Silent Hills!

I remember being scared for months after watching my uncle play silent hill when I was young but never went back to the series after that for some reason or another. I remember playing a demo on ps3 for Silent Hill the room before I got games (ps3s were so expensive I had to wait a month to buy any games) and was moderately intrigued but still havn't played another silent hill.

However I am a huge kojima fan AND guillermo del toro fan so I lost my shit when this was revealed... wish I had a ps4 to try the demo on.

I would like to mention that even this game has big names attached to it, that alone doesn't equate success automatically.

kojima has dropped the ball several times and has openly stated that he couldn't make a silent hill game due to not being go at horror.
Del toro on the other hand I fully believe would and could make something deeply terrifying and with hideo backing in a producer facet and supplying the fox engine and tech to fully realize something like this should at least be good... possibly great.

Norman reedus needs to step up a bit from the walking dead and boondock saints performances imho.

Can't wait. I hope it's not first person though or i'm out. I'm a bit of a gimp and get motion sickness from them.

I am so down... I love Silent Hill just as much as I love The Walking Dead, but I'm way too puss to buy horror games.

YouTube playthrough videos all day everyday. :marchmellow:

Can't wait. I hope it's not first person though or i'm out. I'm a bit of a gimp and get motion sickness from them.

Im pretty sure it will be third person. If you are worried because that PT game teaser thing was in first-person, turns out that game isnt even real, just kojima elaborately ****ing with people :D

I enjoyed th PT demo but to see the silent hill trailer you had to beat the demo but the puzzle doesnt make any sense at the end so I youtubed the rest. I love puzzles but this demo went ultra hard with them IMO I love to see more.

Anybody here figure out the last pt puzzle? Your suppose to make the baby laugh two or three times and wait for the phone to ring.

I threw on my headphones for the first time last night while playing and while the girl is moaning/groaning I can occasionally hear a thud sound in the background. Not sure if that has any meaning.

I am so down... I love Silent Hill just as much as I love The Walking Dead, but I'm way too puss to buy horror games.

YouTube playthrough videos all day everyday. :marchmellow:

I have friends that buy the games to support them. Because no matter how good you think the game might be. IF only people who can stomach playing the game without pissing their pants buy it.

We won't see more. It's the reason all horror games hardly ever sell that much volume.

:laugh:
I have friends that buy the games to support them. Because no matter how good you think the game might be. IF only people who can stomach playing the game without pissing their pants buy it.

We won't see more. It's the reason all horror games hardly ever sell that much volume.

True, but thankfully a few good ones such as SH still thrive without this broke college student's support, heh.

yah, its a title you won't be playing.... i DONT get motion sick easily... at all, (i'm either flying an airplane or in a boat...all the time) and i spent about an hour today playing the Silent Hills demo today... made me feel sick AF.... its 1st person, has insane good graphics and when you walk, there is a head bob...i got that motion sick type of headache, that makes you feel nauseous.

but its incredibly scary... hard to play type of scary.

So I finally played P.T. about a week ago.

And I've gotta say, the tension and fear is real as fuah.

I freaked the out a good 4 times where I needed to take a break.

Once you go through it enough times though it's not so bad. But first couple times through is a heart killer. Full Game is going to be hard to beat, because of how scary it's going to be.

Spoiler:
silent_hills_pt_screen_20140821_33_lisa.jpg

i nearly shat myself when i made the mistake of turning just when the radio told me not to i hope the game looks as good as P.T

I swear to god the full game better not make me have to talk to in-game enemies.

saying Hello Lisa to trigger her scared the crap out of me. I kept thinking she's going to talk back to me. But thankfully that never happened to me. But I was trying to get her to spawn using the microphone

you know what i found funny though the made up studio name 7780s i think, actually alludes to a place in Japan Known in english as quiet hills=Silent Hills

Kojima that clever little shit

you know what i found funny though the made up studio nam 7780s i think, actually alludes to a place in Japan Known in english as quiet hills=Silent Hills

Kojima that clever little shit

Also those numbers chanted have multiple meanings.

1.) in japanese when you split them up, it means something like look at the bath tub.

2.) It's hideo-kajima's Birthday.

IF you look at the bath-tub, you get a different error message when that demon voice talks to you.

I get the feeling that like eternal darkness, Silent Hills will be heavy on the raping of your mind and sanity which is what a love about horror games