Scorpion Storyline

Cyrax is Lin Kuei and he wore yellow, so IDK what that implies. I think it's just one of those things where MK didn't have a set game plan from the start and so everything is mixed up, I mean the grandmaster wore red, so it's not like blue is even the Lin Kuei default color or something.

Yup, and Sektor also wore red and he wasn't Lin Kuei Grandmaster until his MK9 arcade ending (if that even counts).

The whole point is that Scorpion is calling the Lin Kuei cowards by wearing a yellow variation of their uniform. He wore the same color while he was still alive, as evidenced by the first boss fight of Mythologies, and since THAT has yet to be retconned, the whole "demon's blood" thing is a moot point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. The Shirai Ryu and the Lin Kuei became tremendous rivals. Takeda's clan mocked the Lin Kuei by dressing in similar outfits of yellow color and teaching modified versions of their own secrets... Found this via http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shirai_Ryu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCORPION always have revenge & vengance on Sub-Zero,he felt that Sub-Zero & the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan was responsable for the murders of his family & Ninja Clan the Shirai Ryu.

SCORPION always have revenge & vengance on Sub-Zero,he felt that Sub-Zero & the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan was responsable for the murders of his family & Ninja Clan the Shirai Ryu.

You-Dont-Say-Nicholas-Cage-Reaction-Gif.gif

I really hope that they follow his MK9 ending an figures out Quan Chi is the real enemy. Im quite tired of Scorpion and Sub Zero fighting over the same stuff. And its not even the Sub Zero who killed him

I really hope that they follow his MK9 ending an figures out Quan Chi is the real enemy. Im quite tired of Scorpion and Sub Zero fighting over the same stuff. And its not even the Sub Zero who killed him

Amen! I am sick of the rivalry between those two. It's time they teamed up and took down Quan Chi. He has had a good run, lets kill him off and start up some new storylines for the future.

Amen! I am sick of the rivalry between those two. It's time they teamed up and took down Quan Chi. He has had a good run, lets kill him off and start up some new storylines for the future.

Would it be interesting if Noob Saibot was involved with Quan Chi's demise? I wonder if he even cares how Quan Chi basically manipulated both him and Scorpion for the selfish reason of having two badass undead ninja body guards. Or maybe Noob Saibot far too dark and corrupted to care about his past life.

Would it be interesting if Noob Saibot was involved with Quan Chi's demise? I wonder if he even cares how Quan Chi basically manipulated both him and Scorpion for the selfish reason of having two badass undead ninja body guards. Or maybe Noob Saibot far too dark and corrupted to care about his past life.

Yeah, I think Noob is so far gone that he just doesn't care about that crap. lol

I don't get how one color can represent opposites...

I was taught that yellow represents cowardice...it even said so in the MK1 instruction manual that Scorpion wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei.

What's the problem with Yellow? :whine::bawling:

Where in the MK canon universe does it officially retcon Scorpion's Yellow mocking the Lin Kuei as cowards?

Nowhere.

Scorpion's intro in MK1:

EDIT:

I just realized that different arcade versions of MK1 have 2 different intro bios for Scorpion!

Last edited:
I really hope Scorpion goes after Quan Chi. I mean he's known that QC was the one responsible for his family & clans death ever since MK4. And even though they are now in an Alternate timeline, Scorpions ending in MK9 depicted him finding out and Killing the Sorcerer. So if anything i hope his is partial kannon. It's about that time to move on ya know

beside i really want to see Scorpion or Sub Zero kill QC. He's bad ass i admit and an important character to the story, but i always preferred Shang Tsung ove QC. But thats just me

Agreed.
I just want to see the rivalry between those 2 (Scorpion and Sub-Zero) finally end.
It' s been 22 years of the same crap, and it would be great to see a new story being written for each of them.