Variation Discussion

Wha bothers me is that they didn't deal with the smoke, cyrax resets at the time. Still haven't and they never will.

Probably because Cyrax was one of the most used characters in FG tourneys.
I'm pretty sure he still has his broken invisible bombs too.

[MENTION=11963]Kzaoo[/MENTION], the most people got from the reset was 40%, and it cost letter.

I might have been thinking of something else then :laugh:

I can't even remember what day it is, so don't trust me on things like pre patch MK9.

Probably because Cyrax was one of the most used characters in FG tourneys.
I'm pretty sure he still has his broken invisible bombs too.

Cyrax is the second best character in the game. He is still used lmao.

He is also broken and by that, I mean he has weird hitboxes.

I don't know what NRS were thinking regarding this character.

Cyrax has been my main since MK3, and I consider myself to be one if the very few respectable Cyrax players online. I don't use resets, or any stupid setups like that reverse hitbox stuff.

Ah, if you got it, why not use it? I can respect that Cyrax has been your main since his debut... that's the only reason I still play Kano, lol.

I can't wait to see some really good rub combos with Sub-Zero. I'd need to look at a video to see the duration, but I wonder if you can freeze them in the air from full-screen and run over to them to combo. Probably not. Maybe half screen. but it will still be awesome to be able to cash in on some decent damage from a half-screen air freeze.
[MENTION=17630]Minh Giang[/MENTION]

from what i saw, running is pretty fast so i think it's possible to run and combo from full screen, and maximilian said there're some combos that you can freeze opponents twice. :O

Ah, if you got it, why not use it? I can respect that Cyrax has been your main since his debut... that's the only reason I still play Kano, lol.

I feel like resets are just cheap. If someone picks Kung Lao, I might reset them. That's about it though.

from what i saw, running is pretty fast so i think it's possible to run and combo from full screen, and maximilian said there're some combos that you can freeze opponents twice. :O

I saw Max talking about freezing twice, that will be awesome.

Skip to 2:24, Sub's EX Iceball goes through projectiles. :O
[MENTION=11963]Kzaoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=2298]Immortal Reaver[/MENTION] @Mihn Giang

[MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION]
I don't think that was a projectile. It looked like Scorpion used his sword there. That was a trade, I think... or some weird sort of armour that still makes you stumble.

Watching it in 0.25 speed, I'm 90% sure it was a trade, though.

@iViTal
I don't think that was a projectile. It looked like Scorpion used his sword there. That was a trade, I think... or some weird sort of armour that still makes you stumble.

Watching it in 0.25 speed, I'm 90% sure it was a trade, though.

You're right, it traded with the Sword.

I got all hyped for nothing. :cry:

Still, that was some good footage. Germans are complaining like shit, sating that you can't change variation mid match because NRS can't be bothered to let you...

No.

It's cause that would be stupid.

Then they're generalising Americans, and speaking for the whole of Europe. Their lack of knowledge is to be expected, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to sound like you do.

This is aimed at the Commentator on the vid, btw.

Still, that was some good footage. Germans are complaining like shit, sating that you can't change variation mid match because NRS can't be bothered to let you...

No.

It's cause that would be stupid.

Then they're generalising Americans, and speaking for the whole of Europe. Their lack of knowledge is to be expected, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to sound like you do.

This is aimed at the Commentator on the vid, btw.

I agree that switching variation Mid match would be dumb, It would take away the experience of learning a losing match up and would give players too many options within' a single match.

Meh, I wasn't really bothered by the ranting Germans because Team USA swept Team Euro in MK9 at EVO lol. The salt still resides in Europe. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Euro players, Will the PS4 have that stupid region lock thing.

Did you play MK9? That's when the double freeze stopped freezing you. Instead, it takes a bit of health from them. Much more usefull than freezing yourself.
Double Ice Backfire is more pure to the MK identity. And besides, if NRS wants to use Sub-Zero as a punching bag in their media, then why did they drop the Double Ice Backfire?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk