Scorpion Storyline

Jion_Wansu

Since there's a Sub Zero on in the MK Ecks sub-forums...

Everyone remember that the only reason Scorpion wears a yellow ninja suit is to mock Sub Zero and Sub Zero's clan...

My theory is that it was the Shirai Ryu at large and not Scorpion in particular who chose to wear yellow (the color of cowardice) to mock the Lin Kuei (if anyone started this, it had to have been Takeda, since he's the one who defected the Lin Kuei and founded the Shirai Ryu).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Scorpion himself didn't start the Shirai Ryu. Nor do I think he ever became Grandmaster.

But when they were going to reboot the series, Scorpion's clothing was actually going to be black. With yellow blood stains from the demon Quan Chi sacrificed to resurrect him.

It's from the cancelled MK1 reboot they were going to make. They made MKvsDC instead, and then decided to recreate the entire trilogy, which became MK9

1032882-mk_reboot_scorpion.jpg

My theory is that it was the Shirai Ryu at large and not Scorpion in particular who chose to wear yellow (the color of cowardice) to mock the Lin Kuei (if anyone started this, it had to have been Takeda, since he's the one who defected the Lin Kuei and founded the Shirai Ryu).

Actually, in Japan, yellow is associated with courage.

I don't get how one color can represent opposites...

I was taught that yellow represents cowardice...it even said so in the MK1 instruction manual that Scorpion wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei.

I don't get how one color can represent opposites...

I was taught that yellow represents cowardice...it even said so in the MK1 instruction manual that Scorpion wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei.

Okay, sit down for a bit, this might come as a shocker.

Okay, you ready? This might surprise you.

You sure? Alright, here we go.

Theres more than one culture on the planet WOW WHOAH.

Sorry, but MK is a Yankee-made game. Yankee culture takes priority in MK. Scorpion's yellow mocks the Lin Kuei as cowards in MK and that is final.

Sorry, but MK is a Yankee game.

With influence from the east in terms of locations, designs, and mystical shit.

Well, okay, some of it is from Big Trouble in Little China, but you get my point, its still influenced by that type of stuff, and it still works because Scorpion is Japanese.

With influence from the east in terms of locations, designs, and mystical shit.
Where in the MK canon universe does it officially retcon Scorpion's Yellow mocking the Lin Kuei as cowards?

Nowhere.

Where in the MK canon universe does it officially retcon Scorpion's Yellow mocking the Lin Kuei as cowards?

Nowhere.

That information was from the MK manuel, right? That can pretty much be thrown out at this point, because the story has progressed so much.

Plus, also at this point, Scorpion and Sub-Zero look almost nothing alike anymore.

Legit, that was just justification for a palette swap.

That information was from the MK manuel, right? That can pretty much be thrown out at this point, because the story has progressed so much.

Plus, also at this point, Scorpion and Sub-Zero look almost nothing alike anymore.

If Midway/NRS didn't explicitly say "Scorpion's Yellow does NOT mock the Lin Kuei as cowards", then it wasn't retconned. What part of that do you not understand?

If Midway/NRS didn't explicitly say "Scorpion's Yellow does NOT mock the Lin Kuei as cowards", then it wasn't retconned. What part of that do you not understand?

It doesnt really work anymore when they look nothing alike, tho.

Plus, what i said doesnt chang their intention, it just adds something to it.

It doesnt really work anymore when they look nothing alike, tho.

Plus, what i said doesnt chang their intention, it just adds something to it.

Doesn't matter what they look like; it's still canon. Just admit that you lied...

I don't understand how wearing yellow ninja garbs would mock the Lin Kuei. If I were in the Lin Kuei I'd be like, *sarcasm* "Oh boy, that yellow really hurts my feelings.."