Why is the "NO BLOOD" Code so popular among Tournament Gamers?

The code also disables the win poses too, if I recall correctly. By inputting the "no blood" code, it ensure that no one even tries to perform a fatality when given the chance.

If both parties agree to let the transition between matches be as quick as possible, more to power to them. I don't get why people are making a big stink about it.

That'd be odd if the code also disabled victory poses as well considering that has nothing to do with blood and fatalities and IIRC can be skipped by tapping the buttons.

Tournament players are supposed to be pro players right? They could just have "no fatalities" in their code of conduct and boot anyone who uses them rather than force it on them with a no blood and fatalities code. Or they could simply forget about them and just not do them. If they can agree to let the transition between matches be as quick as possible they can also agree to not use certain things just like they most likely agreed not to use certain characters. I remember getting yelled at on Xband at one point for using a character I was unaware was agreed upon as being banned from competitive play there (Mileena). Do they really have to remove the temptation?

*shrug* It's their decision to do what they want to do and it's not like a debate here will change their minds either way. I just see it as unnecessary... and the justification doesn't hold much water IMHO... especially considering what I said before. But what do I know.. I'm just an old school MK fan who loves all aspects of what's included with the game.

Last edited:
Tournament players are supposed to be pro players right? They could just have "no fatalities" in their code of conduct and boot anyone who uses them rather than force it on them with a no blood and fatalities code.

The code is not forced. If a player doesn't want to input the No Blood code, then they don't have to.

Mileena is not and has never been banned. No "pro" player will yell at you for using any character, ever. They are of the mentality "do whatever it takes to win."

The no blood code is completely optional. It takes 2 people to do it, even in tourneys. I don't see why the way other people play the game should bother you. Get over yourself.

What? Lol, we said basically the same thing. He just added numbers. :laugh:
No you didn't. YOU said people only care about winning and not about what made the game famous, and that's why this thread has gone on longer than it was supposed to...

But Kzaoo's right. I shouldn't be affected by how other people choose to play the game. I myself am not the best MK player in the world (far from it), but I'm definitely not the worst either...

No you didn't. YOU said people only care about winning and not about what made the game famous, and that's why this thread has gone on longer than it was supposed to...

But Kzaoo's right. I shouldn't be affected by how other people choose to play the game. I myself am not the best MK player in the world (far from it), but I'm definitely not the worst either...

Ah, I was talking to smoke.tetsu there, dude. I wasn't calling you out.

It's competition, lol. No one cares about what the game is known for, but more so about winning for the prize and bragging rights.

I was referring to the people who play in tournaments.

Not the entire fan base.

Mileenas banned? What focker said that?

Just a random scrub who is saltier than a packet of walkers ready salted, I would guess.

Mileena has never been banned; whoever claimed that was just being a bellend.

Only banned character in any fighting game I can think of off the top of my head is Akuma in SF2 Super Turbo.

Ah, I was talking to smoke.tetsu there, dude. I wasn't calling you out.
Well, since I was being called out I wasn't talking about modern times with Mileena or even tourney play with that. I am talking specifically about way back in the day on Xband... and back then I did encounter people in the community outright banning certain characters such as Mileena.

They considered Mileena too "cheap" (or more precisely her moves weren't as negatively affected by the lag which gave her an advantage at the time) ... and I was "unlucky" enough to pick her and use it against them. Now, before you sardonically attack me for saying that conflating that with being "MY" opinion it's not mine.. it was THEIRS. In fact it wasn't just one guy. There where people on Xband who decided this as a group... and I received hate mail.

As for you telling me to "get over myself" I did say "what other people do is their choice but this is just my personal opinion" do you understand this?

Last edited:
Well, since I was being called out I wasn't talking about modern times with Mileena or even tourney play with that. I am talking specifically about way back in the day on Xband... and back then I did encounter people in the community outright banning certain characters such as Mileena.

They considered Mileena too "cheap" (or more precisely her moves weren't as negatively affected by the lag which gave her an advantage at the time) ... and I was "unlucky" enough to pick her and use it against them. Now, before you sardonically attack me for saying that conflating that with being "MY" opinion it's not mine.. it was THEIRS. In fact it wasn't just one guy. There where people on Xband who decided this as a group... and I received hate mail.

As for you telling me to "get over myself" I did say "what other people do is their choice but this is just my personal opinion" do you understand this?

What I'm saying is that nobody is forcing anybody to use the code. It takes two people to use the code so nobody has to do anything. Just most people want to use it. It doesn't affect you because you're not playing. People have used fatalities, and even babalities in tournaments many of times.

Nobody holds a knife to your throat and says do the no blood code or I'll kill you.

If tournament players aren't complaining, then why are you complaining? I'm saying "Get over yourself" because you're making a problem out of something that isn't a problem.

I wasn't calling you out about Mileena because they were the ones being stupid. But I suppose I should have quoted you on what I was actually speaking about.

Do you really want to go back and forth for this stuff when I freely admitted that what people choose to do is their business? Not once, but twice! Relent! Besides, I didn't stutter before I clearly said Xband when I mentioned Mileena.

Seems like you are conflating and lumping me in with the OP. Lastly, me stating my opinion isn't making a problem as most of those tourney players aren't even here to see it.. and they shouldn't care if they do. Or do they have fragile egos like that? Do whatever you want... doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Last edited:
Do you really want to go back and forth for this stuff when I freely admitted that what people choose to do is their business? Relent! Besides, I didn't stutter before I clearly said Xband when I mentioned Mileena.

I didn't stutter when I said that this had nothing to do with Mileena.

And, how is booting anybody who uses a fatality not the same thing as forcing them to not use them? You're basically saying "You can't play in this tournament that you probably travelled several hours to get to and paid an entry fee to of you use a fatality."

You make no sense.

And you can't skip win poses with a button press, just the starting cutscenes. The no blood code does skip the win poses. I forgot to say that earlier.

So you are choosing to ignore my main point (what they do is their business) and continue to attack me. The tl;dr version of what I was saying was.. pro players should be able to follow rules without it being "forced" on them by removing those features entirely.

So you are choosing to ignore my main point (what they do is their business) and continue to attack me. The tl;dr version of what I was saying was.. pro players should be able to follow rules without it being "forced" on them by removing those features entirely.

But the features aren't taken out of the core just for them...

You're missing the point, too. It's not a rule. You can choose not to use it, even in tournaments. Fatalities are sometimes done in tournaments, too.

Let me repeat that.

There is no rule that says you have to use the no blood code.

They just choose to use the code. By your logic, they shouldn't have to be forced to not use the no blood code, which is a feature of the game.

Pointing out the flaws in your points is not attacking you.

And I'm pointing out that you are blatantly ignoring something I've freely admitted countless times now and just trolling me at this point.

WHATEVER THEY CHOOSE DO TO IS THEIR OWN BUSINESS!

Alright?

And I'm pointing out that you are blatantly ignoring something I've freely admitted countless times now and just trolling me at this point.

WHATEVER THEY CHOOSE DO TO IS THEIR OWN BUSINESS!

Alright?

But I was just pointing out that what you said was stupid.

>2014
>saying stupid shit and not expecting to be called out on it.

Your main point is completely valid, but everything else you said was dumb. It seems you know this because you're accusing me of 'attacking' you and you just don't want to admit it.

So even if everything I have said was completely stupid do you really expect one to sit there and say.. "Yup, you are right! I'm such a stupid head!".. Nope. I don't think so. Flawed? Perhaps.. stupid? No. Go troll someone else as I've put too much energy into this than I should have. The audacity of me getting offended at someone calling stuff I say stupid. That's clearly not inflammatory at all! "I'm just saying the stuff you are saying is stupid.. no big deal!"

So even if everything I have said was completely stupid do you really expect one to sit there and say.. "Yup, you are right! I'm such a stupid head!".. Nope. I don't think so. Flawed? Perhaps.. stupid? No. Go troll someone else as I've put too much energy into this than I should have.

It doesn't take much to say "My bad," if you know you're wrong.

But, bye, it was nice speaking to you, buddy. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day, friend.