Story mode

MKShao_Kahn

Anyone else would support the idea of playing as the villains in the story mode? The only villain we got to play as in Mortal Kombat 9 story mode was Scorpion, but technically he is a neutral guy working for the forces of darkness. Mortal Kombat is not a superhero game where the good must prevail, I felt it was very silly seeing the good guys win each fight and see Baraka, Reptile, Sheeva, Kano get their butts kicked all the time - it kind of ruined those characters for me.

And then we all know what happened... Since the good guys could not lose anything, they had Sindel come in and kill half of the cast so that there is some "balance"... Honestly, I would rather have a character die in the tournament by a fatality than all of them at the hands of the superwoman Sindel.

So, to sum up, would you guys be for playing as the evil characters in the story mode or do you prefer only kicking the bad guys' butts with the heroes?

Anyone else would support the idea of playing as the villains in the story mode? The only villain we got to play as in Mortal Kombat 9 story mode was Scorpion, but technically he is a neutral guy working for the forces of darkness. Mortal Kombat is not a superhero game where the good must prevail, I felt it was very silly seeing the good guys win each fight and see Baraka, Reptile, Sheeva, Kano get their butts kicked all the time - it kind of ruined those characters for me.

And then we all know what happened... Since the good guys could not lose anything, they had Sindel come in and kill half of the cast so that there is some "balance"... Honestly, I would rather have a character die in the tournament by a fatality than all of them at the hands of the superwoman Sindel.

So, to sum up, would you guys be for playing as the evil characters in the story mode or do you prefer only kicking the bad guys' butts with the heroes?

I wouldn't mind extended story chapters and I'm looking forward to a story chapter where Kotal rises to power in outworld taking out anyone is his way power whether it'd be Mileena who would also be gunning for Empress or any other of Shao's henchmen.

I think in this game there are certain characters that should be sent off for good...KING Lao and Kano are two that we should move on without after this game.its time for kano's story to end.

i'm down for playing as the baddies. maybe an option like MK vs DC, where you get to pick your side.

i'm also hoping that since it spans over 25 years, that they'll at least spend the first 10 years of the story "rebooting" Mk4-MKA
they cant just skip over such important story. If it spans over 25 years, and MKA takes place 10 years after MK3, then i don't see why they couldn't.

There's two threads for this topic, both of which are present in the Hot Topics section on the Front Page...

I greatly hope the story mode would not be divided in character chapters like in MK9. Instead, I hope we see fights after fights, playing the winner whoever he is.

Example : fight X : Scorpion vs Kotal Kahn, Scorpion wins. fight X+1 : D'Vorah vs Scorpion, D'Vorah wins, fight X+2 : D'Vorah vs Cassie Cage, D'Vorah wins.

im guessing they killed off all those characters so they wont all be old after the 25 years in mkx and in future mk games.

and yes I want to play as the villians in mkx. but I hope they don't just give everyone 4 fights in a row then theyre done. so no splitting the chapters by characters.