Ideas for NEW characters - what/who would you like to see?

Mr. Ice

We already have a thread for returning characters and one for guest characters. However, there is no thread for brand new characters that will be making their debut in MKX and we haven't seen before - either characters that are completely new to Mortal Kombat (like those introduced at E3) or those that have made an appearance in a previous Mortal Kombat game, as cameos, but haven't been playable so far. This thread will be for these purposes.

Have an idea for a brand new character?
Have an idea what kind of new character you'd like to see?
Have an idea for an MK character that has appeared only as a cameo, but you'd like to see playable?

Now's your chance!

Considering MKX is still almost a year away and it will be about the new, there's no better time to share, introduce and promote these ideas. Having all of them together at one place makes it easier on the eyes and brain and who knows... maybe even Ed himself might check out this thread and get inspired.

Feel free to also explain why.

Round 1, WRITE!

Last edited:
I like to see a brand new shokan, but less based on his muscles. Perhaps, a skilled swordsman with four swords or two swords and two daggers.

25 years after the events of MK9, maybe Apep could become a talented shaolin monk.

A Seidan official that has mastery over the Laws of Physics.

I came up with that for an eventual Dairou Reboot, but I realize that they can create a whole new character based around that rather than to retcon an old unpopular one.

A powerful warrior from Chaosrealm.

A steampunk cybrog like Machinarium, but larger and more likely to fight of course.

Centaur druid who fights for good.

Thanks for all the replies so far!

I have a few ideas I'd like to share as well and will do so soon :)

One idea I'd like to see is a nurse/doctor character who uses medicine in most of his/her special moves.

Another idea would be an Arabian, Iranian, or Turkish themed Outworld girl who wears a genie outfit and fights with scimitars (and magic).

Yet another idea would be a wicked priest. He uses a lot of holy magic in his fighting style, but he isn't exactly God's/his god's model man of the cloth.

I designed a character not too long ago, maybe I'll post it in the fanart section one of these days.

This is a basic idea I had for him and it has changed a few times. But it essentially went something like this:

A young man ventures out into the Living Forest in search of his mother and sisters who were abducted by a group of pirate-like people. After searching for a day or two, he demands that the trees help him find his lost relatives. The trees are offended by his request and devour him. His mind is transferred into a vacant tree and he becomes of the living trees.

But in a surprise twist he finds himself rooted into the ground right along side the pirate camp where his family is being held captive. He extends his roots and slaughters the vile men. His mother and sisters do not realize that he is the tree and flee the forest, never to be seen by him again.

For hundreds of years, he remains in the Living Forest as one of its abominations. Until one day a sorceress enters the forest and mentally intercepts the young man's cry for help. She seeks the tree out and after taking pity on him, decides to make a deal with the tree spirit. If he agrees to do ten specific tasks for her, she will free him from the tree and restore his body.

The young man agrees and the sorceress burns his tree to the ground. His Human self rises up out of the fire just as he looked before the awful curse that was inflicted on him. Only now he possess supernatural abilities. He is able to armor himself with bark, he is able to unleash tree vines and roots from his body and he is able to establish a mental link with all kinds of plants.

The Living Forest lives through the young man. He is let loose across the realms carrying out the sorceresses tasks. What he and the sorceress do not know however, is that the spirits of the Living Forest are secretly using the young man as a vessel to carry out their own plans.

The name I gave him was Arden.

I designed a character not too long ago, maybe I'll post it in the fanart section one of these days.

This is a basic idea I had for him and it has changed a few times. But it essentially went something like this:

A young man ventures out into the Living Forest in search of his mother and sisters who were abducted by a group of pirate-like people. After searching for a day or two, he demands that the trees help him find his lost relatives. The trees are offended by his request and devour him. His mind is transferred into a vacant tree and he becomes of the living trees.

But in a surprise twist he finds himself rooted into the ground right along side the pirate camp where his family is being held captive. He extends his roots and slaughters the vile men. His mother and sisters do not realize that he is the tree and flee the forest, never to be seen by him again.

For hundreds of years, he remains in the Living Forest as one of its abominations. Until one day a sorceress enters the forest and mentally intercepts the young man's cry for help. She seeks the tree out and after taking pity on him, decides to make a deal with the tree spirit. If he agrees to do ten specific tasks for her, she will free him from the tree and restore his body.

The young man agrees and the sorceress burns his tree to the ground. His Human self rises up out of the fire just as he looked before the awful curse that was inflicted on him. Only now he possess supernatural abilities. He is able to armor himself with bark, he is able to unleash tree vines and roots from his body and he is able to establish a mental link with all kinds of plants.

The Living Forest lives through the young man. He is let loose across the realms carrying out the sorceresses tasks. What he and the sorceress do not know however, is that the spirits of the Living Forest are secretly using the young man as a vessel to carry out their own plans.

The name I gave him was Arden.
Does he look like a ninja or?

By the way, here is what kind of warrior i would want to see: (A druid centaur who fights for good)
500px-Cenarius.png

Does he look like a ninja or?

By the way, here is what kind of warrior i would want to see: (A druid centaur who fights for good)
500px-Cenarius.png

The first design I created for him was a male ninja-like character. But I did one or two after that and both veered away from the ninja look.

Last edited:
I have some ideas of new characters

I'm thinking of a Mafiaso or a gangster type characters who uses dirty tactics such as assult rifles, attack towards the crotch( similer to Cage), and Molotovs I can also see him/her being a product to the invasion of Outworld and acqrire magical powers or mutations that helped him/her rise through the ranks of his/her gang

A mad scientist would be awesome and a great ally to Havik, the scientist mostly uses traps and buffs at the cost of his health or stamnia bar depending on what he injects himself with.

The last one is a freedom fighter of Outworld who can manipulate and travel through sand similar not unlike of the Sandman from Marvel. He/She can change the density of the sand and control whether the sand itself is blunt or sharp, I also can see him/her wearing some middle east garb

Kotal Kahn should fit what you want in that case. @ sub-one.

not if he's a descendant of shao kahn. kinda removes the whole aspect of being a properly represented native american.

Nightwolf was ok, but he was still a bad stereotype nonetheless. to make matters worse he was a shaman on top of it, Native shamans and medicine men weren't warriors. now if he had been a warrior that was blessed or imbued with supernatural powers that would be more fitting. but the history of bad Native american stereotypes prevails and should be undone.

I've always wanted a character that could manipulate the earth. I just think it would be really cool to see in a fighting game. For Mortal Kombat X I'd love for Tremor to be that character, but I'd still be okay with any new and un-rumoured character to have that power.

A new Japanese warrior character similar to Shaolin Monks
images

A yakuza character/clan like Kano Black Dragon clan
images

The_Lonely_Yakuza_by_DragonSamurai2911.jpg

Twins
images

images

A futuristic humanoid/ninja character like Gray Fox from Metal Gear not like the MK cyborgs
images

images

A Roman/Greek style warrior
images

A White Ninja
images

A Samurai
images

images