Quan Chi Revealed

No, you´re wrong. In mk9 Quan chi´s costume had the amulet.

That might be because they used the model from MkvsDc.

mk-vs-dc-universe-quan-chi-artwork.jpg

Quan_Chi.png

OK... OK... First things first...

I totally dig Quan-Chi's new look. Actually, I... L O V E it! It's an amazing blend of new and old and is giving me a nostalgia overload feeling like playing MK4 and Mythologies all over again. I must admit, designs of all the characters so far have been great. Very detailed, very fresh, very interesting.

His select screen icon and animation is lovely.

His animations are sweet.

His voice (actor) seems to be the same as MK9, which again is... superb.

Now... very intriguing info... "He plays a major part in MKX's story." OK. We knew he would, but... this is still nice to hear. I wonder how big that part will be and what will come of it. I really wanna see it. I think there will be a strong connection between Quan Chi - Scorpion - SubZero - Raiden - Sareena - Shinnok - and possibly Kano by the looks of it.

His variations are interesting. Warlock probably the most. Summoner variation... is a cool twist.. showing us NRS are really trying to create something different this time.

His X-Ray is cool. Nice to see X-Rays aren't limited exactly to the floor and can take place anywhere on screen, same with Raiden's.

His fatality, from what we've seen, is hilariously evil. I like it.

I hope his second will involve a portal... where the character is guided into and falls into and then falls out from a portal at the top as a skeleton with Quan Chi laughing.

Can't wait to see his winning pose.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE... IS THE COLORFUL GLOW on him for the variations. I find it kind of annoying and disturbing.

Also that blade from the fatality... Am I the only one who sees Kratos's blade from MK9?

... I don't see Raiden wearing his amulet either.

Like it's not on him.

At all.

And I said before, it's a huge plot device.

Either they decided not to put it on the characters themselves (although I'm not thinking this), or the amulets suddenly have no purpose. Well, at least Raiden's amulet.

Stupid ass piece of crap.

Aw damn someone beat me to it. I noticed he didn't have the Amulet in any of his variations or on himself in general...Kinda raises some questions considering that piece of artifact wound up being pretty damn relevant in later stories!

He only had the amulet in MK9 because NRS was too lazy to make a new design for him and just reused his character model from MKvsDCU. At the end of MK9, Shinnok didn't notice the amulet on his belt. He would have said something about it if he had a fake amulet.

They were really too lazy to remove the amulet from the character model? I don't know about that, especially since he uses it in combat (X-ray). I'm gonna assume it was intentional until proven otherwise, which is a fat character inconsistency for Quan Chi and makes no sense that Shinnok and Raiden didn't say anything about it.

That was a pretty damn good trailer. I'm really liking the new costume, the shirtless one from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Mortal Kombat (2011) was getting a bit boring, but i'm loving the Mortal Kombat 4 like look. I'm liking everything from him, with the exception of the X-Ray, but it doesn't matter since i probably won't use him much, lol. Very nice moves and variations.

Could be possible that Quan Chi was simply borrowing Shinnok's amulet until he became free.
Shinnok might have the amulet on his costume.

Quan Chi looks awesome, and kinda heavy metal xD, but as it was said before, I don't like the differences between variations, especially the summoner variation, it looks like it's out of place the red colour. His fatality, as Quan Chi is well known, is sadistic as hell, I'm so anxious to see it full, and I wonder if it will make the ninjas' masks to fall of in order to see the fatality at its fullest.

I love how Quan Chi makes you kill yourself. the MK9 X-ray was one of my favorites just because of that, and now that he has a Fatality that is a kill yourself Fatality. my Main taut to people who i'm playing against at home or online will be ", Kill yo'self!" lol
Quan Chi sadly was never a character that i was able to master though, hopefully that changes in MKX.

Could be possible that Quan Chi was simply borrowing Shinnok's amulet until he became free.
Shinnok might have the amulet on his costume.

OK, that explains the Quan Chi and Shinnok bit, but not why Raiden wouldn't raise an eyebrow considering the medallion is supposed to be wherever it is at the end of Mythologies.

Because people first heard "25 Years" and immediately lost all control and panicked. At least most have actually kept up to date with news and know that it will span from MK9's End to 25 years later, but others are probably writing this game off in terms of story and aren't bothering to keep up to date with the news. It happens, logic is hard to come by sometimes.

The story didn't really bother me. It's the fact that my type of characters have not joined in yet. Cassie is good but I'm expecting A LOT BETTER. More females that are dressed up as "Edenians". And I want human looking characters and NOT weird creatures like D'vorah!

Where does this confusion come from?
Ed specifically Tweeted that MKX would continue from MK9 AND have an original story.

I remember for a while, people were confused if MKX was going to follow up the cliffhanger from MK9 or ditch it since Ed Boon never really brought up Shinnok's invasion story in any interviews. At least we know that Quan Chi will play a big role in the story now.

The story didn't really bother me. It's the fact that my type of characters have not joined in yet. Cassie is good but I'm expecting A LOT BETTER. More females that are dressed up as "Edenians". And I want human looking characters and NOT weird creatures like D'vorah!
The inclusion of the complete House Cage gives you plenty of human characters. Ninja, cyborg and Edenian fans are the ones who have a right to be wary.

I remember for a while, people were confused if MKX was going to follow up the cliffhanger from MK9 or ditch it since Ed Boon never really brought up Shinnok's invasion story in any interviews. At least we know that Quan Chi will play a big role in the story now.

"They didn't show/talk about it; it must not exist."

I swear, sometimes this fan base can be pretty obtuse.

The inclusion of the complete House Cage gives you plenty of human characters. Ninja, cyborg and Edenian fans are the ones who have a right to be wary.

"They didn't show/talk about it; it must not exist."

I swear, sometimes this fan base can be pretty obtuse.

I just want to play as an almost naked sexy woman who can get very sexually abusive! Who has more of an Asian or Latin look than a caucasian look. More related to me. ;)

Jade_xray1.png

But Cassie is ok too. lol

I could be wrong, but I don't think that reigning MK champions age.

Just checked the Wikia

The Grand Champion him/herself is granted stunted aging and immortality until the next tournament.

They could very well even go the Tekken route for character aging. Paul, Kazuya, Law are all 50 + but still look much younger.

They could very well even go the Tekken route for character aging. Paul, Kazuya, Law are all 50 + but still look much younger.

Actually FJ, those three are close to being 50ish, but technically: Both Law and Paul are 48, while Kazuya is a year older than both of them. Although you may be right on the still youthful look.

As for the Quan Chi reveal, I'm very impressed AND about damn time they changed his outfit. Looks a bit MK4ish, which should be appropriate,especially with a position as Shinnok's right hand sorcerer. His Warlock variation specials were insane as hell, mainly with his portals, sending his opponents all over the place. X-Ray was brutal and his fatality is cringe-worthy, although looking forward to the full version of it.

On the foot reveals:

#2 Might be a new kharacter
#3 Possibly be either Kai or Fujin (latter could be a possible for foot #6 as well)
#4 Mostly likely Skarlet. If not, then either new kharacter or Ashrah returning.
#5 Not sure