Scorpion Character Progression/Direction

Reptil3

So basically seeing that there is a large majority of folks who are just plain tried of the continuation of the rivalry between Scorpion vs Sub zero bros i thought i'd make this thread.

Scorpion has only had one goal in mind and that was to kill Bi-Han, NRS then extended this rivalry with the inclusion of Liang looking for revenge etc.
I'm sure i don't need to get into detail of the history between these 3 characters. If you don't know then you need some catching up to do....

Most people want Scorpion to have more interaction with other characters, one thing i'm very excited to see is if there is more to the dialogue between himself and Raiden.
Could his new goal be the restoration of the Shirai Ryu?

So tell me what direction would you like the character to take in MKX/future games?

I want him to be good, and ally with Sub-Zero, after finding out the truth about Quan Chi, the he and Subz can try to restore the Shirai Ryu.

I rather scorpion do it himself some how, since he was the one being manipulated by Quan Chi even pre MK1.

Liang can find out the details later perhaps through Raiden or another ally. (Not personally) ultimately he forgives Scorpion for his actions and focuses on hunting down/restoring his brother who is now Noob...

(^depending on which sub zero is in MKX)

Scorpion hasn't changed much from his MK1-MK3 days, and that's a good thing. He's still all "GRRR! Kill this person! Throw a spear at that person!" but he's still as popular as ever. He hasn't changed in a while, and I don't see NRS changing major aspects of him anytime soon.

That's true in a sense... don't fix what isn't broken.
But still, a side feud would be kinda nice to have lol

In the original timeline, he move on from fighting Sub-Zero after MK4 since he wanted to kill Quan Chi in MKDA and wanted to fight Onaga in MKD in hope that the Elder Gods will bring back his clan. I think Scorpion will find out the truth in MKX and will team up with Sub-Zero to kill Quan Chi.

In the original timeline, he move on from fighting Sub-Zero after MK4 since he wanted to kill Quan Chi in MKDA and wanted to fight Onaga in MKD in hope that the Elder Gods will bring back his clan. I think Scorpion will find out the truth in MKX and will team up with Sub-Zero to kill Quan Chi.

I hope so. This guy deserves peace, though killing Quan Chi will bring him none...still, if there is no other way, I want that a-hole killed...

...unless Scorpion transcends into a notion of justice that would elevate the character in an unimaginable way, and who knows if Sub-Zero does not does the same and both join to avenge those who suffer (kinda MK9 ending).

That would be awesome.

I really don't care where they take his character as long as they finally move him away from that rivalry.

MKX really is a good time to move the character forward, given the whole 25 year time span thing. You gotta think that Scorpion will be able to finally work through all that aggression, lol.

Scorpion has the main mascot of the franchise for years, but he is never the main character. Maybe they can have Scorpion be the main hero of the game.

First things first Id like to see Scorpion kill Quan Chi!!! After that I think it would be cool if he actually becomes the ruler of the NR. (if Shinnok dies) That or Scorpion and Raiden working together to bring his clan back, but after seeing the events that took place in MK9 that idea may not happen. Who knows

I would actually be interested in a prequel game a'la MK Mythologies: SZ that focused on the things Scorpion did BEFORE he became a Netherealm spectre.

Do you think we'll ever see him be reunited with his wife and son?

I would actually be interested in a prequel game a'la MK Mythologies: SZ that focused on the things Scorpion did BEFORE he became a Netherealm spectre.
I think it might be a fairly long time till we get another prequel game but you never know, it may happen.

I think some where down the line this will happen.
How exactly? No idea.. but unless they are resurrected... he would at least need to be purified and accept death. (which i don't see happening because scorpion is a fan fave that nobody wants to say goodbye to.)

The most likely scenario would be that he reunites with his wife and son in a non canon arcade ending some where down the line.

I actually like this idea a lot. Very God of War like which is a good thing. I think in mkx, scorpion will finally start going after quan chi again and hopefully we'll actually see pay off where he kills him. He is an angry character though and the next step after should be finding his place and purpose. Maybe a war over nether realm between him, noob and Shinnok.

I would like to see Scorpion progress more into a Good guy status, he is not exactly evil. He's always been Neutral character just under control of a mad man. I don't exactly see or want Scorpion as the Main Hero but more of what Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) was. A distant hero who assist the hero's when needed.

Is he the true Champion of the Elder Gods? Hmmmmm!!!

In the original timeline,Scorpion became the elder gods champion.So lets guess that now its the opposite and he is fighting against their will.Going by the character dialogue that we have so far,Raiden also seems to be giving them the middle finger.So they can ally at some point.

On the other side,Sub Zero seems to be the elder gods guy now,and Liu Kang will be turned into a fire god by them,so of course he will have to fight for them.Voila,you got a ''Scorpion and Raiden X Sub Zero and Liu Kang'' scenario.

Should Scorpion restore his clan, we'd see where the story left in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. The Shirai Ryu members could be fully revitalized this time however.

Forrest Fox seems like an interesting addition, though I'm iffy in terms of how much thought the makers have actually put into him.

Sadly Scorpion had little story progression in past games, either manipulated by other characters or blinded by own rage. We can only hope that Sub-Zero will cool Scorpion's head in storymode first.

Sadly Scorpion had little story progression in past games, either manipulated by other characters or blinded by own rage. We can only hope that Sub-Zero will cool Scorpion's head in storymode first.

That may be part of why he's got a lot of fans. It's relatively easy to get to know what Scorpion's story is all about.