Will Quan Chi be a Boss?

Shinnok got upstaged by Quan Chi as the series progressed, especially with the partially-canon MK4 ending of the latter. If the amulet Shinnok received from Quan Chi hadn't been counterfeit, Shinnok would've had more opportunities to shine. Those opportunities instead went to Quan Chi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Quan Chi's plan seems to be something developed in thousands and thousands of years. That's how he double crossed Shinnok.

Besides, Shinnok is arrogant. He thinks as an Elder God. IMO, he shows half trust on Quan Chi and half arrogance, thinking a creature like the oni would never get powerful enough to overthrow him.

I can't see Quan Chi not having a big role now. In the past, he had Scorpion and The Amulet. The he had the mummified army of the Dragon King.

Now, he has Scorpion, at the least for a while, The Amulet, revenant of the best warriors of Earth and Outworld (considering Edenia was not emancipated), and we don't know if any Dragon King's army will be introduced, and far from that, we don't know what is THAT THING ON HIS CHEST.

The sorcerer is way more dangerous this time. Quan Chi seems to leave the "advisor" role to a general, and this before any ancient ruins discovery. A boss...well, bosses we face as the last one. If he will be one to beat as a boss, I don't know, but he is rocking even before the game.

Just thought of something. According to the cut scenes in MK Mythologies,MKM takes place a few months or a short while before MK1. So that means in MK2011, MKM also starts off a few months before MK2011. I love the cutscene where Bi Han asks about Shao Kahn, and Quan Chi goes, "Shao Kahn is nothing, Shinnok is the destroyer of all realms, including Kahn's Outworld. If Shao Kahn were still around and Shinnok started the invasion during Kahn's invasion then would Kahn and Raiden have to form a temporary alliance lest Shinnok destroy Earth and Outworld at the same time...

EDIT:

Now, he has Scorpion, at the least for a while, The Amulet, revenant of the best warriors of Earth and Outworld (considering Edenia was not emancipated), and we don't know if any Dragon King's army will be introduced, and far from that, we don't know what is THAT THING ON HIS CHEST.

We do know that the Damashi/Shujinko thing has already been set in motion well before the events of MK...

Just thought of something. According to the cut scenes in MK Mythologies,MKM takes place a few months or a short while before MK1. So that means in MK2011, MKM also starts off a few months before MK2011.

Uh oh... You did it Bro. Here comes the flood of posts saying "you don't know that, MK 2011 could be in a parallel universe, alternate reality where those events never happened".

Lol.

Actually, Scorpion's dialogue in the official MK1 comic suggests that Mythologies took place two years before MK1.

Just thought of something. According to the cut scenes in MK Mythologies,MKM takes place a few months or a short while before MK1. So that means in MK2011, MKM also starts off a few months before MK2011. I love the cutscene where Bi Han asks about Shao Kahn, and Quan Chi goes, "Shao Kahn is nothing, Shinnok is the destroyer of all realms, including Kahn's Outworld. If Shao Kahn were still around and Shinnok started the invasion during Kahn's invasion then would Kahn and Raiden have to form a temporary alliance lest Shinnok destroy Earth and Outworld at the same time...

EDIT:

We do know that the Damashi/Shujinko thing has already been set in motion well before the events of MK...

Yeah! We do know! And I hope it comes back! ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to it. He should've been the boss in MK4 instead of Shinnok, he sucked. Hell, Quan Chi was even the one on the side of the arcade cabinet!

Either way, I'm just glad he's become a mainstay since MK4, awesome character.

I think it will be awesome if Quan Chi betrays (as always) Shinnok and becomes the boss.

Sent from my S3PRO using Tapatalk

I can see Quch Chi being in MK9 Shang Tsung's role - hosting the initial tournament, and looks like a threat, but then something will happen and the real boss will step in, maybe Raiden will see couple of other visions, goes crazy again and trying to kill the whole roster.
Kotal Khan can fit the boss role as well, but i don't want him to appear and be killed in the very same game.

Yeah, but he is a new character and it'll be stupid if he just enters the game and gets killed in the first 2 minutes..

Doesn't every boss "die" at the end of each game? Not trying to be a dick, legit question because I don't know. I always assumed they did and then were brought back by silly ways in future games.

New boss is a returning character. Could it be any of the following:

Argus
Dahlia
Taven
Blaze
Onaga
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Motaro

Actually, Scorpion's dialogue in the official MK1 comic suggests that Mythologies took place two years before MK1.

But once Noob Saibot beats Shinnok/Quan Chi and returns immediately to the Lin Kuei from the Ntherrealm, the grandmaster tells him to join Mortal Kombat while Shang Tsung is present...

New boss is a returning character. Could it be any of the following:

Argus
Dahlia
Taven
Blaze
Onaga
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Motaro

Motaro was killed in MK9 by Raiden.

I think that Onaga has a chance. It will also be very interesting if Liu Kang is the boss.