Are the reveals lacklustre this time around?

All things considered, that's pretty sad that the co-creator of the franchise gives off a vibe that he doesn't know his baby inside and out.
He should know how Johnny Cage keeps his extra pair of sunglasses intact during a fight, dammit! But seriously, what creator doesn't know EVERYTHING about their franchise?

Agreed.

Boon needs to work on his knowledge of the product. Tbh, interviews with Beran and Vogel have been more informative than he has been. Other than the TRMK interview, where he was forced to reach the depths of his brain to pick out every single MK fact that he knows, due to the fact that he was dealing with an interviewer with vast amount of knowledge of the subject, the answers he provides are so bare and generic.

I agree, if you watch some of the "Bio Kards" for MK:D and MK:A, it sounds like he has no idea wtf he's talking about when he's describing the characters. Especially when it comes to the story aspects.

All things considered, that's pretty sad that the co-creator of the franchise gives off a vibe that he doesn't know his baby inside and out. Reminds me of a "Undercover Boss" scenario when the boss of a company sees for the first time the functions of what the peasants do for his/her company. Like shouldn't you already know this?
Look no further than his infamous "evil Kitana" comment on Jade's bio card (except that Jade in both timelines turns good in the aftermath of Kitana doing the same (in the original, this began with reluctance to stab Kitana in the back under Shao Kahn's orders), and that the REAL "evil Kitana" in the storyline is in fact Mileena).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

It's sad when your fans know more than you do...

Is it though, because fans remeber a lot of obscure stuff that their creators either forget or just slipped to the back of their minds not to say Boons memory of MK isn't medicore but fans knowing more than the creator is more common than you think

Video games are complex projects that require the labor of many people with specialized skills. There are very few people that can do it all. It's unreasonable to expect their creators to recall every aspect of their game.

That's because MK was dead before MK9, they don't have to invest as much time and money in the promos anymore, MKX is going to sell well regardless.

Video games are complex projects that require the labor of many people with specialized skills. There are very few people that can do it all. It's unreasonable to expect their creators to recall every aspect of their game.
I respect that, but we're talking about Boon, the now Creative Director for MK. Meaning he's the impromptu go to guy for MK, he should now know his shit. It's one thing if he were still lead programmer and Tobias was here, but that's not the situation anymore.

I am more hyped now than I was in MK9. In MK9, all reveals were obvious apart from Quan Chi and the stupid Cyber Sub-Zero. The one I was REALLY hoping for was Motaro so yeah...

I'll die when I see MK4-Armageddon characters reimagined for X. Can't wait for them!

we're talking about Boon, the now Creative Director for MK. Meaning he's the impromptu go to guy for MK, he should now know his shit. It's one thing if he were still lead programmer and Tobias was here, but that's not the situation anymore.

this right here. its his job now to know Mortal kombat

Last edited:
I respect that, but we're talking about Boon, the now Creative Director for MK. Meaning he's the impromptu go to guy for MK, he should now know his shit. It's one thing if he were still lead programmer and Tobias was here, but that's not the situation anymore.

Creative director can mean different things to different studios, but generally speaking, they are responsible for setting vision for the game. Boon has said that he let the staff pitch in ideas for the games. Not all of the ideas are his own and he seems to be more focused on the big picture rather than minute details.

I think that most of then roster is done..I'd even go so far and say the storyline is done at this point.. They've probably been working on this for a while so with only about 10 months left they're figuring what they want the characters to look like

I am more hyped now than I was in MK9. In MK9, all reveals were obvious apart from Quan Chi and the stupid Cyber Sub-Zero. The one I was REALLY hoping for was Motaro so yeah...

I'll die when I see MK4-Armageddon characters reimagined for X. Can't wait for them!
I'm still hoping for Motaro tbh. I'm really hoping they bring him back as a sub-boss. They gave him a really weak sendoff in mk9. So it'd be cool to have him or a different centaur character be in MKX.

For me, it goes like this:
Scorpion and Sub-Zero - They were obviously going to be in.
D'vorah: Awesome!
Ferra/Torr: Meh...
Cassie Cage: Meh. Where's Johnny?
Kotal Kahn: Awesome!
Raiden: HOLY MOTHERFVCKING SH!T HE'S AWESOME!!!
The reveals are okay for now.

Last edited:
Is it the over all change for you?

Not feeling the characters at all. My kinds are the "Edenian" types who look more human than monstrous. Cassie Cage's low blow attacks are what keeps me interested and the fact that I know there will beamy more reveals.

But even though I don't have my favorite characters and there's character creations, it's sold by me.

For me, it goes like this:
Scorpion and Sub-Zero - They were obviously going to be in.
D'vorah: Awesome!
Ferra/Torr: Meh...
Cassie Cage: Meh. Where's Johnny?
Kotal Kahn: Awesome!
Raiden: HOLY MOTHERFVCKING SH!T HE'S AWESOME!!!
The reveals are okay for now.

Don't you mean : Ferra/Torr - GREAT! CAN'T WAIT! lol