[Storyline Theories] Intros of MKX

Seriously, people rage too much on that subject.

Well, some people are Liu Kang fanatics, some people are Scorpion fanatics and some people are Sub-Zero fanatics.
Each MK kharacter in existence has their own following, and we are the brotherhood of Sub-Zero. :laugh:

Preach on [MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION], Preach on!

And then there are Kano Fanatics...ME LMAO!!!

Preach on [MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION], Preach on!

And then there are Kano Fanatics...ME LMAO!!!

MK9 got me into Kano for the first time in probably, ever, until he was nerfed to hell. :(
At 1 point I was even coming up with some nifty Sub-Zero and Kano Tag Team corner combos in Tag Mode.

Here's to hoping that the 3 variations in MKX cuts down on the whole "Wahhhh, _____________ is OP, and I can't beat them. Nerf ___________, NRS." casual complaints.

MK9 got me into Kano for the first time in probably, ever, until he was nerfed to hell. :(
At 1 point I was even coming up with some nifty Sub-Zero and Kano Tag Team corner combos in Tag Mode.

Here's to hoping that the 3 variations in MKX cuts down on the whole "Wahhhh, _____________ is OP, and I can't beat them. Nerf ___________, NRS." casual complaints.

EXACTLY!!!! It's not my fault i was awesome with Kano and kicked a$$ with a character they didn't like!

Well, some people are Liu Kang fanatics, some people are Scorpion fanatics and some people are Sub-Zero fanatics.
Each MK kharacter in existence has their own following, and we are the brotherhood of Sub-Zero. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm huge Liu Kang fanataic. But I hardly see anyone, but Angel( [MENTION=11825]liukang[/MENTION]93 ) and I, really defend Liu Kang in these forums..

When a Sub-Zero and Scorpion topic shows up, everyone goes nuts, haha! But i guess that's the beauty of Mortal Kombat.

Yeah, I'm huge Liu Kang fanataic. But I hardly see anyone, but Angel( [MENTION=11825]liukang[/MENTION]93 ) and I, really defend Liu Kang in these forums..

When a Sub-Zero and Scorpion topic shows up, everyone goes nuts, haha! But i guess that's the beauty of Mortal Kombat.

i find it funny how hated Liu is on these forums i don't even think he is that bad of a character he is the only vet i actually wanna see return (mostly on the deep hopes that they go the mishima diection and make him a rougue anti hero of sorts)

i find it funny how hated Liu is on these forums i don't even think he is that bad of a character he is the only vet i actually wanna see return (mostly on the deep hopes that they go the mishima diection and make him a rougue anti hero of sorts)

Yeah, Liu Kang is hated as crap around here. But i've grown to realize it's hard to please Mortal Kombat fans. One example of how people got mad over Human Smoke's hair. At least we got smoke back, no need to complain.

I think one big thing that I hated about the forums is how they use to rip on Liu Kang when Liu was doubting Raiden's visions. Raiden has done a lot in the story for Liu Kang to doubt him. Plus, he's human. It's in our nature to be like that. SMH.

Try being a fan of Goro, or just the Shokan in general. :(

Hahaha, the debates if Goro should be playable XD.

As John Lennon once said, "Scorpion and Sub-Zero are more popular than Jesus."

Wait, maybe I got that wrong.

Anyways, its a little different when it comes to Scorpion and Sub-Zero. There's a lot of grounds between fans to at each other about. But I'm sure verbal wars have occured with Liu Kang at some point in cyber history.

The "krystal ball" thing seems Like a reference to Raiden's Amulet

Agreed.
And I assume Raiden's Amulet/future visions will continue to play a role in the story for MKX.
I'm anxious to see what this story is going to be all about!

Huh???
I've also defended Liu Kang being a necessary character in MK games, on numerous occasions, and more recently in MKX threads.
My reason for his inclusion in MKX usually goes with the notion that he is the Champion of EarthRealm, and thus deserves immortal status for defending EarthRealm twice and winning 2 tournaments in MK9.
Surprisingly, Liu Kang being in MKX it's 1 of the few things that [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] and I actually agree on.
Heck, I've even said it various times that the 4 must-have characters for any MK game are Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden and Liu Kang.

Last edited:
I have defended Liu Kang as well. I want to think he's the Michael Jordan of Mortal Kombat, but he's really the Tim Duncan of MK; he doesn't get the respect he deserves, despite winning championships.

And besides, Liu Kang is based on Bruce Lee...do you realize that Bruce Lee is to Matial Arts movies what the John Wayne is to Westerns and Vincent Price is to Horrors? Without Bruce Lee, there would be no Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris (the latter of whom was actually trained by Bruce Lee).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Guys I have a question and maybe I'm slow and this has been asked before..

In Raiden's vision he was getting killed..I would assume that event that happens from mortal Kombat 4 and Armageddon had happended which is why they are fighting on that mountain.

But in our most recent mortal kombat This fight is happening on top of a building ... And that game covered MK 1-3.

I'm telling myself that What really changed the timeline is when Raiden killed Lui Kang because if he didn't kill lui Kang then the events leading up to Armageddon would happend if Lui kang lives and defeats Shao Kahn yet again.

Do I get it?someone straighten this out if I got it wrong

"This is where you fall down"

Guys I have a question and maybe I'm slow and this has been asked before..

In Raiden's vision he was getting killed..I would assume that event that happens from mortal Kombat 4 and Armageddon had happended which is why they are fighting on that mountain.

But in our most recent mortal kombat This fight is happening on top of a building ... And that game covered MK 1-3.

I'm telling myself that What really changed the timeline is when Raiden killed Lui Kang because if he didn't kill lui Kang then the events leading up to Armageddon would happend if Lui kang lives and defeats Shao Kahn yet again.

Do I get it?someone straighten this out if I got it wrong

Raiden forced the battle that Shao Kahn never got the chance to win (and he just won the last one, the Battle of Armageddon) to happen in the events of MK3. He did that by letting him win, and by doing so, disrespecting the rules of the Elder Gods of not merging the realms.

At the end of Armageddon, Kahn kills Blaze and consumes Earthrealm, that's the same result if he merges the realms (One Being and s&#@).

To let Shao Kahn win, he needed Kang to be defeated, because he was delaying The Konqueror's punishment.

What I'm sustaining since MK9 and I will just cease when some irrefutable fact from the game is that Raiden didn't prevent Armageddon for simple logic reasons.

Armageddon is caused by the growing numbers of kombatants and the insecurity of the realms. MK9 gives us the false idea that Shao Kahn is the one to be beaten.

What really happens is that, by letting Kahn being punished by the Elder Gods, Raiden prevented him from existing on the same date and hour that he would have existed on the Battle of Armageddon if nothing was changed. By doing so, in the future that would happen if there were no changes, there is no Shao Kahn to kill Raiden atop of the Pyramid of Argus, and that's why his amulet was fixed, because there would be no Kahn to break it EXACTLY AS IT WAS.

The thunder God's amulet marks his death, not Armageddon. He only prevented his own death the way it happened on his vision.

Raiden was blind and thought this prevented Armageddon, but in fact, only prevented "the end of all things" the way it happened before, so he may just delayed, as we can see, we have more kombatants and with no doubt more danger to the realms.

[MENTION=16796]ujustgotcaged[/MENTION]
I don't know if this answers your question or not, but IMO I think Armageddon is inevitable. Remember the Elder Gods demanded a Safe Guard be put in place to avoid total destruction if the Kombants became to numerous and powerful (The Pyramid & Blaze).

In MK9 everything was rebooted from MK I-III. And with all the deaths and other significant changes made, things will change IMO but Armageddon is still set to happen.

IDK if this answers your question but its what popped into my head when i read you post. Hope it helps.

[MENTION=16796]ujustgotcaged[/MENTION]
I don't know if this answers your question or not, but IMO I think Armageddon is inevitable. Remember the Elder Gods demanded a Safe Guard be put in place to avoid total destruction if the Kombants became to numerous and powerful (The Pyramid & Blaze).

In MK9 everything was rebooted from MK I-III. And with all the deaths and other significant changes made, things will change IMO but Armageddon is still set to happen.

IDK if this answers your question but its what popped into my head when i read you post. Hope it helps.

Yeah, it's just delaying Armageddon, just like Terminator 2 only delayed Judgement Day.

Who's to say that Shujinko/Onaga storyline didn't already happen by MKX or is happening during MKX?

I haven't read all the post but..im sure you all have seen MK legacy season two...isn't it funny how much lui Kang was more interesting as an ass hole...they should give him that wolverine type attitude and I think people will like him more that way.I think lui kang will be resurrected ...but it won't be at the beginning of the story.