Kotal Kahn... a relative of Shao Kahn? The Konqueror himself?

Kublai Khan to be exact. That was really a clue to Hsu Hao's ethnicity, as Kublai Khan was an ancient Mongolian ruler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
To stand within The Pleasure Dome
Decreed by Kubla Khan
To taste anew the fruits of life
The last immortal man
To find the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
Oh, I will dine on honey dew
And drink the milk of Paradise

Hold up hold up

Guys in the MK9 raiden ending when hea bowing to the elder fods one of the is an EXACT MATCH to kotal kahn.

Just sayin.

Considering the Aztec vibe, I have a feeling this guy might be the Elder God that Nightwolf invokes when he summons lightning and his divine death light. Especially since this dude also summons burning showers of light and stuff. Just a theory though.

It has to have something to do with Shao Kahn. It's like assuming that Cassie Cage has nothing to do with Johnny. They wouldn't use the same last name for a completely new character, regardless of what he is.

It has to have something to do with Shao Kahn. It's like assuming that Cassie Cage has nothing to do with Johnny. They wouldn't use the same last name for a completely new character, regardless of what he is.

Unless that "last name" is nothing more than a title. Which it is in real life.

Yeah, if it's like the title in real life, which I don't think so, maybe he's a successor or something like that. I'm really curious.

I guess we'll find out when they talk more about him. But Boon has been avoiding talking about MKX's story. And has definitely said little to nothing on Kotal Kahn. What I did notice though is that when he talks about descendants of past characters, he never mentions Kotal. Only Cassie. So I'm thinking Kahn is just a title in the MK universe.

Who the big bad is?

Ed boon: ..."It's gonna be a fun surprise returning character"

I have the feeling that the final boss is gonna be Shao Kahn.

Last edited:
Kotal Kahn being a relative to Shao Kahn would just be too easy and a rip off.
Being a what would be a good twist is if he was actually a good guy/anti-hero

just a thought

Well we know that he's some kind of God based on his fighting variations. OMG what if he's HUNTING gods and absorbing their powers? That would make sense seeing as how gods in the MK universe only have one power/element where he has 3!

I think Kotal is a "sun god", which would make sense seeing as how he is inspired by Aztec and Mayan culture, which were both Sun cultures.
Th whole "kahn" name is kinda odd and i hope he doesn't end up being somehow connected to Shao kahn, but who knows.

I don't think Kotal Kahn is a relative because if he is than Shao Kahn has Aztec blood but Shao Kahn is from the Outworld. What I do know is Kotal Kahn is Aztec. The uniform looks like the Aztec God of War but the only thing is not right Kotal Kahn has a wooden sword but God of War always has in painting and Aztec writing in carvings in temples a snake like sword. Ed even stated at an interview he is like a Aztec warrior but why hide Aztec God of War by not saying it? images.jpg serge___almighty_huitzilopochtli_by_team4taken-d5l8gpn.jpg

With Kotal Kahns' fatality pretty much ripping the opponents heart out, it breaks my heart to think Kano will not be in the game as a playable character. :evil::evil::evil::evil:
I know it tos soon to tell but hopefully i get to see him as an aged man and find out what happens to him.

Kotal Kahn being a relative to Shao Kahn would just be too easy and a rip off.

Explain to me how Kotal would be a "rip off" if he were related to Shao Kahn in some way... Cause I really don't get that logic.

With Kotal Kahns' fatality pretty much ripping the opponents heart out, it breaks my heart to think Kano will not be in the game as a playable character. :evil::evil::evil::evil:
I know it tos soon to tell but hopefully i get to see him as an aged man and find out what happens to him.

Kano being absent from MKX would not be the worst thing ever. Honestly I kinda hope he isn't in it. He brought nothing to the table post MK1. And MK9 turned him into a glorified lackey. The Kano ship has sailed and sunk.

Kotal's obvious aztec and mayan influences, look, and variations really set him apart from Shao Kahn in every way. I think it's probably on the safer side to say Kahn is just a title in some way. Even his fatality is based on that old mythology of "they'd eat the hearts of the warriors they killed to absorb their strength (Soul sometimes)" I love his name though Kotal....Kotal...Mortal Kombat?...Kotal... I'd love to see some gameplay on him though...