Why is the "NO BLOOD" Code so popular among Tournament Gamers?

When people play MK, they do so KNOWING to expect Fatalities. If a tournament player doesn't want to see them, then it's his/her fault for playing MK in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Okay, you win..

Fatalities are life. Pro players aren't MK fans. I hate MK with all my heart, mind, and soul because I wanna play in tournaments.

Okay, you win..

Fatalities are life. Pro players aren't MK fans. I hate MK with all my heart, mind, and soul because I wanna play in tournaments.
...that's not even close to what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is, when a tournament player chooses to play MK, they do so knowing that Fatalities are in the game to be used at the winner's disposal, and said winner has every RIGHT to use it. People who don't like it have no room to complain because they willfully chose to play a game that culturally revolves around blood, gore, and Fatalities in the first place.

What I'm saying is, when a tournament player chooses to play MK, they do so knowing that Fatalities are in the game to be used at the winner's disposal, and said winner has every RIGHT to use it. People who don't like it have no room to complain because they willfully chose to play a game that culturally revolves around blood, gore, and Fatalities in the first place.

You win, man..

You don't understand what's it's like.. You don't play as much as I do so it wouldn't effect you.

Yes, the winner has a right to use fatalities and nobody really complains when they do... but most tourney players don't want to sit through fatalities and it is a shared sentiment. That means no blood codes are often used by both players to move on with the match faster...

As for online matches, just as you reserve the right to use fatalities, you also reserve the right to never play against someone again if they always use fatalities.

Yes, the winner has a right to use fatalities and nobody really complains when they do... but most tourney players don't want to sit through fatalities and it is a shared sentiment. That means no blood codes are often used by both players to move on with the match faster...

As for online matches, just as you reserve the right to use fatalities, you also reserve the right to never play against someone again if they always use fatalities.

There is, however, no right to rage quit at all. It is detrimental to the integrity of the game.

Wow wow, slow down plizz... :)
A Mortal Kombat game without blood, gore and fatalities
is not a MK game, just like Tarkatan Trash already mentioned.

Otherwise, why would anybody create something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WXzdD7HEiE
(Shameless self-promotion time)

Many opponents on PSN disconnect from the game
if they see, that you are about to do a fatality.
That's not pro or anything, it's just annoying.

Wow wow, slow down plizz... :)
A Mortal Kombat game without blood, gore and fatalities
is not a MK game, just like Tarkatan Trash already mentioned.

Otherwise, why would anybody create something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WXzdD7HEiE
(Shameless self-promotion time)

Many opponents on PSN disconnect from the game
if they see, that you are about to do a fatality.
That's not pro or anything, it's just annoying.

Nobody is talking about rage quitting.

OP is talking about offline tournaments where they use the no-blood code to skip the finish him section so that less time is wasted in between matches.

Shame on you heathens for even bothering responding to me trash

seriously this topic should have ended aftar vital's first post

All right, I'm sorry. I fully understand now. Vital steered me in the wrong direction but Kzaoo put me back in the right direction.

So I apologize. I'll continue to watch MK9 tournament videos. They're terrific entertainment while I eat something, and I eat a LOT...

Somebody told me the reason blood is turned off in tourneys has something to do with the game running faster or less laggy without it, or SOME crap like that...how accurate this is i have no idea. As for the fatalities, i've seen people do them during tourneys but it's frowned upon because it stalls for the next match, it's pretty funny when people try them and screw it up then get booed, though.

Somebody told me the reason blood is turned off in tourneys has something to do with the game running faster or less laggy without it, or SOME crap like that...how accurate this is i have no idea. As for the fatalities, i've seen people do them during tourneys but it's frowned upon because it stalls for the next match, it's pretty funny when people try them and screw it up then get booed, though.
I say that whole "blood makes it laggy" propaganda is a crock of shit! And how long do Fatalities really last at most, and how does that MINOR amount of time hold up a tournament?

All right, I'm sorry. I fully understand now. Vital steered me in the wrong direction but Kzaoo put me back in the right direction.

So I apologize. I'll continue to watch MK9 tournament videos. They're terrific entertainment while I eat something, and I eat a LOT...

What? Lol, we said basically the same thing. He just added numbers. :laugh:

I say that whole "blood makes it laggy" propaganda is a crock of shit! And how long do Fatalities really last at most, and how does that MINOR amount of time hold up a tournament?

IDK, I personally don't give a crap if people do them or not but you know how uptight the pro gamer crowd can be.

The thing that everyone seems to miss is the fact that fatalities are completely voluntary and it's possible to end a match without fatalities without resorting to disabling them and blood completely. Seriously, if the winner wants to avoid using a fatality no one is twisting their arm forcing them to input the requisite joystick and button combos required to do a fatality!

They could just uppercut the loser for all the game cares. In fact that's how they started.. just an extra opportunity to do an uppercut to the loser but then they had an idea... "what if something special happened at that point?".. Disabling them is just being contrary to the game. They don't just happen automatically when they are enabled after all either.