Say YES/NO to MK characters coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir, that's all the more reason to bring him back and do him justice.

True. But sadly, NRS kinda decided that they want nothing to do with him. Or so it seems by his extremely small cameos in MK9. Kinda sucks, updated Motaro could kick some serious arse.

True. But sadly, NRS kinda decided that they want nothing to do with him. Or so it seems by his extremely small cameos in MK9. Kinda sucks, updated Motaro could kick some serious arse.

So you like the idea of Motaro making a comeback, but voted NO anyway?

giphy.gif

Huge NO for Motaro in MKX, even as an undead like Liu Kang in Deception. Rest in peace Motaro!

I want to see new sub-boss in MKX, but no another Shokan and no another Centaurian. Could be Minotaur, but not 2-legged Motaro. Someone new.

I voted no because it seems unlikely.

This thread is about whether you want characters to come back or not. It isn't about whether you think that the character will be in or not.

I vote YES for Motaro. MK9 did him an injustice (pun intended), so I'd like to see him redeemed, even if I know it probably won't happen.

I really want shinnok. The last time we saw him (playable) was in the ps2 era. I want to see what these new game engines will do for him. And then I want lira to return and skarlet to return

D'vorah time

I really want shinnok. The last time we saw him (playable) was in the ps2 era. I want to see what these new game engines will do for him. And then I want lira to return and skarlet to return

D'vorah time

looks like your new! This thread here we are going through the characters Alphabetically. We are currently on Motaro! Shinnok and Skarlet in due time. Lira? I assume you mean Kira has passed!

YES to Motaro, simply because I despise the treatment he is getting from the MK team - I mean I understood it would be more difficult to make him 4-legged on a 3D plane in MK Armageddon, but I know that if they actually spent some time on it, they could have made him a sub-boss in MK9 alongside Goro and Kintaro. Just have some features like X-rays disabled. It is really a shame that he was the ONLY MK1-UMK3 character to be absent from the roster, because he played such a huge role in MK3.

So instead of trying to make amends and take some time to work on Motaro, the MK team deconfirms him right away via twitter... I can't express enough how disappointed I am about this, considering Motaro could have been the most badass MK sub-boss in history with today's technology.

I wanted him to be in aswell, but I get Boons point about the difficulty in making Motaro. How would characters jump over him? How would he react to air projectiles whilst jumping? How would he even jump? How much of the screen would he take up? I am sure there probably could have been a way, but id imagine it would have took a lot of time

I wanted him to be in aswell, but I get Boons point about the difficulty in making Motaro. How would characters jump over him? How would he react to air projectiles whilst jumping? How would he even jump? How much of the screen would he take up? I am sure there probably could have been a way, but id imagine it would have took a lot of time

Jumping over Motaro could result in him grabbing you, then throwing you.
If you try to teleport behind him, he donkey kicks you're ass, knocking you back to the front (similar to Rain's kick move)
Motaro would not take any damage from projectiles.
Goro and Kintaro could not jump.

just some examples

Jumping over Motaro could result in him grabbing you, then throwing you.
If you try to teleport behind him, he donkey kicks you're ass, knocking you back to the front (similar to Rain's kick move)
Motaro would not take any damage from projectiles.
Goro and Kintaro could not jump.

just some examples

Yes but because of how big his size would be, could characters launch him in the air? And how would an air fan look on a giant horse-man in the air? Unless he has permanent armor and stays on the ground.

As for the grabbing, thats a pretty good idea. But overall it feels like it would be extremely difficult to do

Waaay too many human kharacters in a world filled with non-humans.
A big YES to the original 4 legged version. A lot can be done with
him AND he's a representative of an entire race of humanoids!
Kinda essential if you want to open up the world and deal with
larger scale events. That's why Sheeva will also get a YES from
me.

Yes but because of how big his size would be, could characters launch him in the air? And how would an air fan look on a giant horse-man in the air? Unless he has permanent armor and stays on the ground.

As for the grabbing, thats a pretty good idea. But overall it feels like it would be extremely difficult to do

what would be so hard about the grabbing? If you attempt to jump over him, it gives him a free grab. (similar to Jax)
That seems fairly easy to do.

as for his size, it wouldn't be that hard to work around.
any move that involves launching him in the air wouldn't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.