Page 1304 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 30480412041254129413001301130213031304
Results 26,061 to 26,078 of 26078

Thread: Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Official Mortal Kombat X Media Thread

Good idea. I'll get this ball rolling.
    There's nothing to discuss since none of them have either boobs or clothing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    That's the problem. We run out of topics. It is so bad, that we have to talk about some fan made characters and negative effects on MK community.

Next thing you know, we will start talking about how MK female breast size and clothing.
    There was a slight chance for the thread to be relevant again with people wondering if anything would be announced for the 25th anniversary of MK at E3, or just in general in regards to MK.
    I do find it funny that Boon had a Tweet long ago saying that KP3 isn't dead because Injustice 2 was announced (paraphrasing), and that's EXACTLY what happened.
    Injustice 2 = R.I.P MKX / XL

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

People jump ship all the time. When MK11 happens, it'll be R.I.P Injustice 2.

PSN
    therealkadell
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Should I just do a daily questionnaire leading up to the reveal of MK11 similar to how Kitty did one leading up to MKX (though mine would be more like every other day leading up to the release)? Or heck, if she wants, Kitty could make a new one.

Twitter
    @TheMadAsylum
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Good idea. I'll get this ball rolling.
    There's nothing to discuss since none of them have either boobs or clothing.
    They should do more loose clothing for MK11. Just to piss off SJW. While I was a very strong advocate for proper attire in MKX, that shit was blown out of proportion by certain SJW elements and that led to bullshit like SF5 censoring.

The only NRS problem was, that they go for complete extremes. They don't know what a is balance. Either they make sexy outfits with high heels, and man faces on women, or they try to be super realistic and make mileena's head massive compared to her body or create giraffe necks.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    People jump ship all the time. When MK11 happens, it'll be R.I.P Injustice 2.
    Yeah, but aside from MK9, the Injustice games seem to last a bit longer in the tournament scene, which also helps keep the game more relevant and helps gain more interest in it.
    As much as I'm not a tournament fighter myself, I do like to watch them, and for once it would be nice to have an MK game which lasts longer than 1 year before NRS drops support for it and is like "Bye, Felicia. On to the next game."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Yeah, but aside from MK9, the Injustice games seem to last a bit longer in the tournament scene, which also helps keep the game more relevant and helps gain more interest in it.
    As much as I'm not a tournament fighter myself, I do like to watch them, and for once it would be nice to have an MK game which lasts longer than 1 year before NRS drops support for it and is like "Bye, Felicia. On to the next game."
    Good points. But still, every time NRS releases a new game, people jump for the next big thing. Most of the playerbase are casuals, they dick around for few months in story mode/single player, run around like headless chickens in the krypt, play some online and then drop the game. The competitive guys didn't really like MKX (just read TYM...), and jumped ship a long time ago.

MKX support has been pretty decent. Yeah the PC thing was atrocious but that's what we get when the guys doing the porting were too busy jerking each other off, with WB being their supervisors and Ed Boon not really giving a shit. The patches, content, prize pools were good. Controversial for screwing around with something that works (KOTAL...), but it's a patch nonetheless.

I personally got so bored of the 1v1 fighters there is no way I'm going to try I2. Watched the story "movie" on YT and that's it. At its core it's still the same thing. Have a 1v1 fight, cutscene, DONE. The rest of the gimmick modes are basically living towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    They should do more loose clothing for MK11. Just to piss off SJW. While I was a very strong advocate for proper attire in MKX, that shit was blown out of proportion by certain SJW elements and that led to bullshit like SF5 censoring.

The only NRS problem was, that they go for complete extremes. They don't know what a is balance. Either they make sexy outfits with high heels, and man faces on women, or they try to be super realistic and make mileena's head massive compared to her body or create giraffe necks.
    Don't care, they can be naked or wearing burqas. Female characters make like what, 25% of the roster? The female playerbase is in single digits. Minority by all definitions. Playerbase and roster. These virtual video game characters for some reason (other than virgins being virgins) always stir up the most controversy: boobs are too big, hips are too wide, high heels, not enough women, not enough clothing, not enough realism, not enough fat, not enough *shit*.

It's an over-exaggerated video game targeted primarily at teenagers, not a guide, a code to live by or a set of morals.

I just make fun of them whenever I get the chance. Remember when NRS artist came out and said "we're doing this for REALISM! ! !"? So hilarious and contrived. Skinny midget women fighting men 50 times bigger than them, win and pull their spinal cords out. Realism
    Last edited by Xenon; 07-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Call me a naive idiot, but I still believe there will be MKXL DLC coming out in fall/winter.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/880765105927008258

His "story mode..." tweet apparently didn't refer to I2?
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17921&dateline=1404329533

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Part of me is hoping that his "story mode" Tweet is either in reference to a sequel to Shaolin Monks or a similar standalone game in that vein.
    Shaolin Monks was essentially a non-cannon "story mode" / konquest mode type of game, technically.
    Yes, I know........ I'm pulling at straws or whatever.

Perhaps his Shaolin Monks HD Tweet / reference 4 years ago was just more trolling on his part.
    Who knows?
    https://twitter.com/noobde/status/39...658944?lang=en

Unfortunately though, over the years, I've learned that I should never be too optimistic or get my hopes up about what Boon means with his Tweets.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The crazy thing is though that in a similar fashion he tweeted "Sub-Zero and Raiden" 1+ years ago (https://twitter.com/noobde/status/71...332032?lang=cs) and it turned out to be Injustice 2 DLC when I2 wasn't even announced at that time and in regards to MKX the tweet made no sense. So him now tweeting "story mode..." without any context and basically denying the tweet is referencing Injustice 2, imo means it's related to MKXL. He never denied they couldn't do a story mode dlc (ie. new chapters) for MKXL. He just said they wouldn't do it probably, because it would be a lot of work. We know they already started working on their next project whatever that is. But people really wanted KP3, which was planned apparently, but put on a hold and imo not cancelled. "I2 didn't kill KP3 DLC" he tweeted and then the picture with KP3 being thrown out the window. I think they got back to KP3 and will make it bigger akin to a MKXXL addon. There's no reason why they couldn't have been working on this slowly along with I2 and now that I2 is out and they just have I2 DLC left they have more time and resources for KP3. They know they gotta put out something for the anniversary or at least announce it and this Story Mode pack everyone wants is much easier to create than an entirely new game - be it Shaolin Monks 2 or MK11. Not to mention MK11, if it wants to offer something, is many years away. You can't top the content MKXL offers. Very hard to do without arrival of next-gen PS5/X2. So they do KP3 instead. Plus it works story-wise too. KP3 can wrap up Mortal Kombat story easily by stopping Raiden and resolving everything. After that happens there's not many places the MK story can go. Think about it...
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17921&dateline=1404329533

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

I don't think they'd do the whole Dark Raiden / Empress Kitana / Emperor Liu Kang story in just a DLC, though.
    Maybe a side-story DLC is possible for MKX/XL, but I don't see why they wouldn't save that specific story for the next game and just sell a full $60 game from that story and another full roster.
    Plus, if NRS learned anything from Armageddon (which I'd like to think that they did), it's that they don't want to write themselves into a corner again, which is why I also don't see most of the events leading up to Armageddon happening.
    The timeline has shifted ever since they did the whole 25 years into the future thing.
    It's likely the reason why we got 8 new characters in MKX and a new storyline after Shinnok was trapped (again), and there's still plenty that can be done with Kotal Kahn's story as Outworld ruler going forward, not to mention characters like Ferra / Torr and Erron Black, which can also be vastly expanded on.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Well, they could sell the story DLC for $30. And then release it under MK XXL for $60 another year later with KP1/KP2 included as well. I think people would buy it. That way they could milk the game even more. The game was a huge success. It's WB. They go after money. It's not unrealistic. The Dark Raiden/Kitana/Liu Kang arch isn't that big to not be made in a year+ time and included as DLC. It would complete the game's story, which felt slightly unfinished. They could resolve it and then start somewhat fresh again with MK11 in 3-5 years. I doubt people want to wait that long. They did learn something from Armageddon for sure, but not everything. Every year there are greater demands in the industry for a much larger and more complex scope. Can you imagine a MK game twice as robust as MKXL? MKXL comes close to Armageddon without overdoing it. The 3rd KP would be pushing it to the limits while maintaining the game's integrity. There's not much they can do now. Either KP3 or an MK adventure game. I say they do both with KP3 coming first. MK11 won't be here for a while. I think the Story DLC could bring the MKXL lore to closure and provide NRS with a clean slate for next-gen where they can restart DA style with even more new characters while focusing on the new ones introduced in MKXL that have been ignored. Just makes more sense to me this way. Dunno.

Emperor of Outworld theincubuslord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

I'll believe it when I see it. As always. All this conspiracy crafting was never my thing, and honestly, I have no reason to believe that NRS will make anything new for MKXL.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

Are you serious? You honestly think they're working on MKX DLC and Injustice DLC at the same time? Say they finish Injustice DLC, you think they'll go backwards to work on a 2 year old game?

Common sense dude, I know you're optimistic but god damn

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Give me one reason why it's a good idea to churn out more DLC for a game that's a ghost town (MKX). I also don't see anything on Ed's twitter.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

@Mr. Ice

Dunno.
    An MK adventure game makes more sense to me than KP3, at this point.
    Had this been pre-Injustice 2, I'd probably agree with you, but it seems like everyone has moved on to Injustice 2 and after Sub-Zero comes out they'll be announcing Fighter Pack 2 with Raiden in it.

As it is, with MKX I feel like I'm 1 of the few people out there who still does Faction Wars, and that's because I'm hoping my faction can win so that I can get the last Faction Kill that I'm missing.

EDIT:

Plus, this Tweet from last year (if it's to be believed and not just another Boon troll post) hints more at the possibility of an HD remaster of Shaolin Monks.

Shaolin Monks remaster possible.jpg
    Last edited by Commander; 07-11-2017 at 09:46 AM.

PSN
    therealkadell
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

If they do make an adventure style MK Game or a remaster/remake to Shaolin Monks, I just hope it's still as difficult as their other MK adventure games and stick with the old save system. Too many games these days have been getting easier with each iteration. This is why the final fight with Shinnok wasn't as impactful (personally) as it was being frustrated with fighting Shao Kahn for nearly an hour at the end of MK9.

Another thing they can do is port all of the PS2 MK games onto the PS4 for $15 each with Trophies and allow the games to be backwards compatible with the XBox One once they since that'll be a thing now for XBone users.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Speaking of MKX / XL, is anyone else getting errors going into the Faction War page?

I tried to go on last night to do the daily challenges for the faction and have been getting errors.
    It's just constantly refreshing faction war status and when I cancel that I get a message saying "there is an error with the faction server, options that require the server have been disabled."

Page 1304 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 30480412041254129413001301130213031304

Thread Information