Taking Questions For Our Coverage of MKX at E3 2014

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
For the past 16 years TRMK has always tried to attend E3 to bring our readers the details on the yet to be released games from the Mortal Kombat series first hand. This year is no exception, as we will be there to check out <a href="http://trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_X">Mortal Kombat X</a> first hand for you readers once again.

There are already banners up <a href="http://i.imgur.com/mPMLvMB.jpg">around downtown Los Angeles</a> and <a href="http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114957013&postcount=559">inside the LA Convention Center</a> advertising the game.

We haven't seen what WB's booth looks like yet. But going by history we can draw a few assumptions. The last two NetherRealm games have been presented at E3 in a demo theatre for the public all week long. After a short wait in line you'll get to see one of the game's producers or designers walks you through the game. They were even giving out the red X-Ray shirts during this. The games are also only typically playable for media at the show as well, so hopefully like years past we'll be able to check it out.

We're also gearing up to be able to do a few interviews with the people behind the game. So submit your questions to us in the comments below, and we'll take the best questions and try to get them answered.

E3 2014 starts on Tuesday at Noon Pacific! Check back later that day for updates and be sure to <a href="http://www.facebook.com/trmk">like us on Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.twitter.com/trmk">follow us on Twitter</a> for live updates from the show floor! We also advise <a href="http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2014_Press_Conferences">following along with Sony and Microsofts E3 2014 Press Conferences</a> on Monday, as you'll never know where the game will show up!

Last edited:
Official TRMK E3 Questions Thread

Didn't see anything around, so I figured I should post this as I think this is really important.

So as most of you know, Pat has informed us all that TRMK will be live and on scene at E3 this year. I want to make this thread for questions that fellow users want the TRMK representatives to ask at E3, if they get the chance.

I'll begin with:
1. What is the Story? Is it going directly off of MK9? Will Shinnok be the boss, as teased in the MK9 ending?
2. Which Sub-Zero is in the trailer? Bi-Han or Kuai? And how is that possible for either, if the former became Noob and the latter became a cyborg.
3. Will there be any differences in current gen/next gen iterations of the game, besides graphical, such as game modes, kontent, game engine.
4. How will the single player experience be like? What single player modes are there going to be? Is the story mode from last game returning, as well as the ladder mode?
5. Is the Krypt returning? Are there going to be more unlockable characters and stages in this game?

Re: Official TRMK E3 Questions Thread

1. What is the Story? Is it going directly off of MK9? Will Shinnok be the boss, as teased in the MK9 ending?
2. Which Sub-Zero is in the trailer? Bi-Han or Kuai? And how is that possible for either, if the former became Noob and the latter became a cyborg.
You know Boon will not answer these questions, right?

My question is:
What exactly "a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy" and "Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style" means?

You pretty much asked most of what I had in mind with a strong emphasis about the Sub-Zero.

1, Also, what kind of roster can we expect?

2, Does this game follow the events of MK9?

3, Did those characters from MK9 actually die?

4, Will Sub-Zero ever kill Scorpion in a promo?

My question : Will we see new/developed iterations of the post MK3 characters like Kai, Shujinko etc or will we be seeing completely new characters in their place?

I'm not counting on them spilling the beans on anything overly important so I have one question...

Why are female kharacters portrayed as big breasted strippers? I feel this needs to be answered. Overly "sexy" female kharacters only make the game immature, tacky and misogynistic.

I'm not counting on them spilling the beans on anything overly important so I have one question...

Why are female kharacters portrayed as big breasted strippers? I feel this needs to be answered. Overly "sexy" female kharacters only make the game immature, tacky and misogynistic.

I think that's clear. They're trying to appeal to the preverts.

My question will be "Is there gonna be an online tournament mode whatsoever?" And also, "Is Harakiri ever making a return in the game?"

Lmao Well, Mileena is understandable and also Skarlet somewhat, but the others DO need a major outfit overhaul...

Hopefully this will get taken and asked at E3 as I think this would be amazing. Will Kreate a Fighter return in MKX?

1. any guest characters?
2. is every character going to look like they've been lifting weights non stop 8 days a week for 20 years?(a la mk9)
3. is the challenge TOWER returning?
4. new fight stick?

Hopefully this will get taken and asked at E3 as I think this would be amazing. Will Kreate a Fighter return in MKX?

Given that it's said that we will get different character variations, I sure as hell hope not.
Kreate A Fighter was garbage, and I hope it stays out of MK forever.

4, Will Sub-Zero ever kill Scorpion in a promo?

:laugh:
Of course not.
This is NRS we're talking about.
Ed would sacrifice his own child before he'd ever let the NRS mascot lose to Sub-Zero.

Last edited:

On top of the roster number...

1 - What does it mean when it says different variations of characters?

2 - Will we finally get a full sized Mortal Kombat Artbook with this release?

Are we looking at 30 or 60 fps?

Also how will you guys be taking advantage of the new-gen tech?

Great thread!

My question is:
"Will the gameplay be more or less competitive worry than its last installment, Mortal Kombat 9?"