Possible Variations for Returning Characters

BBBLP

Robot Rock
If some of the MK9 roster were to return, (Or a returning Post UMK3 character) what would their variations be?

I'm thinking Sektor would go like this

Stock Specials: Straight Missile, Teleport Uppercut

V1 - Target Acquired: Up Missile, Homing Missile & Air Missile specials added
Aesthetic change: A faint sky blue light can be seen coming from his chest cavity

v2 - Tekunin Master: MK9 Pulse Palm normals and overhead Teleport added
Aesthetic change: Electric pulses can be seen coming from his forearms, teleport has an extra flare to it

v3 - Pyromancer: Flamethrower added, Missiles now deal extra burn damage
Aesthetic change: MK9 flamethrowers attached to his wrists, missiles leave a flame trail

Well I like this thread already. Nice Job with Sektor

Of Course im gonna roll with my boy Kano

Regular Moves: Eye Laser, Knife throw, Kanoball

V1- Knife Play: Knife Throw, Knife Toss (throws 2 knives), Blade Swipe & Blade Spin

V2- Dirty Cheat: Choke hold & Kanoball (all variations)

V3- Mercenary: Eye Laser does more damage, Inner Rage- boost in stamina, Fist of Power- boost in damage dealt

I'll make a few guesses for Mileena. My names are likely going to be cheesy as Hell, but whatever.

Stock Specials: Ball Roll, Teleport Kick

V1 - Tarkatan Savage: Chomp Glomp (similar to her MK9 move where she jumps on someone and gnaws at them), Feral Roar (She pumps her chest gently as she yells for a taunt, giving her health a small increase), Nail Spit (A projectile move of her spitting a few nails at her opponent. Like her old fatality, but reduced to a special move.)
Appearance Change: She is unmasked, exposing her Tarkatan teeth.

V2 - Sai Nut: Energy Sais, Stab Stab Stab (Kind of like Baraka's move where he slashes at the opponent with his blades repeatedly)
Appearance Change: Her Sais are holstered and form an X right on the backside of her waist. When she uses them, they teleport into her hands and glow purple.

V3 - Heir Apparent: Regal Essence (Stun move where she shoots some pink/purple dust at the opponent by snapping her fingers together nonchalantly), Pawn (Like Scorpion's demonic minion. An Outworlder or Tarkatan teleports in quickly, uppercuts the opponent, and teleports out), Plebeian's Punishment (Summons a pink, purple, and gold scepter to whack the opponent with)
Appearance Change: She wears a pink, purple, and black headdress that resembles Shao Kahn's helmet. The rest of her outfit also gains shades of purple and gold to gain a more regal appearance.

(Edited for typos. Silly me.)

Last edited:
Quan Chi

Stock Specials: Skull throw, Rising star kick, overhead stomp

V1 The Necromancer: Summons deceased characters from mk9 similar to Noob's shadow. Kitana fan lift, Jax gotch ya punch, kung lao spin, smoke teleport punch. Zoning

V2 Netherrealm rage: A barrage of 4 to 5 skull throws, nether grip ( green skeleton appears from the ground holding the opponent still) Damage booster. Offensive

V3 The puppeteer: Possessed ( Makes opponent inflict self harm) Zombie crawl ( similar to his one in MK9) Netherscape ( creates temporary portal holes on the floor works similar too Noobs) Skeleton barrier ( Creates a very brief parry in which Quan chi summons a wall of skulls and blasts the opponent with a his green energy blast, kinda like what he did to Raiden in the opening Deception video

I don't know that's the best I could come up with. Would have done my man Sub but we already knows his

Reptile

Stock Specials : Slow Force Ball, Slide, Elbow Dash

V1 - Saurian: Reptile is granted Invisibility and an upper force ball that comes from the sky. Covers his hands and partially up his forearms with acid.

V2 - Pit Master: Slide is replaced with MK4's Super Crawl which pops them up for a combo, which can also be used to duck under projectiles, and adds Fast Force Ball so he has both in his arsenal. Changes his mask to MK4 style

V3 - You have found me!: Reptile is granted his easter egg specials. Spear, Ice Ball, and Teleport Punch. Overpowered? maybe. If not that one then...

V3.1 - Chameleon: Reptile gains an ability to shoot his tongue out to damage people from 3/4 screen. Really quick on start up. Also adds ability to spit acid while airborne. Instant-air acid spits anyone? ;D Make's Reptile look more reptilian, adds a tail.

Tanya

1. Kobu Jutsu (Uses her tonfa blades.)

2. Fire Mage (Uses fireballs and magic.)

3. Boomerang (She uses her boomerang.)

Kai

Stock Specials : Rising fireball, Downward fireball, Lunging roundhouse kick

V1 - Gurkha : Adds the Gurkha knife which has its own set of combos and extends into others. Adds a projectile special - Kukri Wrath : Kai throws his knife towards his opponents, which ricochets off him after impact, returning back to Kai.
Aesthetic Change : A Gurkha knife attached to Kai's belt along with its scabbard.

V2 - White Lotus : Adds lotus aura which minimizes damage and Tiger Claw parries and counters.
Aesthetic Change : The white stripes across Kai's body becomes longer and more prominent with a silvery glow.

V3 - Wanderer : Adds a capoeira/handstand sort of stance which has its own set of combos. Adds a special : Rising heel.
Aesthetic Change : Kai gains a unique head band as opposed to his normal one.

Oooooohhh! I want to try!
I'll do one for jade, but I can't think of names for the variations so somebody help me.

Specials: Projectile immunity(flash), razor rangs, shadow kick, staff based specials

V1: The focus of this variation is the razor rangs. All razor rangs have automatic return, are faster than the standard, (Mk9 speed) and potentially an over head version? Or maybe a delay able version on return? Plus a few added strings involving the use of a razor rang
Staff moves are normalized.

V2: Staff only. Her handy dandy staff is fully extended through out the whole match giving her a variety of new pokes, moves and combos. Razor-Rangs are normalized.

V3: I was thinking maybe a hand to hand only variation? No weapons but a bigger emphasis on her flash and shadow kicks. Every 5 flashes, you get a free enhanced one? We know how much she needs it:(.

Just some ideas!

Johnny Cage

Hollywood: makes narcisstic comments while fighting (i'm so sexy, i'm the greatest...)

Bollywood: sings

Father figure: opponent transforms into Cassie Cage

Raiden -

Stock specials: Torpedo, Electricity, Teleport

V1 - Thundergod:
Adds Shocker MK9 hold move, which can be followed up with another hit afterwards, and adds Projectile cancel, ala MKvsDCU.

Aesthetic: More of an aura about him, kind of similar to the Elder Gods in MK9.

V2 - Dark Raiden:
Adds Vicinity Blast - from MK9 and Electric Slide from MK: DA.
MK: DA Electric slide has an enhanced version with armor, as a wake-up move.

Aesthetic: Dark Raiden look from previous games with red eyes, looks more demented and evil.

V3 - EarthRealm defender:
Adds vertical Torpedo similar to Noob Saibots up-shadow, to defend better against JIP, with an enhanced version also slamming the opponent to the ground.
Adds Lightning Bolt move that hits the ground, where the opponent stands, as a pop-up move (can be charged up).

Aesthetic: MK9 default costume version

Last edited:
Cyrax:

V1: 100% unblockable bombs reset.
V2: inescapable bomb trap.
V3: infinite with command throw.

2169924-kappa.png

Cyrax:

V1: 100% unblockable bombs reset.
V2: inescapable bomb trap.
V3: infinite with command throw.

2169924-kappa.png

Everyone would learn to play as him again and the top 15 players online on tag team will use cyrax as a part of their team and feel like they've accomplished something using cyrax.

Cyrax has been my main since MK3 but I don't use his resets. You get really butthurt about Cyrax, it's funny. There are far worse characters out there.

Last edited:
Johnny Cage

Bravado-Johnny is able to buff himself by performing special taunts
-"Damn I'm good": damage buff
-"I make this look easy": specials are plus on block
-"I'm soo pretty: full armor on wake up specials
-Shadow kick
-Up ball
-Nut punch

Stuntman: all specials become red shadow attacks. All MB verisons are launchers.
-Red shadow kick
-Red Flipkick
-Red Uppercut from MK2(MB flipkick no longer does uppercut)
-Nut punch

Diva: Gives Johnny zoning tools and a parry to ensure no one ruins his beautiful face!
-Mid ball
-Low Ball
-Upball
(MB verisons shoot 2x balls)
-Parry
-Shadow kick

Last edited:
Kitana

V1: Princess
- Pretty kick combos like in MK9
- Graceful fan slices (lots of twirling)
- Teleport move like in MK vs DC

V2: Edenia
- Square wave dive combos
- Fan throw combos (keep the x version where she throws one fan at a time)
- Fan lift

V3: Queen
- Strong rush combos
- More air combos
- Fastest of the variations

Oooooohhh! I want to try!
I'll do one for jade, but I can't think of names for the variations so somebody help me.

Specials: Projectile immunity(flash), razor rangs, shadow kick, staff based specials

V1: The focus of this variation is the razor rangs. All razor rangs have automatic return, are faster than the standard, (Mk9 speed) and potentially an over head version? Or maybe a delay able version on return? Plus a few added strings involving the use of a razor rang
Staff moves are normalized.

V2: Staff only. Her handy dandy staff is fully extended through out the whole match giving her a variety of new pokes, moves and combos. Razor-Rangs are normalized.

V3: I was thinking maybe a hand to hand only variation? No weapons but a bigger emphasis on her flash and shadow kicks. Every 5 flashes, you get a free enhanced one? We know how much she needs it:(.

Just some ideas!

Version 3 should be her fans from MK2 and MK9 (secret boss). Now that list is perfect! ;)

Mileena

1. Sai Jutsu: More attacks are focused on her sais.
2. Maneater: More attacks focus on her beastly features such as chewing on opponents with her teeth.
3. Nympho: She'd use more sexualized moves with her sais, hands, feet, teeth, and weapons. ;)