Scorpion Storyline

It's iconic just like the Ryu/Ken rivalry in Street Fighter games...

Ryu and Ken are rivals because they are little es.

They are friends, but they compete among themselves. It's natural. It's a more popular Liu Kang vs Kung Lao envy thing.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero's rivalry is made of deception, lies and an a-hole move from Bi-Han.

But Scorpion has already taken his vengeance against him.

Also, about his family, Quan Chi must be punished. Once it happens, and I hope it happens this game, there is no reason to keep them against each other.

It's iconic, but it's time for move on, and they are starting to make Scorpion look stupid and Sub-Zero analphabetic!

question:

Did Quan Chi turn Bi-Han into Noob to fight alongside Scorpion, or to REPLACE him altogether?

The impression I got from the MK9 storyline is that by the time of the tournament, Scorpion was already starting to have his doubts about his realationship with QC, hence why he agreed to the deal with Raiden about not killing Bi-Han in exchange for having his family and the clan restored. QC could see this, so he figures that the Netherrealm needs a better champion, one with "less strings attached".

(If this is the case, it kind of suggests that in their former lives, Bi-Han may have been far more ruthless than Hanzo)

Well, Scorpion vengeance...

Spoiler:
does occur... somewhat.

And fortunally, he makes amends with Sub-zero. We can only hope things go well.
The guy is much less brooding since Quan Chi lost all control over him.

I was actually surprised when I saw beard scorpion for the first time. I am proud Sub-Zero and Scorpion are now friends instead of enemies.

question:

Did Quan Chi turn Bi-Han into Noob to fight alongside Scorpion, or to REPLACE him altogether?
Neither. Noob and Scorpion have not yet met as far as the storyline goes. Quan Chi set both of them up with Scorpion taking Bi-Han's life for Chi to turn him into a spectre and serve underneath Quan Chi. Something that Noob remembers nonetheless and shows he owes Quan Chi absolutely nothing in terms of loyalty. Noob has always wished to rule the Netherrealm for himself and if he succeeds, will get one back on Quan Chi.

The impression I got from the MK9 storyline is that by the time of the tournament, Scorpion was already starting to have his doubts about his realationship with QC, hence why he agreed to the deal with Raiden about not killing Bi-Han in exchange for having his family and the clan restored. QC could see this, so he figures that the Netherrealm needs a better champion, one with "less strings attached".

(If this is the case, it kind of suggests that in their former lives, Bi-Han may have been far more ruthless than Hanzo)
Bi-Han was ruthless like his clan. Yeah I think he was more ruthless than Hanzo. These are things that other people know about if they've done their research.