Raiden getting revealed at EVO

It was called, and it was revealed! Raiden enters the fray!
His look doesn't seem to be too different but it seems to be his best incarnation yet!
Maybe its his move-set but it looks like he is pulling out all the stops!

He's going to have to if he plans on defeating Shinnok and possibly an Evil God Liu Kang.

Raiden was a given for the game, but I'm really liking what I see! He seems to be using a lot more electriciity-based attacks, and I love that!

I love how each variation has a different hat.

Its so dumb, i love it.

I thought only the last variation had different hat.. Actually I didn't see any aesthetic difference between the first two. Anyone got it?

I'm just saying that Raiden's costume has been the same for almost the whole series (excluding alternate costumes and Dark Raiden). Repetition is good, but after a while, it just gets stale imo. I mean, look at Scorpion. He's had costume altercations and changes in the past and they still made him look good in them; there are plenty of other characters who have had costume changes and still looked fine as well, I'm just pointing out Scorpion as an example.

I think he is different enough while keeping his identity. Not unlike Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

I love how each variation has a different hat.

Its so dumb, i love it.

now that you mentioned it, nice call, but I only noticed a difference with the Hat on the last Variation: Storm Lord

but i like the fact you see the lightening Aurora around his arms/body! badass!

Raiden looks sick.
And it sounds like they brought back Phil Lamar (Voice of Aquaman of Injustice) to do Kotal Kahn

My reaction to Raiden's reveal
toad-freaking-out-shaking-going-crazy-nintendo-13922502790.gif

I'm really digging the on screen projectile, I know for a fact that's going to be strong.

I'm also glad we have a block button because those teleports are so fast lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just saying that Raiden's costume has been the same for almost the whole series (excluding alternate costumes and Dark Raiden). Repetition is good, but after a while, it just gets stale imo. I mean, look at Scorpion. He's had costume altercations and changes in the past and they still made him look good in them; there are plenty of other characters who have had costume changes and still looked fine as well, I'm just pointing out Scorpion as an example.

And I never said every character needed a redesign lol I just thought maybe after so many years, NRS might change up Raiden's appearance at least a little.

These are just aesthetic peeves, though - eye candy. It's just a little detail I observed, I could care less about it honestly. As long as the game plays fine and fun lol

I get what you're saying. I do think that they tried to change his clothes enough without it being radically different, though. I hate to say it but I don't trust Boon and co. when it comes to changing characters! Taking that into consideration, I think current Raiden's good enough.

Like raiden's new look and gameplay and the back 2 block elitist wonder why we have a block button.

Glad to finally here kotal kahn's voice

Raiden's fatality is probably the most hilarious of the one's seen so far

You two should face off in mortal combat.

Not the video game, I honestly want you two to beat eachother to death.