Kano General Thread - Hello Baby, did you miss me?

K A N O

tumblr_na5uypK9pM1tazhx4o1_400.gif

KANO

BIO:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VARIATIONS:
CUTTHROAT (Knife Strike Combos)
In the Cutthroat Variation, Kano has the ability to power up his attacks by pounding on his cybernetic heart. His knife fighting skills are also dramatically enhanced, allowing Kano to execute a number of unique kombos and attacks.

CYBERNETIC (Laser Eye & Weapons)
The Cybernetic Variation unleashes Kano's eye laser and grenade arsenal, allowing him to strike from long range, extend kombos, and defend against aerial attacks. Perfect for zoning, Cybernetic allows Kano to attack from virtually any distance.

COMMANDO (Grappler)
The Commando Variation transforms Kano into a highly-skilled grappler. He is able to counter both high and low attacks, forcing opponents to modify their tactics. Commando is all about grounding opponents and dominating them at close range.

SPECIAL MOVES:
Universal Moves
-Kano Ball
-Up Ball
-Air Ball
-Knife Throw

Cutthroat Variation

Cybernetic Variation
-Eye Laser

Commando Variation
-Choke

X-RAY MOVE:
Kano storms in at his opponent, slicing the opponent's rib cage in half with his knife, then proceeeds to to grab his opponent by the neck and snap his/her spine.
2zpkow1.gif

FINISHERS:
FATALITY 1
Spoiler:
Kano cuts the opponent's abdomen open with his knife, causing intestines to spill to the floor. Kano proceeds to get behind the opponent and laser burns a gaping hole through the victim's head with his eye laser.
tumblr_na65vmZGxE1qave47o1_400.gif

k48j9j.gif

INTRO DIALOGUE - KANO VS X:
Spoiler:
Kano Vs. Cassie Cage (1):
- Kano: "Over here sweetheart."
- Cassie Cage: "Your grandmother wants her teeth back!"
- Kano: ***Inaudible***

Kano Vs. Cassie Cage (2):
- Kano: "Past your bedtime, ain't it?"
- Cassie Cage: "You'll be the one taking a nap."
- Kano: "Come tuck me in!"

Kano Vs. Cassie Cage (3):
- Kano: "[Inaudible] your mother."
- Cassie Cage: ***Inaudible***

Kano Vs. D'Vorah:
- Kano: "Still angry with me?"
- D'Vorah: ***Inaudible***

Kano Vs. Ferra/Torr:
- Kano: "You talk too much, Torr."
- Ferra: "You can't hear Torr!"
- Kano: "Whatever."

Kano Vs. Kano:
- Kano: "Well, look who we have here."
- Kano: "One of us is a fake."
- Kano: "One of us will die!"

Kano Vs. Kotal Kahn:
- Kano: "[Inaudible] joining of the realms."

Kano Vs. Raiden:
- Kano: "Hmm, the big cheese"
- Raiden: "This day will not end well for you..."
- Kano: "*spits* Get your crystal ball fixed!"

INTRO DIALOGUE - X VS KANO:
Spoiler:
Cassie Cage Vs. Kano (1):
- Cassie Cage: "Scum."
- Kano: "Babe, first swing is on me!"
- Cassie Cage: "You're full of it..."

Cassie Cage Vs. Kano (2):
- Cassie Cage: ***Inaudible***
- Kano: "[Inaudible] again."
- Cassie Cage: "[Inaudible] don’t try it with me!"

D'Vorah Vs. Kano:
- D'Vorah: "Kano..."
- Kano: "Hello, my lovely!"
- D'Vorah: "You repulse us, hideous one"

Kotal Kahn Vs. Kano:
- Kotal Kahn: ***Inaudible***
- Kotal Kahn: "You will join me [inaudible]"

Quan Chi Vs. Kano:
- Quan Chi: "Fool..."
- Kano: "I do worst, sorceror."
- Quan Chi: "You shall see my worst."

VICTORY POSES:
Mid Round: Kano pummels his head with his fists multiple times whilst sing. *GIF INCOMING*

Final Round: Kano says "Nothing personal, mate", then proceeds to do an ear to ear motion, knife in hand. He then begins to shave his beard with his knife. *GIF INCOMING*

PROMOTIONAL ARTWORK:
VS RENDER
CUTTHROAT VARIATION RENDER
CYBERNETIC VARIATION RENDER
COMMANDO VARIATION RENDER

Last edited:
Cybernetic is the one that really stuck out for me. I just find him really fast, not saying that as a bad thing or whatever. But man.

I really, really, REALLY hope that he doesn't go after Cassie the entire time. I just find it a tiresome rivalry with him going after Sonya all this time. But who knows, maybe he'll be something completely different this time around.

I don't really care much for Kano but damn after that video of brutality and viciousness Kano is gonna be my main

I was going to say the Cutthroat stood out the most to me. It had so many different combos with the knives. And those headbutts, God I love Kano's headbutts.

Commando also looked like a solid defensive variation.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW

Commando's the way to go for me. I really liked the grabs and counters. That's how i envisioned Kano.

Ill say this, Commando is looking pretty awesome but i plan on mastering ALL his variants and beat the shyt out of all them Kano haters LMAO

Also does anyone else notice at the 0:51 sec mark that Kano walks up and then places the sphere thing in his bandoleer in the beginning of the fight? I think its a power source for his cybernetics!

Admit it, all you Kano haters got alil Chubby for Kano right now and are definitely gonna play as him LMAO!!!

Last edited:
I like cybernetics & commando but if he ends up being a character I stick with I'll learn all the versions. I like commando because of counters.

I've seen the KANO gameplay trailer,It was absolutely,positively awesome,I like the variations,he's older & he's also dangerous,faster & quicker,If I remember my Mortal Kombat history KANO is a cutthroat & a member of the BLACK DRAGON Organization,The BLACK DRAGON is known to have murderers & cutthroats.

Ok so im gonna eat dirt here, ive watched and listened to the Kano Official Reveal trailer. Ed Boon did say Kano pounds on his "Cybernetic Heart" to enhance his knife fighting attacks.

All ya'll that said he adapted this from Hsu Hao, You were right i was wrong.

But like i said He begins the match with placing his so called, "Heart" into his chest. I still think it would be better it it was a power supply for his cybernetics instead of his heat but, it is what it is!:alberteinstein:

Ok so im gonna eat dirt here, ive watched and listened to the Kano Official Reveal trailer. Ed Boon did say Kano pounds on his "Cybernetic Heart" to enhance his knife fighting attacks.

All ya'll that said he adapted this from Hsu Hao, You were right i was wrong.

But like i said He begins the match with placing his so called, "Heart" into his chest. I still think it would be better it it was a power supply for his cybernetics instead of his heat but, it is what it is!:alberteinstein:

I agree but at the end of the day Kano came out swingin. At they took one of Hsu Hao's most interesting qualities and added it to Kano, that's better than getting rid of the character completely with no homage or anything.

OP updated, by the way.

Yeah, not really digging the artificial heart on Kano too. I really hate when they make characters borrow unique designs from other just for the sake of change. Hsu Hao could've really had an original design since he already had a good gameplay. Oh well... I'm waiting for some new characters to take his specials too...

Well let's be real here. The only way he was coming back was in spirit. If somebody takes his badass thunder clap attack, then more power to them.

Hell, thunder clap was the only reason I used hsu hao. I just thought that move was awesome I hope one of the noons get it or even fujin.