Cyborg & Female Scorpion

Mr. Ice

OK. Take a deep breath and bear with me.

After reading the thread title, you're probably thinking I'm kidding or trying to piss you off.

Neither. That's why you need to take another deep breath.

Now, for a brief moment, entertain the idea of a cybernetic and female version of Scorpion.

Try to stay calm and relaxed. It's just a thought.

Now, try to imagine a cybernetic and female version of Scorpion actually appearing and being playable - either in MKX or any other future game.

You think it is absurd and impossible?

Think again.

It may in fact become, eventually, a reality.

There are two aspects to this: "Why?" & "How?"

Aspect 1 - Why?

There are several reasons why this might happen.

Reason A: Scorpion is the main character of Mortal Kombat. Despite some may argue that it is Liu Kang, or perhaps someone else from the "original 7", that for a long time is not true anymore. Scorpion, and Sub-Zero, have become the new (or original?) faces of Mortal Kombat. Faces people expect and demand, despite both of them dying multiple times, and faces that sell. Scorpion, and Sub-Zero respectively, have become over the years the most popular characters of Mortal Kombat. Of the two, however, Scorpion has become the most popular of them all. He is literally everywhere. He's Netherrealm Studios's logo, he was on the MK9 boxart, he was a DLC in Injustice and was huge (out of all the MK characters) and he's going to be on MKX's boxart as well. Not to mention that he's Ed's crush and that, well, with all probability Ed is Scorpion himself. Scorpion's popularity simply cannot be denied and NRS would be dumb not to use his full potential - in other words $$$.

Reason B: Scorpion, precisely for being so popular, is in time for a change. His popularity is not the main reason why he is due for a change. However, it is a key factor that can validate such change. The main reason Scorpion deserves a twist is, well, because there's none. Scorpion has been basically the same character for the past 22 years. The only thing that changed throughout the years is his design. Story progression has been minimal at best. Two decades later and still seeking vengeance. This chestnut is getting a little old. If you compare Scorpion with other characters, there really isn't much to him. Not implying he is a bad character, I personally like him, but he isn't getting the treatment he deserves. There are characters that have evolved much more than him in a much shorter time. If you look at Sub-Zero, his rival and second most popular MK character, he's the better character in terms of evolution. He has a relationship with Noob Saibot, obviously, Frost, obviously again, and pretty much most of the other characters as well. That's basically 2 offspring/spin-off/relative characters and a whole roster of other fighters he interacts with and has ties to. Scorpion, on other hand, apart from the rivalry and Quan-Chi, is pretty much on his own. And even that, with Quan-Chi acting as his master, is a stretch. Scorpion is simply alone. NRS will need to, eventually, come up with something to elevate the character - make him more relevant and interesting.

Reason C: Ed himself isn't against it. In fact, he is toying with the idea and thinking about it - as can been seen from his tweets:
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/504317688982679552
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/491978868765364224

Bv-x8yBCEAAbf-9.jpg:large

Aspect 2 - How?

Well, this pretty much doesn't need explaining.

Either you transform Scorpion into a cyborg (like what happened to Sub-Zero and Smoke) or you introduce a female version of Scorpion (like Frost).

The real "How?" is in the story, because it would need to be extensively explained and perhaps also justified. I write 'perhaps', because the justification is relative.

As for how it could be done...

You could have Scorpion's soul (somehow, for some reason) transferred into a cybernetic body.
You could have Scorpion captured (somehow, for some reason) by the Lin Kuei.
You could have Scorpion (somehow, for some reason) becoming an ally of Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei.
You could have the Lin Kuei create a Scorpion duplicate.
You could have Scorpia appearing out of nowhere and being Scorpion's long lost sister.
You could have Scorpia be created by Quan-Chi.
Etc...

The possibilities are there. And when you really think about the whole idea, despite many fans probably being against it, it does in fact seem plausible.

I'm not saying it will happen, but at the same time I can't rule out it can't. That's why I made this thread.

And I want to hear your take and opinion on the thing.

Should there be a Cyborg Scorpion?
Should there be a Female Scorpion?

Why? Why not?

Discuss.

Just NO.

Scorpion is the most remarkable character of the series, along Sub-Zero. Transforming the latter on Cyber was one of the greatest bullshits into the entire franchise, it just does not fits. Sektor and Cyrax have always been like that for us.

Scorpion is awesome for being a human wraith, a ninja, his style and personality are given by free will, neutral positioning, and living beyond human existence, and a cyborg is a limited, comercial, unnecessary change that would mislead the character.

There is no reason to do that. This thing of "Scorpion needs to be changed" isn't excalty true, maybe he needs another STORY DIRECTION, like I said, avenging his family, working for a greater good, teaming with Sub-Zero (human, please), but not transforming him into a machine, that's way too far from the creation, and I thunk the same about Sub-Zero, but Scorpion is an absurd.

Now, story reasons: Scorpion is a wraith, end of line. Smoke is too, but he never realized that, he thinks he is human. Scorpion is fully aware that he is a spectre, nothing can hold him, that's not only incoherent but it's also unnecessary.

Of course NRS should overcome that BS of putting him as Quan Chi's housemaid, but, is the only way to do that transforming him into a pile of metal?

Scorpion is versatile, I said before, he could team with Sub-Zero, he could rule hell, he can work for a greater good...there are a lot of things (like the twist of him being the Elder Gods Champion) that can be done, and all of them are better than transforming him into a cyborg. I abominated Cyber Sub-Zero, I have no words to condemn "Cyber Scorpion".

About female Scorpion, this "sister", "cousin" thing is annoying. Scorpion is unique. I think a female Scorpion is a very nice way of women who cosplay like to dress like him, and I like it, because women also love MK and also love Scorpion, why not dress like him? But a female counterpart would go too far, like Sub-Zeros, that is a never ending thing, it's like a hydra, cut one head, three appear.

I agree with [MENTION=5186]~ Outworld's Goddess ~[/MENTION].
Not only is the color is taken, but we also got Gray Cyber Scorpion in MK3, UMK3 and Trilogy (aka Cyber Smoke), and he wasn't that impressive.

His (Smoke's) human MK9 counterpart was leaps and bounds better, and his moves actually applied to his name.

A female Scorpion would lead into major fan backlash. It would be a repeat on what happen with Frost back in 2002. People on message boards at the time hated the idea of Frost and even send Midway hate mail.

No and no.

There's really no need for cyber Scorpion. As said before, the color has been taken, cyber Smoke basically was cyber Scorpion, also, lore-wise it would make no sense. Same with cyber (anyone who isn't Lin Kuei).

If they could make a female counter part to Scorpion, it would have the same effect on me as Frost. Why? Its unnecessary. I wish Frost never happened. The only thing somewhat interesting about her was her story how she intended to kill Sub-Zero for control of the Lin Kuei. Otherwise, we don't need female counter parts of these characters. Its ridiculous and an excuse to have a character.

I'd like to see more original characters that aren't ninjas or wear masks of any sort.

Cyborg, no.
Female, only if she can get some original moves.

And frost wasn't a complete clone. She froze her enemies using the ground instead of an ice blast. Lol *Sarcasm*
But to be real, I actually did like Frost for the bit of time she was in the games.

I'd down for a non canon Cyber Scorpion. Just a little joke character.

As for fem Scorp. I would really like to see Scorpion's wife come into play. It would be a great twist if Scorpion got killed off for a while and she took his place.

His generic revenge plot can only go on for so long.

Hey! Cool image dude! Seen it on Ed's twitter... Though sometimes I wish Ed never made Sub into a cyborg, if you see what happenend, a ton of people are wishing a roster only with cyborgs :D Oh ooh.

Its a cool idea (for a japanese tv show lol) but please IF one of those characters will be put in on the cost of my cyrax or another cool character not being in, im going to be one huge angry gaint

His generic revenge plot can only go on for so long.

Which is why Scorpion and Sub-Zero should team up to take out Quan Chi, and then they go their own separate ways.

Sub-Zero can become the new Lin Kuei Grandmaster and the protector of Earthrealm, since Raiden has proven in MK9 to be incompetent.
Scorpion can battle Noob Saibot (or just Saibot, if the Sub-Zero in MKX actually is Bi-Han) for NetherRealm supremacy, now that Quan Chi is dead.

Some people just want to watch the world burn...

Seriously though, an icon should always be left the way it is.

You should be more respectful of Lord Raiden.
He is the protector of Earthrealm, the god of thunder!

Respect takes a long time to earn and a short time to lose.
He lost my respect when he became a klutz and killed Liu Kang, and left the other warriors to die.
He's not worthy of the title "Protector of Earth Realm."

He lost my respect when he became a klutz and killed Liu Kang, and left the other warriors to die.
He's not worthy of the title "Protector of Earth Realm."

He had to sacrifice the few for the many.
He did his job and protected Earthrealm.

If anything, Liu Kang is the one i lost respect for.
If it wasn't for Raiden's little "accident", then Liu Kang would have messed everything up.

Anyway, the only reason i said anything was so i could quote that Liu Kang line.

He had to sacrifice the few for the many.
He did his job and protected Earthrealm.

He did his job with the intervening of the Elder Gods.
A technicality, which had it not been for the Elder Gods, would have lead to Armageddon all over again.

If anything, Liu Kang is the one i lost respect for.
If it wasn't for Raiden's little "accident", then Liu Kang would have messed everything up.

Liu Kang was EarthRealm's Champion of Mortal Kombat.
What was he to do?
Would YOU really trust Raiden (being in Liu Kang's shoes) after he repeatedly failed and failed over again, with all your friends dying in battle an not seeing any improvement in the situation?
I know that I sure wouldn't.