Countdown To Release!!!

What do you not like about Mortal Kombat X?

- I quite dislike how each Variation has a physical tell on the character, instead of just being shown as text either under your lifebar or above the X-ray bar, like the Fighting Styles in MKDA-MKA. The fact that there is some random item or some coloured glow being tacked onto the character annoys me greatly.

What character did you like, but started to dislike?

Probably Goro, Nightwolf, Kintaro, Sheeva, Baraka, Mileena, Shao Kahn.

What made you decide to join a fan forum for the series?

I was a member of the official Midway forums when they still existed, discussing MKvsDC and MK9, before they were shut down. It was a pretty good community and I enjoyed posting. I remember when we made a podcast together and we used to send the team questions. That was nice.

If there is to be another adventure game, what would you want it to be about?

I want Mythologies 2. I want it to be about Han, Lang and Saibot. To focus on the Brotherhood of Shadow and the Lin K. Give player control of Han, Lang, Saibot (finally) in three long chapters. Cameos by various characters. 2D gameplay. MKX graphics.

What game has the best soundtrack?

Pretty hard to answer. Hm. MK2/UMK3/Trilogy/MK4/Deception - one of those.

What do you not like about Mortal Kombat X?

Lack of female characters (so far). Lack of new characters (so far). Lack of returning stages (so far). Not knowing how the PS3 port will look. Quan-Chi's clothes glowing.

#15: Just wanted to be more in the loop about MKX

#16: Why not an adventure game that focuses on a villain? Maybe like a Quan Chi origin story or something like that.

#17: MK1. I loved the cheesy 70s kung fu movie-style soundtrack.

#18: MK has a bad habit with coming up with characters and then sort of giving up on them, and then coming up with NEW ones to replace the ones that they gave up on. So, while there are a lot of characters with really rich back stories and personalities and stuff, there are also a lot of them with half-assed back stories and one-dimensional personalities.

17) I undoubtedly forget what the soundtrack was, but it was one from MK:Deception. Otherwise, the street from MK3. That stage made me laugh everytime.

18) Lack of Reveal Info. This is the first MK game I've played where the reveals are slowed. I was hoping the un-reveals would have been happening a lot sooner and more frequently with the large list of MK Characters in the franchise.

#13 What has been the best thing you've seen so far with Mortal Kombat X?
The awesome fatalities, the select screen animations, and the dialogue.

#14 What character did you like, but started to dislike?
I liked Ferra and Torr, but then I payed more attention to their game-play and everything. I like the concept, but I just feel like they won't play that well. Also, their fatality is the least appealing so far because of the traditional split down the middle.

#15 What made you decide to join a fan forum for the series?
I wanted to see other people's speculation and speculate myself...Also, I don't know anyone who likes Mortal Kombat or I probably wouldn't be here.

#16 If there is to be another adventure game, what would you want it to be about?
I don't know

#17 What game has the best soundtrack?
Deception

#18 What do you not like about Mortal Kombat X?
-Some of the changes that come with a different variation.

-Cassie's still mega wide jaw (I'm okay with everything else they altered).

Last edited:
19. Absolutely! The MK9 artbook was the whole reason I got the KE over the TE in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Would you like to see an art book showcasing every piece of art from this series? (Most likely be titled "The Art of Mortal Kombat" or something)

- I don't care about stuff like that, which is also why I never buy collector editions of games. An online gallery would be just fine for me.

16 ) If there is to be another adventure game, what would you want it to be about?

17 ) What game has the best soundtrack?

18 ) What do you not like about Mortal Kombat X?

19 ) Would you like to see an art book showcasing every piece of art from this series? (Most likely be titled "The Art of Mortal Kombat" or something)

20 ) You can only pick ONE: Babalities, Friendships, or Brutalities?

16 ) If you would have asked me before MKX I would have said MK: Fire and Ice, but hopefully we'll get to see that in the MKX story mode, anyways.

17 ) Deception

18 ) Cassie's neck looked a little long, and both Sub-Zero and Raiden having 1 of their iconic moves being locked down and variation specific is horse shit.

19 ) If it came with the Kollector's Edition, maybe.

20 ) Friendships, although given the dark nature of MKX for MKX I would prefer Animalities (aka death by animal) involving the background animals.

19 - Well, they already had one for MK9 but yeah, I totally would.

20 - Brutalities (obviously, they must be new and improved like my extended X-ray can't concept)