Scorpion Storyline

I don't understand how wearing yellow ninja garbs would mock the Lin Kuei. If I were in the Lin Kuei I'd be like, *sarcasm* "Oh boy, that yellow really hurts my feelings.."

Its supposed to be all symbolic and shit.

But its a pretty moot point now, it was just attempting to justify a palette swap, and the explanation doesnt work anymore with their vastly different designs.

I don't understand how wearing yellow ninja garbs would mock the Lin Kuei. If I were in the Lin Kuei I'd be like, *sarcasm* "Oh boy, that yellow really hurts my feelings.."
Yellow represents cowardice. That stems from the slang term used to describe cowardice, "yellow-bellied".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Here's the thing... I don't see how Scorpion wearing yellow serves as an insult to the Lin Kuei. If the yellow is supposed to represent cowardice, I wouldn't want to be the one wearing it. Dressing up fallen Lin Kuei warriors in yellow and then sending them back to their headquarters... THAT would be insulting.

The whole point is that Scorpion is calling the Lin Kuei cowards by wearing a yellow variation of their uniform. He wore the same color while he was still alive, as evidenced by the first boss fight of Mythologies, and since THAT has yet to be retconned, the whole "demon's blood" thing is a moot point.

The whole point is that Scorpion is calling the Lin Kuei cowards by wearing a yellow variation of their uniform. He wore the same color while he was still alive, as evidenced by the first boss fight of Mythologies, and since THAT has yet to be retconned, the whole "demon's blood" thing is a moot point.

All that does is make Scorpion and his clan look like cowardly Lin Kuei wannabes.

Their very founder was a Lin Kuei defector. What do you expect out of such a clan?

To look superior to the original clan... Not inferior and cowardly. I see the yellow as them having courage. Courage being what yellow represents in Japanese culture. Or an older Japan at least.

To look superior to the original clan... Not inferior and cowardly. I see the yellow as them having courage. Courage being what yellow represents in Japanese culture. Or an older Japan at least.
Either way, the yellow Lin Kuei costume is a pot-shot towards the Lin Kuei.

I never heard anything about the yellow being a jab at the Lin Kuei in MK9. So as far as I am concerned, they are pretty much ignoring that little bit of history. Which is good, in my opinion.

That was never explicitly retconned, which means it's still canon.

Dude. The number of retcons that have existed in the MK timeline is ridiculous. Don't hold on to something that appeared in an instruction manual for the first game. They had no plan back then.

Takeda, the Lin Kuei defector, wore yellow to mock the Lin Kuei

The Shirai Ryu wore yellow to honor the man who started their clan, Takeda

Scorpion wears yellow to honor his clan, the Shirai Ryu

If they make no mention of it, it did not get retconned.

Dude. The number of retcons that have existed in the MK timeline is ridiculous. Don't hold on to something that appeared in an instruction manual for the first game. They had no plan back then.
Only explicit retcons count as retcons.

Only explicit retcons count as retcons.

Agreed still canon unless its officially retconned. I dont get why all of sudden now days its ok to throw things out the window. Like ive said unless its dismissed its still cannon just like mk mythologies

Cyrax is Lin Kuei and he wore yellow, so IDK what that implies. I think it's just one of those things where MK didn't have a set game plan from the start and so everything is mixed up, I mean the grandmaster wore red, so it's not like blue is even the Lin Kuei default color or something.

Cyrax is Lin Kuei and he wore yellow, so IDK what that implies. I think it's just one of those things where MK didn't have a set game plan from the start and so everything is mixed up, I mean the grandmaster wore red, so it's not like blue is even the Lin Kuei default color or something.

True.

The default seems to be grey, going by MK9.

Also, Cyrax is from Botswana, so i dont know, but its certainly not an insult anymore if one of them ALREADY wears yellow.