Gods in Orderrealm?

DrgnLdy

Do you think there are any gods in Orderrealm similar to the ones in Earthrealm and Edenia? Why do you think we've never heard of them? At least with Chaosrealm, we know there was a chaos god that brought 'the tempest', whatever that means, to their realm, and Outworld's god was probably Onaga before Shao Kahn.

So far almost all the realms seem to have to have gods/deities as their protectors, so I would feel Orderealm too would have had one. However, since both Orderealm and Chaosrealm are polar opposites of each other I do feel they could have had a common past that could have led to their inhabitants and the realms in general being the way they are. I had theorized this in one of my stories, though nothing of this sort has mentioned to be canon, something along this lines is what I would like to see or maybe something better.

Flying Jinko said:
When the Elder Gods had first created all of the 6 prominent realms by seperating the conciousness of the 'One Being', they had appointed protector Gods to ensure that the denizens of the realm live hamoniously. The Deities, Aramus, the God of Discipline and Tzeentch, the God of Change were appointed as the protector Gods of the now known Orderealm and Chaosrealm respectively. The people of these realms were no different from the people from the other realms untill the day 'The Tempest' was unleashed.

Tzeentch, the God of Change, due to his gift to tranform and manipulate ruinous energies was tasked by the Eldar Gods to contain the negative energies released by the One Being. A considerable portion of this energy had led to the creation of the Netherealm, whose essences were so corrupt, that even the Elder Gods did not know the full extent of the realm's corruption.Thus in order to prevent the creation of such realms, Tzeentch burdened the remaining portions of the energy. However with the passing of millennia, the burden of Tzeentch only grew, as the evil deeds done by the denizens of the realms contributed to the runious energies. Unable to bear the burden any longer, Tzeentch approached the Elder Gods, requesting them to relieve or atleast share his burden. But his pleas were heard only by deaf ears, as the Eldar Gods refused his request. As time passed, the ruinous energies got imbued in the God's very being and no longer being able to contain the energy, his essences shattered and spread across the lands of the now known Chaosrealm, like an epidemic, corrupting and severely mutating the people and lands with his 'chaotic' powers. The release of such immense negativity created a massive imbalance in the formations of the realms. Aramus, the God of discipline, realised the only way to protect his realm was to restore the balance by countering the negativity by releasing his own essences. The God of discipline dematerialised and his essences spread over the lands of the now known Orderealm, succesfully restoring the balance to the realms. This event went down in history as 'The unleashing of the Tempest' which led to the creation of Orderealm and Chaosrealm. The Chaosrealm became a world where its inhabitants practiced chaos as their religion, living in absolute anarchy. The Orderealm transformed into a realm that was the polar opposite of Chaosrealm, where law,order,structure and discipline prevailed. The two realms had remained without protector Gods,ever since.

According to MK3 and UMK3's intro, from the words of Raiden, Outworld indeed has gods. What does everyone think of this? Do you think they were probably retconned out in MK9's universe or maybe they might still exist and might even play a more prominent role in future games?

I think Outworld's equivalent of a protector god could have been the Dragon King, he seemed like a being much more imposing than regular protector gods.

If there is a protector god of Seido he/she is most definitely a control freak. lol

It could even be possible that this god is the reason Seido is the way it is.

Well Shinnok is Shakka Kahn and Raidens father in MK Annihilation. Take that for what you will but its mentioned in MK vs DC too. Non cannon i know but MK has actually taken some influence from the movies. "Your soul is mine" been a prime example.
I cant see why Outworld would need a protector since they want to conquer and invade. MK tournament was invented to stop Shao Kahn invading other realms like Edenia.

Its all fake anyway. They know whos gonna win.

That's a pretty great idea.

How about other realms like Vaeternus and Zaterra? Outworld?

Actually in Mortal Kombat's official canon storyline. Shao Kahn was the protector of Outworld much like Raiden was to Earthrealm during Onaga's reign...

Actually in Mortal Kombat's official canon storyline. Shao Kahn was the protector of Outworld much like Raiden was to Earthrealm during Onaga's reign...
I remember hearing this somewhere as well; it could've been from Deception. I think it's at least fact mentioned that Shao Kahn served as Onaga's adviser, but is it stated anywhere that Shao Kahn was indeed Outworld's god?

I cant see why Outworld would need a protector since they want to conquer and invade. MK tournament was invented to stop Shao Kahn invading other realms like Edenia.

Its all fake anyway. They know whos gonna win.
I'm sure every original realm was assigned a god by the Elder Gods at some point to help maintain balance, but Shinnok and the One Being probably helped screw things up immensely.

Also, interesting way of looking at Mortal Kombat. :proud: