kahn or khan ?

Either way it's spelled (Kahn or Khan), it means ruler / overlord, so it makes sense given that Kotal is an Aztec-like war god.

So, you say "Kahn" And "Khan" mean the same?, damn, i didn't noticed this change of name until now you mentioned it :O, my guess is that is a mistake, considering that the health bar and the videos where the selection char screen was shown, the name was "Kotal Kahn" IMO that is more canon than some type appearing on a trailer, good observation bro.

So, you say "Kahn" And "Khan" mean the same?, damn, i didn't noticed this change of name until now you mentioned it :O, my guess is that is a mistake, considering that the health bar and the videos where the selection char screen was shown, the name was "Kotal Kahn" IMO that is more canon than some type appearing on a trailer, good observation bro.
I'd say the raiden trailer is more recent. They probably changed the spelling to avoid association with Shao

Ohhhhh, yeah, maybe, that sounds pretty accurate. Well, let's wait 'till his name appear again :)

And why would they want to do that?

Because Ed Boon himself said that Kotal Kahn in MK X has no relation to Shao Kahn.
So, changing it to Khan to differentiate the 2 makes sense.

[MENTION=17961]Sam-MK[/MENTION]

Khan = a name given to rulers, overlords and various high powered figures.

i.e. -- Genghis Khan (his actual name was Temüjin)

The MK version of Khan = Kahn, with Shao Kahn being a powerful overlord and ruler.

Seeing as how it's never been said anywhere that Kahn is a last name, I don't see why it would be necessary to change the spelling of Kotal's title to "Khan".

Hence the exact same reason why they changed a certain dreaded MK:DA character's name from Kublai Khan (who was an Ancient Mongol WARLORD) to Hsu Hao.

Yup.
Yet another good point.
Given that MK X likely won't come out until somewhere near April 2015, his name could change from now to then, as Hsu Hao's did.

Well, now it all makes sense :), i'm almost positive that was the reason of the name being changed.

Indeed. And I'm guessing it may change entirely between now and release time too, as Araknyd suggests. Just changing the spelling isn't going to prevent a bunch of numbskulls (the same ones who regularly type "Lui Kang") from still asking the question about whether he's related to Shao Kahn.

Shao Kahn should have been named Shao Khan as well.

Shao=young
Khan=a ruler

So young ruler maybe. Also Khan is a title for an emporer