Advice on building a pc.

D3THF15T

So I havn't been on here much in the last year due to being in a metaphorical meat grinder and dealing with some self generated drama.. As my life has been unstable and my time occupied, my goals and hobbies have been neglected.

I am back for two reasons: 1st) potential MK game on the horizon. 2nd) I need some help putting together a pc.

First off I want to make it clear that I'm looking to build a pc that is suitable for making games and editing videos. I have a hand me down laptop that can't be unplugged and tends to overheat when I watch videos or try to do anything beyond general web browsing. I need to have a reliable and effective set up that I can experiment with without fear of freezing up or accidentally shutting down.

If anyone has tips or suggestions on what I should look for (or where to look) I would appreciate it.

I don't have a budget on for this yet but thinking around 1,000-1,500 but might go to 2 if my research leads me that way.

Ya, I hear ya on the MK thing. Hopefully it's one that is unforgettable.

Now about the PC, it is a difficult but mostly fun habit.

I would suggest you check out the following site

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/

Its very comprehensive in the way it is laid out in front of you. I know sometimes I get a brain-freeze, and that site really helps.

I would recommend assembly the first time around, as it is "easier"

But if you're more advanced, you might want to learn how microchips works (also called transistors)

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/transistor3.htm

I cannot find the specific tutorial for some reason, but it is on the site, as I have it printed. Not that I understand anything lol.

Ya If you have a habit for PCs and Laptops, why not the way I see it. Certainly people that are intricately aware of these things make a lot of money in real life.

Ya If you have a habit for PCs and Laptops, why not the way I see it. Certainly people that are intricately aware of these things make a lot of money in real life.

I have a general understanding of what computer components are but don't work on them much. The hobbies I was referring to were basically anything that wasn't my job, sleep, or drama... I was looking for more info about specs and such tuned for the purpose mentioned or direction to anywhere with that goal in mind. I just want reliable parts and the power to run game dev software smooth.

I googled around some stuff and read about similar set ups but being less savvy than those ppl I thought it best to just ask around rather than order parts based on someone else's desired specs.