Anyone going to the PlayStation Experience?

Kamal

Anyone able to go to this? PlayStation Experience

Sony has been pretty tight lipped about what will be at the event but in the above blog post it says "an exclusive first look at what’s coming next in 2015".

I'm posting this in the MKX Forum because history has shown that Sony and WB appear to have a relatively close relationship so I'm thinking MKX will be at the event in some form or another.

Again, just wondering if anyone is excited/going to this event?

It is probably just going to be a lot of game "journalists" and press at the event.

A couple quotes directly from the blog post:

"Here we go! I’m happy to announce our very first PlayStation Experience, a massive two-day community event dedicated to the people who bring PlayStation to life: you!".

"The venue is huge, too, so we’ll have plenty of room and plenty of games. Bring your friends and family".

The event is for players. There will clearly be press there to cover what games are shown but the event itself is for the players to meet developers and attend panels about the games coming out in 2015.

Given that they show off Kratos in December 2010 for MK9, I'm going to bet that we will see the PS3 and PS4 guest exclusive fighter in December. My money is on Sweet Tooth (He's a fan favorite from Ed Boon) or the main character template from Bloodborne as the Playstation guest fighter being announced at the PlayStation Experience.

Last edited:
Given that they show off Kratos in December 2010 for MK9, I'm going to bet that we will see the PS3 and PS4 guest exclusive fighter in December. My money is on Sweet Tooth (He's a fan favorite from Ed Boon) or the main character template from Bloodborne as the Playstation guest fighter being announced at the PlayStation Experience.

Yeah Sweet Tooth would be an awesome guest character in my opinion! But sometimes a guest character is added for some cross-promotion, so it might be more likely they go with the Bloodborne character or some other IP with a release date in 2015.

Also, here's an update from the PlayStation Blog. Tickets go on sale this Friday!

Guest fighters in fighting games most of the time are added to promote other games (For example Kratos in MK9 to promote God of War 3, and the Star Wars characters in Soul Caliber 4 to promote the Force Unleashed). Adding the main character template from Bloodborne would make the most sense to promote Bloodborne. People who play MKX could likely try out Bloodborne if they like the character.

I feel like history will repeat itself again. The Sony consoles will get a guest fighter and MS will likely never respond to getting a guest fighter to the Xbox consoles on time. NRS will end up doing a guest fighter from Warner Bros. as DLC on both consoles similar what they did with Freddy in MK9.

I would poop bricks if Bloodborn made it as the PS4 guest. I think Nathan Drake would be awesome, what with UC4 on the way.

Nathan Drake would never work given that Naughty Dog would never allow to see their character get killed and ripped apart. Maybe he can work as a guest for another fighting game, but not Mortal Kombat.

I knew it!! Mortal Kombat X confirmed to be playable at the PlayStation Experience!

PlayStation Experience: First Batch of Games and Developers Announced

Wish I had the extra money around the holidays to fly to Vegas and attend this. The newest build of MKX will probably be bad ass with I'm thinking two additional characters added in!!

I'll ask again, anyone going to this!?

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] don't you live near/in Vegas?

Great news. I do hope we will see the Sony console guest fighter at the PSE. If they do one for the Xbox consoles then maybe they will announced someone like Flugore at the VGX. So both fans can be happy.

Confirmed playable?

I could check it out. I do live pretty close to the Strip.

As we get closer to the date, we should compile some gameplay things for me to test. It's already been confirmed that projectiles do not trade. But I'm curious to see if you can use a combo breaker on projectiles. I know you couldn't in MK9, but you could in Injustice.

Confirmed playable?

Yup, yup, directly from the blog post:

We can also confirm you’ll be playing the following games before they’re released (though there will be plenty more on the way).
Battlefield: Hardline
Big Fest
Bloodborne
DC Universe Online — War of the Light Part II and Legends PvE Co-Op Missions
Destiny Expansion 1: The Dark Below
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dying Light
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series
Grim Fandango
Helldivers
Journey (PS4)
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Mortal Kombat X
PlanetSide 2
Tales from the Borderlands
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order: 1886
The Tomorrow Children
The Witness
The Unfinished Swan (PS4)
Until Dawn

As we get closer to the date, we should compile some gameplay things for me to test. It's already been confirmed that projectiles do not trade. But I'm curious to see if you can use a combo breaker on projectiles. I know you couldn't in MK9, but you could in Injustice.

Yeah for sure. Whatever you can think of just add'em to this thread!

I definitely want you to look into the fact that Sub-Zero's Enhanced ice ball can "eat" other projectiles.

I assume it means if Scorpion throws a fireball, the fireball will actually get taken out so it doesn't hit Sub while the ice ball continues forward and freezes Scorpion right? Just some more details would be nice, does it look cool, how late can you perform the move with a fireball coming at you, will it "eat" environmental projectiles (like the log on the ground in the Snow Forest)?? etc...

I'll try and think up some more stuff too. But it's also hard to know what to check when we don't know if there will be a new build there or not. I'm really hoping there will be a new build there with either a new stage or new character or something added in since the last build with Quan Chi.

Also for those interested here's a link to the official PlayStation Experience page.

Well what do you guys expect to see next week? My guess is either Sweet Tooth or the main character template from Bloodborne being the guest fighter or another MK only fighter being announced. After a whole month getting another new, I would imagine NRS will show off something big.

I'm having trouble with my ticket and it's REALLY pissing me off. I've contacted both the Venetian and Ticket Master via email and still haven't received a response.

I really hope somebody finally gets to ask how they come up with the fatalities. I mean do they have meetings?