So what happens at the end of Scorpions fatality?

Maximillian has seen it.

He says he slices off the front of their head. The gore is extremely detailed. They fall over, their brain slowly slides out and their larynx and tongue continue to move, as if they are still trying to scream.

Which makes me wonder why they were fine showing it at demos during the convention for people, but not during E3/IGN presentations.

During the Giant Bomb interview, Ed Boon said there are things he doesn't want the mass public to see just yet. Like Cassie's X-Ray, which involves crushing testicles

Yeah, that makes sense.

Can't wait until the first complaints about MKX given from a "concerned parent" hit the headlines.
-butters popcorn-

Which makes me wonder why they were fine showing it at demos during the convention for people, but not during E3/IGN presentations.

I'm sure it's because they're saving it a bit. The game still has a year to come out, they don't want to ruin every surprise right off the bat, Plus, Boon is the biggest Scorpion fanboy on the planet so I'm sure he'd rather reveal it in a more suspenseful way.

I'm sure it's because they're saving it a bit. The game still has a year to come out, they don't want to ruin every surprise right off the bat, Plus, Boon is the biggest Scorpion fanboy on the planet so I'm sure he'd rather reveal it in a more suspenseful way.

Well idk if you could get more suspenseful than the first live premiere of MKX at Sony's conference of their first and only E3 for it. :p (I think it'll release april/may like every netherrealm game does)

They're not saving it for suspense. If that were the the case, then they wouldn't have shown it to people attending E3, that way there would be no way we'd get any info on it.

From the way Boon sounded during the Giant Bomb interview, he's concerned about the reception he'll get so early on during development. At this point, I think it would be detrimental to the game if NRS are told to cool it down with the gore this early in development.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Can't wait until the first complaints about MKX given from a "concerned parent" hit the headlines.
-butters popcorn-
The ESRB can rerate a game post-release. They did it with GTA:SA in the wake of Hot Coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The ESRB can rerate a game post-release. They did it with GTA:SA in the wake of Hot Coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

That's only because no one knew it was in there until the game was hacked/modded. I don't think Boon and NRS would be stupid enough after the Hot Coffee incident to submit a copy of the game with the violence dumbed down and then release the actual version to the public.

I still stand by my stance that Boon doesn't want to cause a potential shit storm this early.

They didn't show Scorpion's complete fatality in the gameplay demo trailer either in the convention.
If you notice, the trailer cuts out when the heart drops, right before Scorpion is about to slice Sub-Zero's face off.

As for gameplay, the only thing that people see are Cassie's X-Ray (if they know the situation she has to be in, to do it. Likely a defensive X-Ray like Johnny), and there are signs all over the place telling people not to record anything, and that cameras aren't allowed.

As for Scorpion's fatality, no one knows the fatality inputs except for Boon and the NRS guys, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't willy nilly just telling everyone how to do it, especially if Boon wants to keep some things close to the vest.

They didn't show Scorpion's complete fatality in the gameplay demo trailer either in the convention.
If you notice, the trailer cuts out when the heart drops, right before Scorpion is about to slice Sub-Zero's face off.

As for gameplay, the only thing that people see are Cassie's X-Ray (if they know the situation she has to be in, to do it. Likely a defensive X-Ray like Johnny), and there are signs all over the place telling people not to record anything, and that cameras aren't allowed.

As for Scorpion's fatality, no one knows the fatality inputs except for Boon and the NRS guys, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't willy nilly just telling everyone how to do it, especially if Boon wants to keep some things close to the vest.

Actually the movement right now is easy: D+X (on PS4) as it's all easy fatalities until they make moves for them later.

To quote what happens at the end, this is how I've been describing it:

Part was seen on the Sony press conference, but not the whole thing. Here's what happens, I saw it many times.

Scorpion starts the fatality by tossing a fireball through the chest of his victim. Then after the body starts to fall forward Scorpion slices the across of his opponent with his sword (if it's done to Sub-Zero his mask falls off here).

The face then slides off the head of his victim and the everything hits the floor. As it sits on the floor you see the tongue of the victim flapping in the mouth as the remaining part of the victim's brain falls forward onto the floor.

The sounds and visuals of that end bit is so simple and yet gruesome as it sits on the screen for a long amount of time.

Honestly, I expected something much more gross lol... but it is great nonetheless. The only thing I am missing is screaming... ever since MK9, characters seem to not give a shit when a fatality is being performed on them. This is something the new MK games should learn from the 3D MK games. Screaming adds much more satisfaction, but maybe that is just me.

Pretty good looking actually, I really love the way the facial expression changes as the face is falling down, that's really impressive.
[MENTION=5316]MKShao_Kahn[/MENTION] Right on the money, the more the opponent suffers, the better the fatality is. I do remember Scorpion yelling at the top of his lungs when Kotal Kahn did his fatality on him in the E3 reveal trailer so we should stay hopeful.

^^ true, but in the same trailer, Sub-Zero was screaming in pain during Scorpion's fatality, but in-game he was not :/ Like you said, it is still early so no reason to lose hope.

Why would Scorpion be screaming during that? Almost all of his mid section was blown out. He's pretty much already dead when Scorpion slices his face off.

That being said, I love it! It's awesome, it's gory and it's unique to the series.

As I've said in another thread, if you happen to come across videos of executions, VERY RARELY are the victims screaming. It is due to shock.

As for the Fatality, holy shit that detail is freaking impressive. NRS really has set the bar high for this game.