0% damage combos

uKER

Toying around with the game the other day I came across a 2-hit 0% damage combo (it pops up the on-screen notice saying so).
I didn't know these existed, so I got curious.

Did anyone know they were there?
Does anyone know any others?
Are there any longer combos doing 0% damage?

Nice.
The one I found was freezing someone with Sub-zero and then getting him with the ground freeze.

any move that deals no damage will make that result.

Sometimes there will be chip % that's 0% but it's actually a fraction of a % of damage.

Well, yeah, but you need to be able to combo them.
Sub-Zero's freeze and ground freeze both do 0 damage but you can't combo any of them by themselves.
Also, doing the ground freeze first and then the regular one doesn't work either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

that's because the 2nd regular freeze you use while your opponents frozen gives them I think 5%. It's so you can zone people out with subzero if you need to give them damage.

But ground freeze doesn't have that property.

Ground freeze just doesn't come out until the first one is gone.
That's why I'm saying that not every move that does 0 damage can be made into a 0% combo.

Ground freeze just doesn't come out until the first one is gone.
That's why I'm saying that not every move that does 0 damage can be made into a 0% combo.

I know ground freeze doesn't do that >.>

Let me explain.

normal Freeze does 0% right? but if you do it again it does 5%?

Ground freeze does 0% but you can't re-ground freeze. Which means it doesn't have that 5% damage property I was mentioning.

which is why normal freeze to ground freeze works.

btw are you playing an older patch version? cuz I'm pretty sure they removed normal freeze to ground freeze.

Um, no. I have the latest patch (Steam legitmate game) and I just stumbled across that combo yesterday.

My point is that SZ, having two 0-damage moves, has four possible two-hit combinations that could yield a 0% combo, and only one of them does.

I stress this because you said this, that made it seem like any 0-damage move could translate into a 0% combo.

any move that deals no damage will make that result.
It's definitely not that simple.

I have the latest patch (Steam legitmate game) and yes, I stumbled across that combo yesterday.

My point is that SZ, having two zero damage specials, has four possible two-hit combinations that could yield a 0% combo, and only one of them does.

I stress this because you said this, that made it seem like any 0 damage move could translate into a 0% combo.

It's definitely not that simple.

It is that simple.

the ones that don't work are because

1.) prevents infinites for stalling even if it IS 0%

2.) Freeze by itself IS 0%, but a 2nd one adds 5%. That's a design so you can deal damage from far away if you land a iceball if you wish to stay back.

It's not even really that amazing there's really no reason to ever purposefully get 0% chains other than being just curious.

you just happen to be testing it with subzero where his 0% moves have rules applied to them to prevent lame stuff.

I don't care for the ramblings about why a 0% combo does NOT work.
As I said the vast majority of them don't work, and in each case the reason is plain as day to see.

Now it if it is as simple as you claim, I guess you can give an endless list of 0% combos.

Let's hear it.

The only ones I know are:
- Sub-zeros freeze+ground freeze
- Kabal's run twice
- Kitana's fan lift twice

Last edited:
lol You're getting upset over 0% combos man. I'm just explaining to you why Subzero runs into problems. That's your own fault if you want to don't care for the "ramblings" of why it don't work.

If you don't care why it doesn't work. then I'll let you keep at it.

Btw you'll find more if you do tag team.

lol You're getting upset over 0% combos man. I'm just explaining to you why Subzero runs into problems. That's your own fault if you want to don't care for the "ramblings" of why it don't work.

If you don't care why it doesn't work. then I'll let you keep at it.

Btw you'll find more if you do tag team.

Man, get off his case..

We all know that 0% combos are viable online, all the high levels do it at EVO chip damage and normal damage are for scrubs. That's why I dropped MK, 0%'s are too technical.

Ah, god, really?

I'm just saying "Hey, I'm bored, and I found this unusual 0% combo. Do you know any others?"

And what you do is start rambling about them being super common, and that every 0-damage special translates into one, but fail to provide any new ones, despite the game having numerous 0-damage specials.

Man, get off his case..

We all know that 0% combos are viable online, all the high levels do it at EVO chip damage and normal damage are for scrubs. That's why I dropped MK, 0%'s are too technical.

lol, don't be mad cuz I timed you out with 0% combos

Ah, god, really?

I'm just saying this "Hey, I'm bored, and I found this unusual 0% combo. Do you know any others?"

And what you do is start rambling about them being super common, and that every 0-damage special translates into one, but fail to provide any new ones, despite the game having numerous 0-damage specials.

I was not trolling wtf.

There aren't THAT many 0 damage combos, I'm not about to list them for you because I've only done a few on accident at first, and trolled people with them for lols.

I'm just explaining SPECIFICALLY subzero because he was like my 5th string character, and I know how his mechanics work and why only certain combinations work with him. But you didn't care to hear them.

I'm not trying to criticize you I was just trying to get you to understand wtf is happening with subzero's end.

Okay, let's keep our cool here.
I created this topic asking whether anyone had found any other 0% combos, so yeah, I got kinda pissed when you tried to make it about why certain combinations of 0-damage moves don't work as 0% combos.
Sorry about that.

Now, yeah, when it doesn't work it's pretty clear why.
I was just asking for more of these out of boredom. Nothing else.
If you don't want to participate that's OK I guess.

BTW, I got what you said about the chip damage, but it's not what I'm asking for, because if it doesn't connect, the combo notice doesn't show up.

BTW, other moves that don't get you a combo (because they don't fire the second time) are:
- Cyrax's net
- Noob's cloud thing
- Rain's water bubble

If anyone can think of any others I may be forgetting, feel free to throw them in.