Resident Evil 7

Critical-Limit

No official things yet. (I'll update first post with news, and info)

All we have are a lot of clues.

Capcom said they have a game coming out @ E3, that will sell like 5 1/2 million copies. That is almost exactly what Resident Evil 6 sold. And Resident Evil is Capcom's biggest Cash Cow at the moment.

these are the Rumors for the game so far(Note: Rumors, these are subject to change)

Alice may appear in the game. (BETTER NOT BE IN THE STORY, I CAN PARTIALLY ACCEPT HER BEING IN MERCS, but I still don't like it.)

Claire may be the protagonist.

Mercenaries will feature All-Star Cast. So expect pretty much everyone in Resident Evil to be a selectable character in multiplayer.

Leon + Hunnigan's voice actors confirmed to be voicing for something, surprising timing ;)

I hope they take out as many QTE that they put into RE6, and replace that number with the same amount of puzzles.

Nothing as awesome as solving a puzzle as you are being chased by something powerful.

Last edited:
Disagree co op can be done right, it just hasn't lol.

Good example IMO, is lost in nightmare, that dlc add on for resident evil 5.

Low amount of enemies, each one put you in danger in one hit. Pretty sure you couldn't kill them, only stun. You had to use the environment to kill them, me that required separation from your partner.

Fear, puzzle, teamwork, guns didn't help much at all.

It was pretty good.

Last edited:
If they really are gonna add Alice in the Mercs they might as well include Tofu and Akuma.

I would play the shit outta Tofu.

I heard Revelations was pretty good though, I watched a few videos on it and it seemed to have just enough ammo and a creepy atmosphere. So hopefully Capcom will go for more of that and less of RE6.

You basically want old resident evil. The one that doesn't sell that well.

All I want is to feel tension. The old games mechanics are archaic and has less depth.

Fear and tension combined with puzzles and scarce ammo is all I need. I just need t feel helpless. Where my guns are more of a stun than a kill. Can kill but at great costs.

I don't really care if it sells less. I would like to get an RE game that's not a CO-OP action shooter. it would be "OK" is they did that 2 character thing like in RE0 but I would prefer if they just made it like it was in the first game. if theres a way to do it without the tank controls, then I would accept that. but I just don't want to keep getting a game like RE5 or 6 because it would sell more. let those COD and Gears players play their COD and Gears and give us a true survival horror RE game like it used to be. and judging by the comments/posts I see in several RE threads on the internet, I think if they made RE the way they used to it would sell quite well. like I don't take you for someone whos living under a rock, so you should sorta know what im talking about. lots of people think RE sucked or wasn't as good after RE4. Some even don't like RE4 because of how different it is than the RE games before it.

Will not be getting RE7 on release day. I made that mistake with RE6 and I completely regret that decision. I'm just glad that when I traded it in, I got more than half my money back on it. So that was a plus.

I don't really care if it sells less. I would like to get an RE game that's not a CO-OP action shooter. it would be "OK" is they did that 2 character thing like in RE0 but I would prefer if they just made it like it was in the first game

Of course you don't care, they are a company that nearly tripled their sales with RE4. The toe games before that barely sold a million copies.

Might as well bail out now bro

OMG. theyre Capcom. they have many other games they make money from besides Resident Evil. theyre not going to go out of business if they make an RE game like it was before.

Lolol.

One day you'll understand corporate greed.

yes this is true but many people (including myself) didn't like RE6 (like capcom cares) but they may change their tune since they're going against the creator RE himself Shinji Mikami. His game the evil within could give RE7 a run for it's money if Capcom isn't careful. People still enjoy a good scarey game and with hits like Outlast and the hype that Alien Isolation is building proofs that survival horror is here to stay. I hope these games sell extremely well and force Capcom to reconsider the direction of RE.

Just so you know I would play an old school resident evil of they went that direction. I think the new mechanics just have more layers in the gameplay.

Most old school resident evil fans just want semi open world like the mansion.
Puzzles and to be afraid.

That's totally possible in the new system.

The old ones are pretty garbage once you figure out the AI

yes this is true but many people (including myself) didn't like RE6 (like capcom cares) but they may change their tune since they're going against the creator RE himself Shinji Mikami. His game the evil within could give RE7 a run for it's money if Capcom isn't careful. People still enjoy a good scarey game and with hits like Outlast and the hype that Alien Isolation is building proofs that survival horror is here to stay. I hope these games sell extremely well and force Capcom to reconsider the direction of RE.

You might want to check Capcom's BBB rating. That shows you how much of a shit Capcom gives about anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I won't follow, I'm a resident evil masochist.

I'm just fortunate enough to like more mediums and the medium it became doesn't bother me. The community is split. They do have action fans who boarded late starting with RE4, and going old school would alienate them.

I'm confident just scary atmosphere is enough to be on the good side of most fans.

I mean a lot of people are talking about jumping ship to evil within. I'll be playing both mind you. I also think evil within looks good.

You basically want old resident evil. The one that doesn't sell that well.

All I want is to feel tension. The old games mechanics are archaic and has less depth.

Cant really agree with that it doesn't sell well, it did pretty good and is a foundation as to why we have Resident Evil still and not Dino Crisis. You also have factors of console gamers growing with each generation. Players back then were usually one age group. That age group has grown and still play along with new generations of gamers.

Old school Resident Evil wouldn't work now, I agree, but the fundamentals of low ammo and health would add to the fear factor. Easy enemies, alot of life and check points don't equal to the fear of spending ages, having to worry about saves and ink ribbons.There is no real punishment for dying in the newer games.

NO CO-OP AT ALL IN ANY WAY! no online at all. not even leaderboards. NO QTEs!!!!

It's definitely going to have coop and online game modes just like RE5 and RE6.

Pretty sure you couldn't kill them, only stun.

You could kill them.

I heard Revelations was pretty good though, I watched a few videos on it and it seemed to have just enough ammo and a creepy atmosphere. So hopefully Capcom will go for more of that and less of RE6.

I'm hoping RE7 has the same feel as Revelations. Revelations is the closest thing to classic RE out of the newer Resident Evils.

They give a shit about money which they won't get from me if RE7 is nothing more than another brainless Third person michael bay shooter hopefully others follow.

You're just one customer, lol :p