as "blasphemous" as Cyber Sub-Zero? To me this is weird at the moment. If this is because he is "redeemed", then it could have happened during the original timeline already in MKD or something...

It's not blasphemous at all, because Cyber Sub-Zero happened just for shits and giggles. It wasn't an interesting new direction to take Kuai Liang, it was just a random thing that happened to him, that ended up not affecting him whatsoever (as soon as Jax rewired him). Kuai Liang = the exact same character as playable Cyber Sub-Zero, so what's even the point?

Meanwhile, Scorpion has actually gotten over his quest for revenge. He has grown as a character. His human appearance is an effective visual indication of his character development - his new ability to pursue other human wants and experience other human emotions that he couldn't before.

That's what Scorpion fans want to see.

He never redeemed himself during MK:D times. He was so pissed off he joined Darkness just to be closer to Quan Chi, that's certainly not redemption.

One thing I find almost funny is how in the MK X comics, all of his foes thus far have been trying to goad him into giving in to the hellfire and becoming Scorpion again, only to get pwned.
Few people realize just how skilled a fighter Hanzo really is - they think that by being "neutered" he'll be easy to defeat. Instead, we see him using his brains just as much as his fists e.g., he and Takeda allowing themselves "prep time" rather than going into a fight guns blazing.

(Anyone else feel that Hanzo and Takeda are becoming like the MK equivalent of Batman and Robin?)

Scorpion has wished for one other thing outside revenge on the killer(s) of his clan and family, and to see his family and clan once more. Despite his kombat skills growing in power in the Netherrealm, he has never wished to remain there, yet alone rule it.
Now at peace having destroyed Quan Chi, his next steps will be along the lines of the other two goals. But how long will that truly take?
Yes, at long last one goal has been achieved. So a less psychotic, hell-driven spectre should and I think will occur.
So have his other goals; having forgotten about his MKX ending, that I think will be canon and progress into the next game.

Last edited: