Say YES/NO to MK characters coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKShao_Kahn

Which MK Characters Should Come Back in the Future Mortal Kombat Games??

So this is an idea I got from the MKO forums and I thought it would be nice to have something like this going on the TRMK as well (especially now with the anticipation of a sequel to MK9). In this thread we will basically go through each MK character and we will have a vote whether or not this character should be brought back. You are free to consider any aspects of the given character.

RULES:
- You can only vote once for each character
- You can only vote "YES" or "NO"
- You are very welcome to state your reasoning
- Roughly two days for a round

RESULTS SO FAR:

Ashrah: 15-3 YES!
Baraka: 15-2 YES!
Blaze: 1-11 NO!

Last edited:
ROUND 1: ASHRAH

Ashrahbio2.jpg

Ashrah is a demon from the Netherrealm who has found the means of purifying her soul by slaying other demons with a holy sword. She was introduced in Mortal Kombat Deception as one of the 9 new characters. She had 4 special moves including a short-range projectile, an upward projectile as well as vertical and horizontal spin attacks. The holy sword Kriss from her story appeared as her weapon style. She was featured in the konquest mode of Mortal Kombat Deception, where she encounters Shujinko and teaches him her fighting techniques. She explains to him that by slaying Ermac, she would finally be able to ascend from the Netherrealm. In Mortal Kombat Armageddon, she develops a new rivalry with the vampire Nitara. As a denizen of the Netherrealm and a former member of the Brotherhood of Shadow, there is a possibility of her reappearance in the next Mortal Kombat game.

So, what do you think guys, should Ashrah come back?

In my opinion, Ashrah is one of the few decent characters introduced in Mortal Kombat Deception. Her storyline was quite interesting - a demon that purifies herself by slaying other demons with a holy sword. Her design was also unique - I was never able to grasp why people considered her to be a "female Raiden" - Ed Boon himself was quite surprised about that as seen in Ashrah's trading card video. I absolutely loved her voodoo fatality and can't imagine how cool it could look on today's consoles. While she was never a popular character among MK fans, she was not hated either - that is why I believe she should get a second chance as I am confident the MK team could do wonders with her, because she does have great potential.
Therefore I vote YES for Ashrah.

Last edited:
Ashrah:

-Yes
- She has much potential IF she could get a nice Kensi revamp, and I'd prefer her other non-slutty costume as a primary costume (with some modifications, so that it isn't too Raiden-like).

MK Deception Ashrah.jpg

God NO!

All her moves are copies except for her Gadouken (and that's only unique as it's inferior to all other projectiles), her appearance is a Raiden copy and her plot has little relevance in the game.

Totally non essential character.

Last edited:
YES - because why not. I like her alternate outfit though, its not slutty at all compared to other outfits in MK. but she would need a serious revamp and unique moves

YES - because why not. I like her alternate outfit though, its not slutty at all compared to other outfits in MK. but she would need a serious revamp and unique moves

THIS!

If they can revamp characters like Kenshi and Smoke, they can do the same with Ashrah. Plus Ashrah should be the model by which female characters should dress...not Mileena!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

So far it is 4-1
Things are looking good for our Netherrealm demon Ashrah

The round will go on for at least a day or two as we need to give a chance to all active members to have a say. Keep voting please :)

Never liked her. Found her annoying as hell in Konquest, plus her story was never appealing to me.

So that's a no, sorry guys.

So that's a no, sorry guys.

Don't ever be sorry for wanting or not wanting something in an MK game.

Despite the wrongful attitude of some people around here that opinions are wrong, and who act like only their opinions matter, opinions are never wrong.

continuing on what I said, I actually think Ashrah's alternate outfit is one of the prime examples of how females in this game SHOULD be dressed. it manages to be sexy while not being overly slutty at the same time

Exactly! Would you rather have a Princess Zelda, or a Jenna Jameson?

EDIT: Stupid Tapatalk giving me Jeff Greason quotes or whatever when I try to quote someone's post! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Nice thread.

Ashrah - YES!

As already stated earlier, I feel she has a decent enough story and look. Perhaps with a revamp of her abilities she could be quite appealing. She has good story potential too, considering the Netherealm involvement in the MK 4 storyline which could also possibly help route in Shujinko, one of my favorites.

Does anyone still remember when Smoke was a Scorpion copycat? Hmmm?

Yes but he had theme's to make new moves easy. Smoke and teleports, that's something you can build on and use. Ashrah doesn't have more than up, down projectiles and Kung Lao's spin to her name. I don't see any way to branch out there.

General themes like ice, wind, telekinesis or characters who have at least a couple of unique moves have a basis to be built upon. You can’t work with nothing.

Last edited:
Yes but he had theme's to make new moves easy. Smoke and teleports, that's something you can build on and use. Ashrah doesn't have more than up, down projectiles and Kung Lao's spin to her name. I don't see any way to branch out there.

General themes like ice, wind, telekinesis or characters who have at least a couple of unique moves have a basis to be built upon. You can’t work with nothing.

I will have to argue with you on that one - I think Ashrah has a lot of potential move-wise, the MK team just failed to make her movelist interesting in MKD-MKA. There is that magic theme to her, but besides that, I think you could easily incorporate voodoo into her moves to make her completely distinguishable from other kombatants.

6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.