Say YES/NO to MK characters coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tally the final round of votes in an hour and a half, so for the last time, if there's any last minute votes, please make them NOW!

Can I say YES to both?

BTW... Food for thought... What if the character names in game were changed, ie Sub-Zero's name changed to K.L., Noob's to B.H. and Scorpion's to H.H.? Would that confuse people?

Can I say YES to both?

BTW... Food for thought... What if the character names in game were changed, ie Sub-Zero's name changed to K.L., Noob's to B.H. and Scorpion's to H.H.? Would that confuse people?

Yes Sir, both is an option.

As for your second statement, honestly, I would love that. Especially since there are more than one canonically, playable, incarnations of each of those characters (minus Scorpion), I think addressing them by their real names will make things better. Also, Smoke would be T.V.

Cool, then I'll vote for both. Love both of them too much to pick just one.

Sweet. I'm happy you like it. Honestly, I wasn't really sure if I should bring this up, but... I think now would be the perfect time for it. It would really shake things up and IMHO move the series forward. Make it more mature and serious in a way. But I doubt Ed would allow it. I wish we got it at least as an option in the menu.

Tbh, I think with the exception of Smoke and Scorpion, almost everyone on this forum refers to Sub-Zero and Noob as their real names. It's better for clarification purposes amongst hardcores like us.

Yeah, at least give real names to these two. It would make them stand out from everyone else in the roster. They could interact more together as well.

Personally, I'd do Mythologies 2...
...just with the two of them, having Scorpion/Smoke/Ermac/Reptile/Tremor/Sektor/Cyrax/Quan/Shang/Sareena only as cameos, and focusing purely on the history of Han and Lang, the Shadow Brotherhood and the Lin K. What was before MK1, what was between each game and what will happen in the future. I would also bring in the Saibot part of Noob into the picture and make it possibly playable on its own in one segment - thus the player having control of Han, Lang and Saibot throughout the game as the story would progress.

Shame that Ed will never do it though. A bit risky in this day and age. Plus I'm not really sure he has what it takes to pull it off. I wish John was on the team to deliver. It would be spectacular. Just imagine it with today's graphics.

Still, the chances after MKX are there - even without John. They might be low, but they exist.

Personally, I believe they'll do a Shaolin Monks game again instead and tie it with MKX's story (if Liu is indeed a Dark Demi-God).

With a vote of 17-1... Bi-Han gets a YES!

Out of the 17 YES Votes, 11 voted for NOOB, 3 voted for DON'T CARE, 2 voted for BOTH, and 1 vote for SUB-ZERO.

Well guys, that's it, thanks for following me along this journey. Special Thanks to [MENTION=5316]MKShao_Kahn[/MENTION] for starting this thread, and most importantly thank you to all the users for voting. I hope [MENTION=12697]vetalfox[/MENTION] can update his select screen that he made with "YES" Characters ASAP.

Feel free to discuss the results!

Well guys, that's it, thanks for following me along this journey. Special Thanks to [MENTION=5316]MKShao_Kahn[/MENTION] for starting this thread, and most importantly thank you to all the users for voting.
Thanks for keeping this going so long. It's been fun.

was hoping this would go until the game came out this was a fun thread lol.

I believe it will go on, covering the non-canon characters like Tremor, Hydro and Hornbuckle.

I think we should also do another vote for Nitara, because she's the only character that ended in a tie.

A 'Versus' thread might also be a fun way to help through the wait to MKX.

That's a good idea, i just made a "your ideal roster thread" so everyone gets the chance to write what they would like there roster to look like, if they didn't get the chance to express how they feel here considering this thread feel's like it ended a bit abruptly..
but i can see it getting a bit tiresome. The Verses vote thread may be a much better idea.

The question is, should we use every single MK known to date,
or just the ones that made it in this thread/confirmed for MKX.

Well if it's a verses thread we would be restricting ourselves of more possible fights.
so i think a vs thread would be best if it's unrelated to this thread imo

Well if it's a verses thread we would be restricting ourselves of more possible fights.
so i think a vs thread would be best if it's unrelated to this thread imo

Agreed.

So every character then, to make it as long as possible.

Then, we could take all the winners and pit them against each other in final rounds until there's one fighter left. Set up kind of like '8 Player Kombat' in MKT

So how do we choose the rounds?

Just randomly pick who goes against who?
Or should we choose the battle we think would be best?

It would be a shame if we didn't have a Scoprion vs Sub-Zero round...

Status
Not open for further replies.