Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Kitty_55

I am a huge Borderlands fan, been so since the first and hope they continue on making these awesome games. I thought I'd make a thread about this game since I didn't see anyone make one (and if it's somewhere on other pages, whoops!)

So far, I just started playing it. I got it for free on my boyfriend's computer that he built not too long ago. (The place that he got all of his parts somehow managed to give him a free copy of this game? I don't remember how that worked) It's actually my first time playing a first-person-shooter on a computer. I'm getting the hang of it since I normally play it on Playstation, but hey.

I got Nisha up to level 8 right now and I'm liking her character a lot, especially her special. And I guess according to a recent article I read, you must have a badass rank of 2500 in order to release that legendary gun that people were talking about how they couldn't get it.

So, if anyone has played it so far, what are your takes on it? Do you like this game?

I was a big fan of the first game, and I loved 2 my first time playing it. But the more I played it, the more I hated it.

I love the gameplay of Borderlands, but unfortunately it's the only positive thing I find about it. I personally think the game is ugly, the characters are all lifeless, the main characters contribute nothing to the story, at no point are you even acknowledged by name and the humor is GOD AWFUL.

Athena really makes me want to buy the game, just because I love Amazon type characters, but I still think I'm going to pass.

I liked the first two games. However, I do have similar gripes as bbblp. The characters only serve as drones who shoot guns in different ways. They don't interact with the NPCs or each other. Sure, they gave them more personality in B2, but then you just play as different characters with the same problem. I know there are audio files of the main characters, but that is a lazy excuse for not improving from the first game.

The humor was okay. I chuckled a few times, but most of the humor was immature.

Personally, I could not stand a second playthrough of either of these games. I just don't have the drive to trudge through the exact same thing where nothing changes except the difficulty. And sometimes you really need people to help you, especially in the second go. Being a single player guy, I didn't like this.

Borderlands at first was fun, when it was new.
Then they kept doing the same thing again.
and again.
and again.
And now even thinking about playing that series is awful.

Yeah, I do have problems with the series myself, mainly what has been already stated so I don't think I need to repeat.

I do appreciate the kind of games where you need to collect books and such to get more of a grasp of the entire story, but it would be nice to see something entirely new with this series.

I guess maybe that's where Tales from the Vault might come in handy?

But I will agree with how at times you're needing a partner to play some of the missions. I'm not sure if I just suck at playing a shooter on the computer, but I feel like the enemies in this game have gotten incredibly stronger. One hit from a laser and I'm already down. They're the same level as me, may I add, and I have two epics equipped where they do insane damage. I'm also aiming straight at them and the bullets do nothing, like the fly past them. I don't know what's wrong but I'm finding myself getting angry at this game when I really shouldn't.

I like the series minus the usual complaints, but I'm angry at it.

As much as I complain about BL2, I still did like 3 or 4 playthroughs on the same Zer0 file.
The gameplay is fast paced and addicting. I personally never had a problem with soloing the game. Not even on New Game+++. Except for the raid bosses of course, I had to use exploits on them :laugh:

I liked the first two games. However, I do have similar gripes as bbblp. The characters only serve as drones who shoot guns in different ways. They don't interact with the NPCs or each other. Sure, they gave them more personality in B2, but then you just play as different characters with the same problem. I know there are audio files of the main characters, but that is a lazy excuse for not improving from the first game.

From what I hear, the main characters have more of a presence in TPS. I believe Athena narrates the story, Nisha is Jack's GF, Wilhem is Jack's bodyguard and Claptrap is Claptrap. Also, one of the developers said the characters are now able to have conversations with each other and interact a lot more with NPCs during side quests.