NPC Blocking?

Jack Yakoub

I need to ask because this is making me freak the out. Every time I'm playing NPCs seem to be able to gain immunity half way through animations or BLOCK BEFORE AN ANIMATION IS EVEN OVER. Am I doing something wrong? Every time I try to block I have to wait until the animation is completely over and NPCs can hit me half way through a teleport animation, when it'd never work vice versa.

Are you doing Challenge #300 on the Challenge Tower, or do you mean fighting against regular bosses in Ladder Mode?

If you are doing Challenge #300 in the Challenge Tower, Shao Kahn will randomly give power ups to Kintaro, Goro, Mileena and himself.

I'm talking in general. I tried ladder mode on expert, and even in story mode on medium. It seems as though NPCs can block just before their animation is over, making them nearly impossible to counter. Is there any slight advantage in this sense given to NPCs or am I just off by the milliseconds? I'm not the best player but it still is quite frustrating.

You're probably just not fast enough.
MK9 has a lot of problems, but I've never heard of this one

It just seems ridiculously easy for an NPC to transition from performing a skill and blocking, at a speed that doesn't seem possible. Faster than I can while HOLDING down block the entire time (which should instantly block as soon as possible)

At certain difficulties, the AI can read your moves easier, but everything is beatable in MK9.
The block button does work well, though.

Try practicing in Practice Mode on the harder settings, since losing doesn't matter there, and keep on practicing. ;)