Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2014

I know I don't usually toot my own horn, but I couldn't find a better story this week.

Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat Week 2 Results:

Love Cowboys (Love Cowboy) 120.06
Kabal Toasty (Tapion) 92.18

Rayzebats (mkray41) 126.14
Sek's Machine 2 The Sekening ([sek]) 68.68

ROMO INTERCEPTION (Jade) 95.08
Supreme Busboys (YungQ94) 55.34

Hindenburg Ground Crew (BYoung) 92.84
All The Kings Men (T-Ca$h) 83.94

Aggressive Perfectors (Tarkatan Trash) 83.74
Post Game Swamp Butt (squirrelpion) 61.06

VegasBigTimer (non-member Ryan) 84.28
Ghost of Sam Bradford's Knee (RIPLIUKANG) 61.42

New article is up on the league site. Happy Football All!

Heh... mkray rejected my first trade offer today within minutes but is taking an awful long time to evaluate my second one

I never got a chance to decide on the second one lol. I did decline the first one, but I wanted to view my players when I saw your second offer and when I went back to it it disappeared, like completely. I'm still interested in trading for a RB, just not as much after last week heh.

I'm using the app on a tablet and sometimes it acts weird when it comes to notifications; I've had my waivers disappear completely from the notifications menu and appear the second or third time I go to it. I can't even view things like league stories or previews on it, which is just weird.

My phone's browser has a Desktop View option, and I use that to read the league story.

If neither of my waiver claims go through (which I have reason to believe they won't, given my W-L record), I'll start looking into trades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Well you guys know I'm open to dealing.

You never know about the waivers Trashman... after all, you do go to the back of the line after one successful claim

Funny you say that LC. I made a bold move on the waiver wire last year.

I'd like to know how many of you were shocked when I grabbed LeVeon Bell on the waiver wire despite him having a bye week the next week. I chose to be aggressive with that one in particular, bye week or not, which no doubt contributed me being the Champ. I felt that if I didn't grab him right then and there following the London game (even with the bye week up next), someone else would, and [MENTION=5799]mkray41[/MENTION] would most likely be the defending champ right now. You don't win championships without making a bold move here or there.

I didn't know you go down after each successful waiver pickup; I thought you just get priority depending on your W/L and who claimed him first. On that note, I'm surprised I was able to get Knile and the Bengal's defense.

I didn't know you go down after each successful waiver pickup; I thought you just get priority depending on your W/L and who claimed him first. On that note, I'm surprised I was able to get Knile and the Bengal's defense.

Damn you! And whoever got Rainey too!

That's the price I pay for being 2-0...

Damn you! And whoever got Rainey too!

That's the price I pay for being 2-0...

I stole Rainey from you. I was surprised I got him considering I was ninth in the waiver order.

I need all the help at RB I can get.

I just sent a trade proposal to [MENTION=2224][sek][/MENTION]. I know he needs a backup QB anyway since his only QB has a bye week coming up soon.

Yup. The person with the top waiver priority gets their first pick first, then goes to the back of the line. Then the next highest priority person gets their first pick unless it's the player that's already been taken, then they would get their next pick, and then they would go to the back of the line, and so forth.

So if you make multiple waiver claims, the only way you could not get any of them would be if each of the players you claimed was claimed by a DIFFERENT person with a higher priority than you.

And the waiver order is in reverse order of the standings. I understand why the waiver system works the way it does, but the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it has the potential to encourage "tanking" (much like the NFL draft order (for example, "Suck for Luck") and the NBA Draft Lottery, which ironically was supposed to prevent that), particularly early in the season. I have a family friend who's been doing Fantasy Football as far back as pre-internet (yes, there was a time when people played Fantasy Football on paper, way before it became a household name, and you had to pick up the USA Today to get the stats) who told me it's somewhat of an advantage to lose Week 1 so you can jump the waiver order. Well, it goes against everything I stand for to throw games, regardless of what there is to gain. I lost Week 1 fair and square BOTH of the last two years.

You've got a decent shot anyway. I bet Trashman is fuming about Mike Smith pulling Matt Ryan... though he got him a full game's points already anyway