Which evil character should turn good?

Ermac fo sho and I think it will happen... eventually.

But what about Tanya, Frost and Skarlet? Possible... or?

Tanya? No way. Her being a treacherous evil bit** is a big part of her character.

Frost is more interesting as a villain, I think. Same for Skarlet.

I would love to see Bi-Han turn good and atone for his sins as Sub-Zero, especially since it's possible for him to be cleansed and become the Elder God's Champion after he was kicked into the Soulnado, following the events of MK9.
It would bring a great new side to him that hasn't been seen before.
Bi-Han and Scorpion burying the hatchet would also be awesome to see, with 2 rivals uniting to take down a common enemy (Quan Chi).
It would also allow for NRS to move beyond the Scorpion and Sub-Zero "revenge" bullshit story that we've been fed for the past 22 years, and also expand on the characters with a new original story.
Maybe Sub-Zero can even become the new Lin Kuei Grandmaster in MK X, and use that position to aid Raiden and the Forces of Light.

I don't see it happening. It was a nice little nod to see it in his ending, but it just wouldn't work for the series.

As long as he has vengeance in his heart he is immortal.
But once Quan Chi is dead, then Scorpion dies with him.

It could work. Ed could easily find a way to make it work for his favorite character.

Not really.
Nowhere does it say that with Quan Chi dead his creations are dead.
If creations died with their creators, then Mileena would have died when Shang Tsung died, and Ermac would have died when Shao Kahn died.
None of that happened in MK9, and if Ermac's MK X "concept art" is real, then creations don't die with their creators.

Ermac and Mileena have nothing to do with Quan Chi, so I don't know why you even brought them up.

That is Scorpion's story. He cannot find peace until his vengeance has been satisfied.

I brought that up because you brought up the notion of Scorpion (the creation) dying if Quan Chi (the creator) dies.

BBBLP said:
But once Quan Chi is dead, then Scorpion dies with him.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that he's dead if Quan Chi dies, and it doesn't mean that his story can expand beyond that.

I brought that up because you brought up the notion of Scorpion (the creation) dying if Quan Chi (the creator) dies.

Completely irrelevant. Ermac and Mileena share neither the same relationship nor the same origins as Scorpion has to Quan Chi.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that he's dead if Quan Chi dies, and it doesn't mean that his story can expand beyond that.

It would honestly be pretty stupid if they continued his story after Quan Chi's death. His ONLY reason for existing as Scorpion is to get justice for his family. After he gets that, whats next?

Completely irrelevant. Ermac and Mileena share neither the same relationship nor the same origins as Scorpion has to Quan Chi.

Not irrelevant. Ermac and Mileena are created in sorcery, just like Scorpion was also created through sorcery by Quan Chi.

It would honestly be pretty stupid if they continued his story after Quan Chi's death. His ONLY reason for existing as Scorpion is to get justice for his family. After he gets that, whats next?

I find this hilarious coming from someone who doesn't want the same stuff rehashed for the MK series.
So, rehash and drag the same stale 22-year Scorpion revenge story?
I don't know what's next for Scorpion.
Maybe he fights Noob Saibot for the position of ultimate NetherRealm ruler.
Anything but the same story repeated again.

Not irrelevant. Ermac and Mileena are created in sorcery, just like Scorpion was also created through sorcery by Quan Chi.

They weren't created with stipulations though. If Scorpion murders the one who wronged him, then he finds peace.
Ermac and Mileena were simply created as slaves.

I find this hilarious coming from someone who doesn't want the same stuff rehashed for the MK series.
So, rehash and drag the same stale 22-year Scorpion revenge story?
I don't know what's next for Scorpion.
Maybe he fights Noob Saibot for the position of ultimate NetherRealm ruler.
Anything but the same story repeated again.

When did I say I wanted the story rehashed? Aren't you the guy who always moans and whines about people putting words in his mouth?

I'm saying that if Scorpion finally deals with Quan Chi, then he shouldn't continue on. I know it'll never happen, but it's what I think is best for the character.

They weren't created with stipulations though. If Scorpion murders the one who wronged him, then he finds peace.
Ermac and Mileena were simply created as slaves.

Finding peace was never Scorpion's "stipulation."
Him being brainwashed by Quan Chi doesn't automatically = a creation stipulation.
That could just merely be Scorpion's soul (aka Hanzo) wanting revenge.
I'm pretty sure that Liu Kang (if he comes back) would also want revenge on Raiden for what he did in MK9.

When did I say I wanted the story rehashed? Aren't you the guy who always moans and whines about people putting words in his mouth?

I'm saying that if Scorpion finally deals with Quan Chi, then he shouldn't continue on. I know it'll never happen, but it's what I think is best for the character.

You've said before how you want to see fresh new things for the MK series (which I agree with).
That being said, Scorpion being the same stale character =/= a fresh or new story or adding anything to further develop his character.

Why not? Scorpion shouldn't be forever tied to the Sub-Zero and Quan Chi triangle, as he's been for the last 22 years.
It's gotten tiring, and I want to see something new for him.

I'd like Tanya to turn good to replace Jade.
As a Tanya fan, you ARE aware that her being a treasonous bi*** is the single most defining trait of her character, am I right? She is the Benedict Arnold/Judas Iscariot of MK. Explain to me how turning good is consistent with the very heart and soul of her character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

As a Tanya fan, you ARE aware that her being a treasonous bi*** is the single most defining trait of her character, am I right? She is the Benedict Arnold/Judas Iscariot of MK. Explain to me how turning good is consistent with the very heart and soul of her character.

I can agree that she is famous for being treacherous but I bet she can also turn good after being evil after having some conscience of seeing people die. Maybe people (maybe new characters or non-playables) that are close to her.

I can agree that she is famous for being treacherous but I bet she can also turn good after being evil after having some conscience of seeing people die. Maybe people (maybe new characters or non-playables) that are close to her.
I'm sorry, but once you start betraying people, you too far gone because you have thrown away your trustworthiness with no turning back. Even if Tanya turned over a new leaf, the good guys STILL wouldn't trust her, and they would continue to shun her for her past transgressions, which would no doubt drive her back to betrayal.

none! the evil should remain evil, if not get eviler! i hate it when an evil character turns good. like did everyone forget about their murdering and scheming and just get all kumbaya? nope keep the evil evil. none of that last minute reform bs. with ermac it was ok because he was comprised of thousands of souls. nope. evil stays evil. unless of course the evil character is feigning good to get closer to the good guys and then betrays them. or if a classicly good character reveals they are in fact evil. bad to good never works.

I like temporary alignment changes. Usually out of desperation.

Like when Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Raiden all fought Onaga together.

I would love to see Bi-Han turn good and atone for his sins as Sub-Zero, especially since it's possible for him to be cleansed and become the Elder God's Champion after he was kicked into the Soulnado, following the events of MK9.
It would bring a great new side to him that hasn't been seen before.
Bi-Han and Scorpion burying the hatchet would also be awesome to see, with 2 rivals uniting to take down a common enemy (Quan Chi).
It would also allow for NRS to move beyond the Scorpion and Sub-Zero "revenge" bullshit story that we've been fed for the past 22 years, and also expand on the characters with a new original story.
Maybe Sub-Zero can even become the new Lin Kuei Grandmaster in MK X, and use that position to aid Raiden and the Forces of Light.

You seem convinced that Bi Han will be cleansed and become the Elder Gods' champion. You've said it a million times. That would be pretty lame if they decided to use Scorpion's Deception story. They can do better, I'm sure.

I'm sorry, but once you start betraying people, you too far gone because you have thrown away your trustworthiness with no turning back. Even if Tanya turned over a new leaf, the good guys STILL wouldn't trust her, and they would continue to shun her for her past transgressions, which would no doubt drive her back to betrayal.

Yeah especially for someone like Sonya. Sonya had doubts on the following female characters in the past even in the films such as Jade (MK:Annihilation) and Frost (MKDA). I bet Sonya also doubted Li Mei but I'm not sure about that one though.

Only Johnny Cage would trust her I bet just so they can go to sleep together. Lol

Tanya would be interesting, although with Sindel and Kitana gone her story would have to be changed substantially anyway if she is in the game.

What about Reptile? Instead of aligning with Shinnok he could join Raiden etc...

none! the evil should remain evil, if not get eviler! i hate it when an evil character turns good. like did everyone forget about their murdering and scheming and just get all kumbaya? nope keep the evil evil. none of that last minute reform bs. with ermac it was ok because he was comprised of thousands of souls. nope. evil stays evil. unless of course the evil character is feigning good to get closer to the good guys and then betrays them. or if a classicly good character reveals they are in fact evil. bad to good never works.

Ermac turned good once already. Why can't he do so again?

And Kabal turned good in his own backstory.