Quan Chi Revealed

I'm not thinking that Shinnok is the boss of this game. Heck, at times I don't think he'll even be in this game (though he'll be in the game just as a non-playable character.)

I'm not sure if I said it here, but I did say a while back that I was thinking that there's this giant plan Shinnok has and that it's going to take him literally this entire game to conduct it and such, since we have the whole 25 years thing. Quan Chi's time to shine and fall will be this game. He can get killed towards the end of this game and then we have Kotal to worry about.

When all the "bad" guys have fallen, it'll be Shinnok's turn to rise, once again coming out towards the end of the story.

Of course, majority of you will totally disagree with this and I'm fine with that. It's just, this guy is a fallen god, shouldn't he be more feared than anything else? I thought that his first and second appearances were crap. They made him a joke. Build him up to this awesome character and make him become feared. That's how I want to feel with this character. Because his debut in the fourth was lame, Armageddon wasn't any help... come on, I want them to do a great job with him.

I could be wrong and he can totally come into this game as a boss. That's fine with me. This is just an ongoing thought with me about Shinnok.

I'm with you all the way. I've said this before:

Shinnok should have a key role in the story and I'd like for NRS to finally do him justice. He's always been an underused and relatively-unknown, B-tier villain compared to Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Shao Kahn, and they need to address that. The guy survived Armageddon for Christ's sake, so more craftiness and ingenuity like that, please. Don't have him be a footnote to the actual story by rushing through his invasion in the first 5-year jump (as some have speculated); that's an ugly disservice. Make him a force to be reckoned with, make him as fearsome as Shao Kahn: except instead of brute force, he can utilizes schemes and a 25-year-long con.

Boss: Evil Liu Kang
Non Playable Sub Boss: Hopefully someone NEW
Mini Boss: Shinnok or Quan Chi
8 Regular Fights

Boss: Evil Liu Kang
Non Playable Sub Boss: Hopefully someone NEW
Mini Bosses 2: Shinnok AND Quan Chi (Endurance)
Mini Bosses 1: Kia, Jataaka, and Sareena (Endurance)
8 Regular Fights

Now it's fixed. That is how it should be.

Plus I'd want some secret boss fights too, hopefully including the woman in Jade's MK9 ending.

I much prefer his intro from MK9 over his MKX one. It just seems a little to OTT. I mean I get that they are trying to make him "EEEEVILL" but their overdoing it.

His fatality is really funny and brutal at the same time. Looking forward to seeing the full version in the near future.

I don't know about evil Liu on the ladder. He works as the boss of story mode, because defeating evil Liu seems more like something Raiden (and/or his allies) personally has to deal with. Contrarily, there's no stake in it for anyone else; better if they defeat someone who will grant them power to achieve something in their arcade ending. So I think Shinnok will be the arcade ladder boss, even if he isn't the final boss in story mode. Also, the 'surprising' final boss being in the ladder would spoil the story if you played the ladder. lol no. I think Liu will be an unlockable character for beating story mode, like MK9's Cyber Sub and Quan Chi, and he may be the final boss, but not for the ladder.

I'm not thinking that Shinnok is the boss of this game. Heck, at times I don't think he'll even be in this game (though he'll be in the game just as a non-playable character.)

I'm not sure if I said it here, but I did say a while back that I was thinking that there's this giant plan Shinnok has and that it's going to take him literally this entire game to conduct it and such, since we have the whole 25 years thing. Quan Chi's time to shine and fall will be this game. He can get killed towards the end of this game and then we have Kotal to worry about.

When all the "bad" guys have fallen, it'll be Shinnok's turn to rise, once again coming out towards the end of the story.

Of course, majority of you will totally disagree with this and I'm fine with that. It's just, this guy is a fallen god, shouldn't he be more feared than anything else? I thought that his first and second appearances were crap. They made him a joke. Build him up to this awesome character and make him become feared. That's how I want to feel with this character. Because his debut in the fourth was lame, Armageddon wasn't any help... come on, I want them to do a great job with him.

I could be wrong and he can totally come into this game as a boss. That's fine with me. This is just an ongoing thought with me about Shinnok.
I think the same. I don't see Shinnok making it as a boss into MKX, because you can't really say this will be surprise to anyone. And i can't see him being completely ignored. I think Quan Chi's mission this time around is to free Shinnok from Netherealm, while Raiden, who knows the previous future should try to stop him.
I'd totally fine with Shinnok bringing Armageddon/Judgment Day this time around instead of Blaze.

Anyone though about Quan Chi using his horse for the 2nd Fatality?? How cool would that be? :twisted:

Anyone though about Quan Chi using his horse for the 2nd Fatality?? How cool would that be? :twisted:

hmmmm i'm a bit on the fence with that i prefer he deals the final blow himself..... however we better see him riding that son of a b**ch in story mode.

I was also thinking that maybe his Summoner variation would allow him to summon other types of beasts - but probably not the horse, since it would be a bit much

funny no one has mentioned in the vid it was specifically said quanchi plays a major part in the sotry an his plans are fully realized building an army of fallen earth realm warriors...Translation the dead will stay dead...No one who died in mk9 will be playable...Why? Because they will not litter the roster with a bunch of undead mk9 cast controlled by quanchi...

Has anyone seen the Amulet on his costume yet?
Be pretty weird if he didn't have it

I don't see it on his costume either, and [MENTION=5069]Aldo Moreno[/MENTION] was the first to point it out to me.
Seems like with the timeline being skewed, that this alternate timeline may have prevented him from somehow attaining it.

Maybe the pre-MK1 Mythologies never happened in this timeline and Bi-Han never finds the Temple of the Elements, where the amulet was kept.
It's possible that without Sub-Zero defeating the four elemental god-guardians in the Temple of the Elements, that Sub-Zero likely never gets his hands on the amulet, and therefore doesn't give it to Quan Chi.
The butterfly effect.

I don't see it on his costume either, and [MENTION=5069]Aldo Moreno[/MENTION] was the first to point it out to me.
Seems like with the timeline being skewed, that this alternate timeline may have prevented him from somehow attaining it.

Maybe the pre-MK1 Mythologies never happened in this timeline and Bi-Han never finds the Temple of the Elements, where the amulet was kept.
It's possible that without Sub-Zero defeating the four elemental god-guardians in the Temple of the Elements, that Sub-Zero likely never gets his hands on the amulet, and therefore doesn't give it to Quan Chi.
The butterfly effect.

No, you´re wrong. In mk9 Quan chi´s costume had the amulet.

The butterfly effect.

No, you´re wrong. In mk9 Quan chi´s costume had the amulet.

IDK whom ever it is they have redesigning these characters needs to be their main character designer.