Official Batman vs Superman movie thread ~KEEP ALL DISCUSSION HERE, NO MORE THREADS~

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Calls in ARGO Screenwriter Chris Terrio

nice to see there taking some precautions

Earlier today, we reported that Warner Bros. is interested in Joaquin Phoenix playing the villain in their upcoming superhero sequel, Batman vs. Superman. While much of the casting has yet to be finalized, we now have word of another screenwriter joining the behind-the-scenes mix in Oscar-winner Chris Terrio (Argo). David S. Goyer penned the first draft of the film that finds Henry Cavill reprising his role as Superman, with Ben Affleck starring as an older, weathered Batman and Gal Gadot stepping into the shoes of Wonder Woman. Terrio, who has a strong relationship with Affeck, has brought in to clean up the script before production gets underway. Hit the jump for more.
As THR reports, ben-affleck-chris-terrioWarner Bros. is bringing in the Oscar-winning talent of Terrio to shore up the Batman vs. Superman script. Goyer is currently busy tending to other DC Comics titles, including the resurgent adaptation of Sandman. Terrio and Affleck previously collaborated on Argo, which earned an Oscar for Best Motion Picture and Best Writing of an Adapted Screenplay.

http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-chris-terrio/#PO8tBsvlXaD2pwBy.99

Joaquin Phoenix reportedly being considered as Lex Luthor in 'Batman vs. Superman'

wouldnt be my first choice but i wont complain just yet. i would prefer it if they didnt use luthor again. also i think batman vs superman is just a code name for jla seeing as we keep seeing more additions to the film charachter wise.

Warner Bros. is considering Joaquin Phoenix, most recently seen falling in love with a computer in the Spike Jonze movie Her, for a role in the film widely dubbed Batman vs. Superman, Variety reports. According to sources, he could be tapped as the film's antagonist, probably Lex Luthor. Whether he will receive a formal offer or accept one is another matter, as is the veracity of the rumor: after all, it's only been a few months since Bryan Cranston denied being cast as the supervillain. If it becomes official, Phoenix's Lex Luthor will join Fast & Furious actor Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Ben Affleck's Batman, Henry Cavill's Superman, and Amy Adams' Lois Lane on the sequel to Man of Steel.

The film doesn't come out until the summer of 2015, but casting rumors have been flying since it was announced at San Diego Comic Con, suggesting that we'll see a lot of cameos from other DC characters. While a fight between Batman and Superman was immortalized in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, director Zack Snyder has insisted that he's not making an adaptation of the comic, though it will draw inspiration from it.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/18/...onsidered-as-lex-luthor-in-batman-vs-superman

Re: Joaquin Phoenix reportedly being considered as Lex Luthor in 'Batman vs. Superman

Also, I'd want Megan Fox as Catwoman!

denzel washington to play john stewart in batman vs superman!

oh hell yes! just make it jla already please

Earlier rumors hit that actor Denzel Washington was set to play Superman’s arch nemesis Lex Luthor in the highly anticipated Man of Steel sequel, which is set to open in theaters in 2015. As quickly as that story went viral on the Internet we received a scoop claiming something completely different.

According to our source, the “Training Day” actor is being considered for the role of Green Lantern John Stewart instead. If this proves to be true, Green Lantern will join an ever growing list of members from DC’s Justice League of America that also include Superman, Batman and Wonder Women.

What are your thoughts on this new development?

“Batman vs. Superman” opens in theaters on July 17, 2015. Many fans think the official title will be Justice League. The movie will be directed by Zack Snyder and stars Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and more!

Source: Nuke the Fridge

- See more at: http://nukethefridge.com/2013/12/27...tern-superman-vs-batman/#sthash.ScpDMPhY.dpuf

Re: denzel washington to play john stewart in batman vs superman!

IMO "Idris Elba" would have been a better choice. Don't get me wrong, Denzel is the man( 2 Guns was great!), but as far as actors that "look" the part Idris Elba would have been a better choice IMO.

Bruce Willis would be the best Lex Luther. No questions asked!

meh i dont want lex. i have seen him enough. personally id love black adam to be in and since a shazam movie wont happen now or anytime soom so it couldnt hurt to use the villain from that expecially when snyder never dived into the whole superman cant handle magic deal

I like Bruce, but he's not Luthor material. Benedict Cumberbatch would play a better Luthor IMO. He's well spoken, refined, and can play one hell of a villain as he displayed in ST:id. Have him throw on an American accent and there is your next Luthor.

I like Bruce, but he's not Luthor material. Benedict Cumberbatch would play a better Luthor IMO. He's well spoken, refined, and can play one hell of a villain as he displayed in ST:id. Have him throw on an American accent and there is your next Luthor.

cumberbatch seems more like a braniac or metallo. that voice he has is just amazing also im tired of seeing lex all the time i want a new villain

IMO "Idris Elba" would have been a better choice. Don't get me wrong, Denzel is the man( 2 Guns was great!), but as far as actors that "look" the part Idris Elba would have been a better choice IMO.

itll never happen. its the jamie alexander wonder woman argument all over again. disney/marvel will never allow it

most likely a rumor but ....

batman/superman perhaps since lobo is rumored for the film?

quoted for juicy part

Here’s what Johnson had to say about WB and DC:

Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assert. #RockTalk
Not much in the way of details. Knee-jerk reactions will probably have people screaming, “Lobo!” but “Johnson himself said the project “went away.” That was a year ago, however, so perhaps things have changed.

sourcehttp://collider.com/dwayne-johnson-warner-bros-dc-comics/#mbZDabGPbE9PPLD5.99

More Behind-the-Scenes Details on BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN; Production Budget Set at $131 Million

With production gearing up for Zack Snyder‘s Batman vs. Superman, we have some new behind-the-scenes details. Michelle Grinnell, public relations manager for the Michigan Film Office, tells Inquisitr that this is the largest production for the state since Oz, the Great and Powerful, and will come in with a budget of $131 million. Keep in mind that this is only on the production budget, and doesn’t include additional locations and post-production costs, which will likely push the budget far beyond $131 million. Furthermore, the Detroit Free Press reports that the production will use all seven sound studios at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac as well as locations around the state. The shoot is expected to create 6,000 jobs and bring in $5 million in revenue. As we previously reported, there will also be some shooting in Yorkville, Illinois, where the production is building a new Kent Farm. Filming on Batman vs. Superman is expected to wrap in August.
Read more at http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-production-budget/#QXIeyKEI3iutFp40.99

they are legit i watch her husbands show everyday and this was posted yesterday

looks like luthor is cast batman will be alex ross version

i'm pretty iffy with this one, on one hand i do want it to be good so i won't judge until i actually see it, but it seems a bit too fast to start with the cross over stuff.....i mean the marvel movies took their time in creating their universe and characters before avengers. think about it, we're getting introduced to a new batman in the sequel for the superman we just got introduced to...that doesn't leave much room for character development for either of them, and now rumors of wonder woman? hopefully they pull it off but it seems shakey.