Favourite Secret(s) of Mortal Kombat.

Aldo Moreno

One of my favourite secrets from Mortal Kombat has to be the Survial Mode in Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. It's amazing how long it took them to figure out this was in there, considering the game came out when the internet was being used a lot. I've done it a couple of times and never could beat the last level.

What are you favourite secrets?

Last edited:
When internet just started to make it into people's houses and I found out about this in Mortal Kombat 3 for SNES

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGS1Tb_Q31I/hqdefault.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes
I found those cheats in print. Nintendo Power magazine to be exact. I think it was the November 1995 issue, but I'm not entirely sure of that, but I do know that Cyrax was on the cover. I even taught those cheats to a couple of friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Never seen that. Looks awesome.

It were like the ULTIMATE secrets in MK3, UMK3 had similar cheats to them. I've tweeted Ed a long time ago hoping they will put something similar into MK X, its truly old school lol

Here's the MK3 SNES cheats that need to be activated @ the main menu, if done right you will hear Shao laugh or say something

Kool Stuff At the main menu press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, A, B, A.
Kooler Stuff At the main menu, press SELECT, A, B, Right, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up
Scott's Stuff At the main menu, press X, B, A, Y, Up, Left, Down, Right, Down
Sound Test At the main menu, press A, Y, B, X

I found those cheats in print. Nintendo Power magazine to be exact. I think it was the November 1995 issue, but I'm not entirely sure of that, but I do know that Cyrax was on the cover. I even taught those cheats to a couple of friends.

I think I remember issue of NP, good memories man! Also it was awesome if you pulled the 1 button fatality stage finisher on someone when there wasn't any, lets say in the bank, after this you could combo your opponent for like 1 minute haha

It were like the ULTIMATE secrets in MK3, UMK3 had similar cheats to them. I've tweeted Ed a long time ago hoping they will put something similar into MK X, its truly old school lol

Unfortunately, online gaming and the ethics that go with it have rendered cheat menus obsolete.

Liu Kang in MK Deception (if it wasn't leaked via internet that early), other than that, searching for loose ends in MK Deception Konquest. Some items and quests still weren't propery finished though.

Liu Kang in MK Deception (if it wasn't leaked via internet that early), other than that, searching for loose ends in MK Deception Konquest. Some items and quests still weren't propery finished though.

Imagine the possibilities if they'd remake the game now, with fully made quests. Given that the developers are under WB now.

Imagine the possibilities if they'd remake the game now, with fully made quests. Given that the developers are under WB now.

So far they didn't promise new Konquest mode. New modes announced were "replacement for Krypt", and "new online mode" in which, multiple people will be able to interact at same time. Online Konquest mode would be cool.

So far they didn't promise new Konquest mode. New modes announced were "replacement for Krypt", and "new online mode" in which, multiple people will be able to interact at same time. Online Konquest mode would be cool.

Yeah I don't think MKX will get the Konquest Mode, not even MKA's hybrid of MKD and MKSM.

Yes,on PS2. You can complete the game in multiple ways,resulting in different percentages over all secrets.